Error Message: When Sending email: "Request failed; Mailbox unavailable."

I set up a new account for which I can receive emails okay but cannot send. When sending, I get the
following error message:

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Request failed; Mailbox
unavailable.  Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."

What do I do to fix this?
0
Arnie
6/6/2018 11:45:49 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> I set up a new account for which I can receive emails okay but cannot send. When sending, I get the
> following error message:
>
> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Request failed; Mailbox
> unavailable.  Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."
>
> What do I do to fix this?

Looks like I may have to login to my Yahoo account and do the following:

Add a new "send-only Address" with your external email-address and name.
0
Arnie
6/6/2018 12:04:30 PM
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> Arnie Goetchius wrote:
>> I set up a new account for which I can receive emails okay but cannot send. When sending, I get the
>> following error message:
>>
>> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Request failed; Mailbox
>> unavailable.  Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."
>>
>> What do I do to fix this?
>>
> Looks like I may have to login to my Yahoo account and do the following:
>
> Add a new "send-only Address" with your external email-address and name.

Had to set up a separate Outgoing Server (SMTP) for the new email address to make it work.
0
Arnie