Error Message: There is not enough disk space...

This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
converting to SM 2.49.1:

> There is not enough disk space to download new messages. Try deleting old mail, emptying the Trash folder, and compacting your mail folders, and then try again.

1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
separate drive

2) the disk in question is 80% free

3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free

0
sean
11/14/2017 6:41:52 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12615 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 15/11/2017 5:41 AM, sean wrote:
> This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
> converting to SM 2.49.1:
>
>> There is not enough disk space to download new messages. Try deleting
>> old mail, emptying the Trash folder, and compacting your mail folders,
>> and then try again.
>
> 1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
> separate drive
>
> 2) the disk in question is 80% free
>
> 3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free

Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem to
recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!
0
Daniel
11/16/2017 9:26:52 AM
Daniel wrote:
> On 15/11/2017 5:41 AM, sean wrote:
>> This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
>> converting to SM 2.49.1:
>>
>>> There is not enough disk space to download new messages. Try deleting
>>> old mail, emptying the Trash folder, and compacting your mail
>>> folders, and then try again.
>>
>> 1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
>> separate drive
>>
>> 2) the disk in question is 80% free
>>
>> 3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free
>>
> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem to
> recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".

I did recently had to reImport all of my e'mail... the local folders got
messed up... so lemme go check permissions on those files... thanks...

0
sean
11/17/2017 4:08:01 AM
Daniel wrote:
> On 15/11/2017 5:41 AM, sean wrote:
>> This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
>> converting to SM 2.49.1:
>>
>>> There is not enough disk space to download new messages. Try deleting
>>> old mail, emptying the Trash folder, and compacting your mail
>>> folders, and then try again.
>>
>> 1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
>> separate drive
>>
>> 2) the disk in question is 80% free
>>
>> 3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free
>>
> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem to
> recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".

Thanks Daniel,
    This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error... but
doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a separate
"device"

--
sean

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
sean
11/17/2017 8:01:11 PM
On 18/11/2017 7:01 AM, sean wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> On 15/11/2017 5:41 AM, sean wrote:
>>> This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
>>> converting to SM 2.49.1:

>>> 1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
>>> separate drive
>>>
>>> 2) the disk in question is 80% free
>>>
>>> 3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free
>>>
>> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
>> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem
>> to recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
>> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".
>
> Thanks Daniel,
>     This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error... but
> doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
> folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a separate
> "device"

I really hope your "1.49.1" is a slip of the fingers ... O.K., I see in
your original post you mentioned "2.49.1"!!

I had my Win7 SeaMonkey Program on my G: drive/partition and my Profile
on my H: drive/partition. No problem ..... until I, recently, ran out of
space on my G: drive/partition!! ;-(

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!
0
Daniel
11/18/2017 10:13:38 AM
Daniel wrote:
> On 18/11/2017 7:01 AM, sean wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
>>> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem
>>> to recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
>>> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".
>>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>     This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error...
>> but doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
>> folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a
>> separate "device"
>>
> I really hope your "1.49.1" is a slip of the fingers ... O.K., I see in
> your original post you mentioned "2.49.1"!!

More like a slip of my brain cells... yes 2.49.1 ;~)

> I had my Win7 SeaMonkey Program on my G: drive/partition and my Profile
> on my H: drive/partition. No problem ..... until I, recently, ran out of
> space on my G: drive/partition!! ;-(

its a 249 gb Solid state drive, currently seens as a "device" by
peppermint linux... 50% capacity is available... sorta weird

--
sean

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
sean
11/18/2017 3:35:50 PM
> Daniel wrote:> On 18/11/2017 7:01 AM, sean wrote:

>>> Thanks Daniel,
>>>     This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error...
>>> but doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
>>> folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a
>>> separate "device"
>>>
>> I really hope your "1.49.1" is a slip of the fingers ... O.K., I see in
>> your original post you mentioned "2.49.1"!!
> More like a slip of my brain cells... yes 2.49.1 ;~)
>
>> I had my Win7 SeaMonkey Program on my G: drive/partition and my Profile
>> on my H: drive/partition. No problem ..... until I, recently, ran out of
>> space on my G: drive/partition!! ;-(
> its a 249 gb Solid state drive, currently seens as a "device" by peppermint linux... 50% capacity is available... sorta weird

As I attempted to post this, I had not yet re-linked the local folders
to its place on my ssd drive, so when I hit send, I received bothe the
error messages

1) there is not enough disk space...
2) there was an error copying to...

because my news group messages go to a folder on the missing local folders.
0
sean
11/18/2017 3:42:10 PM
Daniel wrote:
> On 18/11/2017 7:01 AM, sean wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
>>> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem
>>> to recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
>>> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".
>>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>     This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error...
>> but doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
>> folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a
>> separate "device"
>>
> I really hope your "1.49.1" is a slip of the fingers ... O.K., I see in
> your original post you mentioned "2.49.1"!!
>
> I had my Win7 SeaMonkey Program on my G: drive/partition and my Profile
> on my H: drive/partition. No problem ..... until I, recently, ran out of
> space on my G: drive/partition!! ;-(

okay, digging deeper, this is a 240GB SSD w/ 198GB open & available, but
the permissions have bounced back to read-only... hmmm

--
sean

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
sean
11/18/2017 3:47:55 PM
Daniel wrote:
> On 18/11/2017 7:01 AM, sean wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> Sean, have you been fiddling with your profile recently?? i.e. maybe
>>> used CD's to copy your profile from one computer to another?? I seem
>>> to recall that you might get such a message if one or other of the
>>> file/folders in your profile had become "Read Only".
>>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>     This seems to have resolved the "Not Enough Disk Space" error...
>> but doesn't resolve why SM 1.49.1 doesn't wanna remember that my local
>> folders are on a separate drive... or as linux refers to it, a
>> separate "device"
>>
> I really hope your "1.49.1" is a slip of the fingers ... O.K., I see in
> your original post you mentioned "2.49.1"!!
>
> I had my Win7 SeaMonkey Program on my G: drive/partition and my Profile
> on my H: drive/partition. No problem ..... until I, recently, ran out of
> space on my G: drive/partition!! ;-(

Something about how linux reads the additional drives as "devices"
limits my ability to have full read/write permissions, so I moved the
local folders to my virtually empty /home folder... will give this
layout a few test runs
--
sean

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
sean
11/18/2017 5:09:19 PM
sean wrote:
> This is a new error message that I am receiving frequently since
> converting to SM 2.49.1:
>
>> There is not enough disk space to download new messages. Try deleting
>> old mail, emptying the Trash folder, and compacting your mail folders,
>> and then try again.
>
> 1) Seamonkey keeps losing track of my  local folders designation on a
> separate drive
>
> 2) the disk in question is 80% free
>
> 3) the disk the program is installed on is 50% free

my triaging reveals this wasn't a Seamonkey issue, but rather a "disk
permissions issue" which was resolved by moving the location of my local
folders back into my /home folder while i figure out how to reset the
permissions on the 2nd SSD "device"
--
sean

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
sean
11/18/2017 6:07:19 PM
sean wrote:

> Something about how linux reads the additional drives as "devices"
> limits my ability to have full read/write permissions, so I moved the
> local folders to my virtually empty /home folder... will give this
> layout a few test runs

Depends on how you mount them. I have a fileserver on my LAN where I
store all our camera images so they are commonly shared by all
workstations. On Ubuntu workstations the NFS share is mounted in fstab
with line to my server aang2

aang2.lws.lan:/mnt/datastore    /mnt/datastore            nfs4
_netdev,auto,hard,intr  0       0

I have a subdirectory on the nfs share Camera with all our cameras
dumped images so I created a link in the user profile:

~/Pictures/Camera that point to /mnt/datastore/Camera

So my Linux workstations have a common "local" access to Camera...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
0
Jonathan
11/18/2017 8:44:23 PM
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> sean wrote:
>>
>> Something about how linux reads the additional drives as "devices"
>> limits my ability to have full read/write permissions, so I moved the
>> local folders to my virtually empty /home folder... will give this
>> layout a few test runs
>
> Depends on how you mount them. I have a fileserver on my LAN where I
> store all our camera images so they are commonly shared by all
> workstations. On Ubuntu workstations the NFS share is mounted in fstab
> with line to my server aang2
>
> aang2.lws.lan:/mnt/datastore    /mnt/datastore            nfs4
> _netdev,auto,hard,intr  0       0
>
> I have a subdirectory on the nfs share Camera with all our cameras
> dumped images so I created a link in the user profile:
>
> ~/Pictures/Camera that point to /mnt/datastore/Camera
>
> So my Linux workstations have a common "local" access to Camera...

Rereading the thread more info. My example shows having a local "folder"
as a network share, another partition or drive on the same system is
similar and real easy... If the drive is just for you just create a
directory for the mount point in your profile and then mount drive in
fstab to that directory

/dev/sbd1 /home/sean/Documents/MoreStuff  ext4 defaults  0  2

--
Take care,

Jonathan