Email error message #2

This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is an
illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.0
Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
5.7.0 visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
check the message and try again."

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 2:45:48 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13277 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 3/10/13 7:45 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
> This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
> someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
> when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
> link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is an
> illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
> attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.
>
> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.0
> Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
> 5.7.0 visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
> 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
> check the message and try again."
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Danny

Are you sending HTML-formatted or plain text messages?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Are taxes too high in the U.S.?  Check the bar graph
at <http://www.rossde.com/taxes/trickling.html> to see.
0
David
3/11/2013 3:05:44 AM
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:45:48 -0500
Danny Kile <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

> This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
> someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
> when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
> link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is
> an illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
> attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.
>
> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
> 5.7.0 Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message.
> Please 5.7.0 visit
> http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to 5.7.0
> review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
> check the message and try again."
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Unfortunately, there may not be any help for this.  Some searching
shows that GMail's attachment filtering has been having issues with
false positives for years*, but there's no word from Google about what
causes them or even acknowledgement that a problem exists, and I
couldn't find anybody even guessing about what triggers the problem or
how to work around it.

I hope I'm wrong, and somebody here can help you figure it out.  Good
luck!

* One example, which matches your issue:
  <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9749809/gmail-reports-illegal-attachment-without-any-attachments>
0
UTF
3/11/2013 3:46:27 AM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/10/13 7:45 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
>> This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
>> someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
>> when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
>> link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is an
>> illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
>> attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.
>>
>> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.0
>> Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
>> 5.7.0 visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
>> 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
>> check the message and try again."
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>>
>> Danny
>>

> Are you sending HTML-formatted or plain text messages?

I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text. However you put me on to
something. I noticed that the link www.whatever.com is a hot link in my
text but also it shows up in the attachments window. If I delete the
link out of the attachment list before I send it it will go without a
problem. Is there a setting someplace that is causing this to happen. I
do not recall this happening in the past. SM is 2.16.

Thank you,

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 4:01:22 AM
Danny Kile wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 3/10/13 7:45 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
>>> This may not be the correct place for this question. However, maybe
>>> someone can direct me to the correct place. I get the following error
>>> when I send an email with a link. I does not matter where I send the
>>> link to or what the link is to. The error message states that it is an
>>> illegal attachment on your message, when in fact I do not have a
>>> attachment at all. I only have a link within my text.
>>>
>>> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.0
>>> Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
>>> 5.7.0 visit http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
>>> 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. 4sm15726472obj.7 - gsmtp. Please
>>> check the message and try again."
>>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>>>
>>> Danny
>>>

>> Are you sending HTML-formatted or plain text messages?
>>

> I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text. However you put me on to
> something. I noticed that the link www.whatever.com is a hot link in my
> text but also it shows up in the attachments window. If I delete the
> link out of the attachment list before I send it it will go without a
> problem. Is there a setting someplace that is causing this to happen. I
> do not recall this happening in the past. SM is 2.16.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Danny

OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
putting my links in the Attachment list?

Thank you,

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 4:41:04 AM
Danny Kile wrote:

> OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
> other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
> It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
> executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
> putting my links in the Attachment list?

".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?

Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your recipient to
change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to see if
that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--

Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>> OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
>> other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
>> It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
>> executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
>> putting my links in the Attachment list?
>
> ".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
> support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
> extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?
>
> Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your recipient to
> change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to see if
> that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--
>
> Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)

"".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits", yes I know this
I read the google link listed in the error message. I remember file
extension from long before DOS day, back in HDOS and CP/M days.

As far as changing the link goes I should not have to. I will sometimes
do research for a family member who can barely turn on the PC. If I go
to a web page and then do a send to mail recipient I just want it to go
without an problems. I have look back in my sent folder and found where
I did this in the past and the links where not listed in the Attachment
list. I can also do a send message as new and resent it and it goes
without a hitch, and the links are not listed in the Attachment List.

"Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)" Well I live in and
travel in a RV so I never have the same ISP or a permanent IP. So I can
receive mail on any of my 6 email account buy not send. This is due to
one ISP not allowing may from another domain not a different domain
access if not a member of that domain. So I use G-mail account and send
all my other account thru the G-mail SMTP. That way I can send mail as
well as receive it no matter where I am. If there is a better way to do
this let me know.

I guess my question is this SM use to not put my links in the Attachment
List, why does it do it now? I can create the mails and then just delete
the attachment in the list and it goes through.

Thank you,

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 12:30:13 PM
Danny Kile wrote:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
>>> other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
>>> It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
>>> executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
>>> putting my links in the Attachment list?
>>
>> ".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
>> support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
>> extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?
>>
>> Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your
>> recipient to
>> change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to
>> see if
>> that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--
>>
>> Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)
>>

> "".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits", yes I know this
> I read the google link listed in the error message. I remember file
> extension from long before DOS day, back in HDOS and CP/M days.
>
> As far as changing the link goes I should not have to. I will sometimes
> do research for a family member who can barely turn on the PC. If I go
> to a web page and then do a send to mail recipient I just want it to go
> without an problems. I have look back in my sent folder and found where
> I did this in the past and the links where not listed in the Attachment
> list. I can also do a send message as new and resent it and it goes
> without a hitch, and the links are not listed in the Attachment List.
>
> "Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)" Well I live in and
> travel in a RV so I never have the same ISP or a permanent IP. So I can
> receive mail on any of my 6 email account buy not send. This is due to
> one ISP not allowing may from another domain not a different domain
> access if not a member of that domain. So I use G-mail account and send
> all my other account thru the G-mail SMTP. That way I can send mail as
> well as receive it no matter where I am. If there is a better way to do
> this let me know.
>
> I guess my question is this SM use to not put my links in the Attachment
> List, why does it do it now? I can create the mails and then just delete
> the attachment in the list and it goes through.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Danny

If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it.
At 0951 today, A Wiliiams (who chooses to hide a valid return email
address) said:

"If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it."

If you don't mind, what function does the addition of a forward slash at
the end of a link perform?

keith whaley

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM, A Williams <root@localhost.localdomain>wrote:

> Danny Kile wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>
>>> Danny Kile wrote:

>>> ".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
>>> support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
>>> extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?
>>>
>>> Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your
>>> recipient to
>>> change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to
>>> see if
>>> that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--
>>>
>>> Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)
>>>

>> "".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits", yes I know this
>> I read the google link listed in the error message. I remember file
>> extension from long before DOS day, back in HDOS and CP/M days.
>>
>> As far as changing the link goes I should not have to. I will sometimes
>> do research for a family member who can barely turn on the PC. If I go
>> to a web page and then do a send to mail recipient I just want it to go
>> without an problems. I have look back in my sent folder and found where
>> I did this in the past and the links where not listed in the Attachment
>> list. I can also do a send message as new and resent it and it goes
>> without a hitch, and the links are not listed in the Attachment List.
>>
>> "Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)" Well I live in and
>> travel in a RV so I never have the same ISP or a permanent IP. So I can
>> receive mail on any of my 6 email account buy not send. This is due to
>> one ISP not allowing may from another domain not a different domain
>> access if not a member of that domain. So I use G-mail account and send
>> all my other account thru the G-mail SMTP. That way I can send mail as
>> well as receive it no matter where I am. If there is a better way to do
>> this let me know.
>>
>> I guess my question is this SM use to not put my links in the Attachment
>> List, why does it do it now? I can create the mails and then just delete
>> the attachment in the list and it goes through.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Danny
>>

> If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
> PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it.

keith_w
3/11/2013 5:12:21 PM
keith_w wrote:
> At 0951 today, A Wiliiams (who chooses to hide a valid return email
> address) said:
>
> "If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
> PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it."
>
> If you don't mind, what function does the addition of a forward slash at
> the end of a link perform?
>
> keith whaley

The important thing is, it does not break the link.

If I posted a real email address it would be spammed.  Nowadays I tend
to use an alias if I have to provide a valid address (which this one
does not require), my provider allows up to 5 aliases on each real
address.  Once the spam starts coming in, that alias is history.

keith_w wrote:

> "If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
> PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it."
>
> If you don't mind, what function does the addition of a forward slash at
> the end of a link perform?

Well, it seems to alleviate A Williams's problem with his email client
confusing the link as a "file." Secondly, it removes a step at the web
server - prevents it having to do a redirect. I always add a slash after
the TLD if I'm only linking to a domain name or a directory. See:

<http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginningtutorials/f/why-urls-end-in-
slash.htm>

If you send a link to a specific page, do not add a slash.

   http://example.com/subdir/thispage.html  gets NO slash.

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> keith_w wrote:
>
>> "If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
>> PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it."
>>
>> If you don't mind, what function does the addition of a forward slash at
>> the end of a link perform?
>
> Well, it seems to alleviate A Williams's problem with his email client
> confusing the link as a "file." Secondly, it removes a step at the web
> server - prevents it having to do a redirect. I always add a slash after
> the TLD if I'm only linking to a domain name or a directory. See:
>
> <http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginningtutorials/f/why-urls-end-in-
> slash.htm>
>
> If you send a link to a specific page, do not add a slash.
>
>     http://example.com/subdir/thispage.html  gets NO slash.

Putting a slash at the end does not fix the problem, in fact some pages
will have a slash and the end already. The only way to get it to send is
to remove the link from the attachments list window. I still do not know
why SM put a link in the attachments list.

Thank you,

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 7:19:36 PM

<kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

> I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text.

Where can this be specified ?  I see only
"Compose messages in HTML format" (modal
tick box), and no option to specify "BOTH".

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
3/11/2013 7:25:03 PM
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:
>
>> I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text.
>
> Where can this be specified ?  I see only
> "Compose messages in HTML format" (modal
> tick box), and no option to specify "BOTH".
>
> Philip Taylor

Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Send Format the Radio Button
about half way down.

Danny
0
Danny
3/11/2013 7:45:58 PM
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:
>
>> I have it setup to send in HTML and plain text.
>
> Where can this be specified ?  I see only
> "Compose messages in HTML format" (modal
> tick box), and no option to specify "BOTH".
>
> Philip Taylor

Preferences->Mail & News Groups->Send Format->Send the message in both

Larry S.
0
Larry
3/11/2013 8:02:28 PM

Danny Kile wrote:

> Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Send Format the Radio Button
> about half way down.

Got it.  Thank you.
0
Philip
3/11/2013 8:24:02 PM
fluent in HTML 4 since 2002 and I never knew that...thanks BTS!
GW

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> .....I always add a slash after
> the TLD if I'm only linking to a domain name or a directory. See:
>
> <http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginningtutorials/f/why-urls-end-in-
> slash.htm>
>
> If you send a link to a specific page, do not add a slash.
>
>     http://example.com/subdir/thispage.html  gets NO slash.

0
Geoff
3/11/2013 11:43:23 PM
Geoff Welsh wrote:

> fluent in HTML 4 since 2002 and I never knew that...thanks BTS!

You're welcome.

--
   -bts
   -writing web sites since 1997   ;-)
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, On 11/03/2013 12:02:

>> OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
>> other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
>> It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
>> executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
>> putting my links in the Attachment list?
> ".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
> support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
> extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?
>
> Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your recipient to
> change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to see if
> that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--
>
> Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)

I have tested sending a mail containing a link ending with .com on my
gmail box, and i was able to read it using gmail (webmail access)
without having an error speaking about an attachment.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909
Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1
0
Ray_Net
3/12/2013 3:43:59 PM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, On 11/03/2013 12:02:

>>> OK some more testing done and I have found that if the link is something
>>> other than a .com, lets say speedtest.net or or whatever.xxx it works.
>>> It just can not be a whatever.com. Seems like it see the .com as an
>>> executable file and not a link. Is there a setting in SM to keep it from
>>> putting my links in the Attachment list?
>> ".com" is on the list of file types google prohibits, according to the
>> support link you first posted. A .com file is a command file type
>> extension. Remember those from the old DOS days?
>>
>> Perhaps you could obfuscate it is some fashion, and tell your
>> recipient to
>> change it back? Also try including a trailing slash in your link to
>> see if
>> that gets by the google filter.  http://example.com/  <--
>>
>> Or use a less restrictive mail service?   ;-)
>>
> I have tested sending a mail containing a link ending with .com on my
> gmail box, and i was able to read it using gmail (webmail access)
> without having an error speaking about an attachment.
> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909
> Firefox/15.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.12.1

So when you create an email with a link in it lets say weather.com, does
the weather.com show up in SM attachments window?
0
Danny
3/12/2013 5:14:49 PM
It did not for me, even after I had replicated your
setup (compose in HTML, send in both formats).
I did note, however, that when creating the link,
it asked whether I wanted the contents included
as an attachment.  Are you asked this question, and
if so, what do you answer, and how exactly do you
create your links in the HTML editor ?

P.S.  Of course, I did not attempt to create a link
to (say) "weather.com"; I created a link to (say)

	http://weather.com/

Philip Taylor
--------

<kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

> So when you create an email with a link in it lets say weather.com,
> does the weather.com show up in SM attachments window?
0
Philip
3/12/2013 5:42:28 PM
Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> It did not for me, even after I had replicated your
> setup (compose in HTML, send in both formats).
> I did note, however, that when creating the link,
> it asked whether I wanted the contents included
> as an attachment.  Are you asked this question, and
> if so, what do you answer, and how exactly do you
> create your links in the HTML editor ?
>
> P.S.  Of course, I did not attempt to create a link
> to (say) "weather.com"; I created a link to (say)
>
> 	http://weather.com/
>
> Philip Taylor
> --------
>
> <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:
>
>> So when you create an email with a link in it lets say weather.com,
>> does the weather.com show up in SM attachments window?

No it does not ask me if I want the contents included as an attachment.
I create attachment in two way typing them in as www.domainname.com or
some times I will be at a site www.domainname.com and then right click
and choose send this page, in either case it will be added to the
attachment list.

Danny
0
Danny
3/13/2013 1:02:57 AM
Danny Kile wrote:
> Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>> It did not for me, even after I had replicated your
>> setup (compose in HTML, send in both formats).
>> I did note, however, that when creating the link,
>> it asked whether I wanted the contents included
>> as an attachment.  Are you asked this question, and
>> if so, what do you answer, and how exactly do you
>> create your links in the HTML editor ?
>>
>> P.S.  Of course, I did not attempt to create a link
>> to (say) "weather.com"; I created a link to (say)
>>
>>     http://weather.com/
>>
>> Philip Taylor
>> --------
>>
>> <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>> So when you create an email with a link in it lets say weather.com,
>>> does the weather.com show up in SM attachments window?
>
> No it does not ask me if I want the contents included as an attachment.
> I create attachment in two way typing them in as www.domainname.com or
> some times I will be at a site www.domainname.com and then right click
> and choose send this page, in either case it will be added to the
> attachment list.
>
> Danny

Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want to send
a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to the page??

Or am I mis-interpreting what you are trying to do??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913
0
Daniel
3/13/2013 8:47:11 AM
Daniel wrote:

> Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want to send
> a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to the page??
>
> Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to do??

Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu does.

Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the page,
and choose "Send Page."

A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in the
body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has nothing to
do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
3/13/2013 9:42:33 AM
Danny --

Danny Kile wrote :

> Philip TAYLOR wrote:how exactly do you
>> create your links in the HTML editor ?

> No it does not ask me if I want the contents included as an
> attachment. I create attachment in two way typing them in as
> www.domainname.com or some times I will be at a site
> www.domainname.com and then right click and choose send this page, in
> either case it will be added to the attachment list.

The latter is clear; you are sending a page (as attachment);
the former didn't answer my question -- I aksed "how do you
create your links in the HTML (e-mail) editor", and that
part remains unresolved, since it is only when I create
a link to (e.g.,) "http://example.com/" that I am asked
if I want the contents included as attachment.  So far
I cannot see any mention in your description of how you
proceed as to exactly how you create /links/ in the e-mail
to the site of interest.  Other things (e.g., www.domainname.com)
are not links at all, they are just strings that end in .com

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
3/13/2013 10:06:53 AM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want to send
>> a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to the page??
>>
>> Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to do??
>
> Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu does.
>
> Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the page,
> and choose "Send Page."
>
> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in the
> body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has nothing to
> do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.

Paul, have you actually tried doing as you suggest above (i.e. send
yourself the link *and* the attachment)??

With the link shown in the body, and the attachment show up in its
little window, I sent the e-mail to myself, and when received, the
attachment was shown below the line (i.e. show attachments in-line),
there was all this information that I had never seen before, e.g.

Part Quote
Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to search.Learn more
</support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=186645&form=bb&hl=en-AU>
Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Press Enter to search.
Press Enter to search.
Screen-reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant.
</setprefs?prev=https://www.google.com.au/&sig=0_-CJNiLe2iQIW3Iyosa8pVoyNavw%3D&suggon=2>

End part Quote

Amazing what the code can hide!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913
0
Daniel
3/13/2013 10:13:01 AM
Daniel wrote:
> Danny Kile wrote:
>> Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>>> It did not for me, even after I had replicated your
>>> setup (compose in HTML, send in both formats).
>>> I did note, however, that when creating the link,
>>> it asked whether I wanted the contents included
>>> as an attachment.  Are you asked this question, and
>>> if so, what do you answer, and how exactly do you
>>> create your links in the HTML editor ?
>>>
>>> P.S.  Of course, I did not attempt to create a link
>>> to (say) "weather.com"; I created a link to (say)
>>>
>>>     http://weather.com/
>>>
>>> Philip Taylor
>>> --------

>> No it does not ask me if I want the contents included as an attachment.
>> I create attachment in two way typing them in as www.domainname.com or
>> some times I will be at a site www.domainname.com and then right click
>> and choose send this page, in either case it will be added to the
>> attachment list.
>>
>> Danny
>
> Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want to send
> a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to the page??
>
> Or am I mis-interpreting what you are trying to do??

When I am at a webpage and right click, then choose send this page, I do
not recall it sending the page but instead it just sent the link. Or
maybe it did sent the link and I just never noticed it in the attachment
until recently when they started being bounced back.

Thanks,

Danny
0
Danny
3/13/2013 12:28:01 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want to send
>> a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to the page??
>>
>> Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to do??
>
> Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu does.
>
> Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the page,
> and choose "Send Page."
>
> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in the
> body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has nothing to
> do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.

Thank you, I could not have said it better. So my question is why is
SeaMonkey doing this? And to thing I thought I was going crazy.

Danny,
0
Danny
3/13/2013 12:30:51 PM
Danny Kile:
>Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

[Send Page]
>> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in the
>> body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
>> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has nothing to
>> do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.
>>

>Thank you, I could not have said it better. So my question is why is
>SeaMonkey doing this? And to thing I thought I was going crazy.

How about File->Send Link? :)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
3/13/2013 12:33:58 PM

<kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

> Thank you, I could not have said it better. So my question is why is
> SeaMonkey doing this?

Because that is what you asked it to do : "Send Paqe",
not "Send link to Paqe".

Philip Taylor
0
Philip
3/13/2013 12:37:12 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Danny Kile:
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
> [Send Page]
>>> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in the
>>> body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
>>> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has nothing to
>>> do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.
>>>

>> Thank you, I could not have said it better. So my question is why is
>> SeaMonkey doing this? And to thing I thought I was going crazy.
>
> How about File->Send Link? :)
>
> Hartmut

OK, File->Send Link work the way file send page use to work. I could use
file send link instead. My question is this then how can I get send link
in the context right click menu?

Danny,

0
Danny

?
>> Daniel wrote:
>>
>>> Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want
>>> to send a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to
>>> the page??
>>>
>>> Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to do??
>>
>> Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu
>> does.
>>
>> Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the
>> page, and choose "Send Page."
>>
>> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in
>> the body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
>> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has
>> nothing to do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.
>
> Paul, have you actually tried doing as you suggest above (i.e. send
> yourself the link *and* the attachment)??
>
> With the link shown in the body, and the attachment show up in its
> little window, I sent the e-mail to myself, and when received, the
> attachment was shown below the line (i.e. show attachments in-line),
> there was all this information that I had never seen before, e.g.
>
> Part Quote Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to
> search.Learn more
> </support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=186645&form=bb&hl=en-AU>
> Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Press Enter to search.
> Press Enter to search. Screen-reader users, click here to turn off
> Google Instant.
> </setprefs?prev=https://www.google.com.au/&sig=0_-CJNiLe2iQIW3Iyosa8pVoyNavw%3D&suggon=2>
>
> End part Quote
>
> Amazing what the code can hide!

OK, yes, I did try, twice.

The first attempt was to my gmail address, and sure enough, Google
blocked it. There was no notice to the recipient, but they did send a
bounce message to the sender:

<myaddress@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.133.27] said:
     552-5.7.0 Our system detected an illegal attachment on your
message. Please
     552-5.7.0 visit
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
     552 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. hb9si12910005icc.13 -
gsmtp (in
     reply to end of DATA command)

The second attempt was to an address with a different ISP, and it
arrived instantly. In this case, I saw what I described before -- the
link in the body and the "attachment" in the attachment pane. When I
tried to save the "attachment," the suggested filename changed to
"www.google.com-" with a hyphen instead of a slash, which may be due to
Windows file naming limitations. The "Save as type" setting was "all
files (*.*)." When I moused over the icon (I put it on my desktop), the
tooltip said inter alia "Type: COM- file," and when I tried to open it,
Windows told me it didn't know what to do with that file type. I'm sure
if I deleted the comma, it would've tried to process it as a command file.

Looking at the source code for that second message, I see:

--Boundary_(ID_07wHxNAFYRrRfC17l4Kqow)

<http://www.google.com/>

[my other sig deleted -- pbg]

--Boundary_(ID_07wHxNAFYRrRfC17l4Kqow)

[88,712 characters of ASCII alphabet soup]

--Boundary_(ID_07wHxNAFYRrRfC17l4Kqow)--

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
3/13/2013 5:01:57 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> ?

>>> Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu
>>> does.
>>>
>>> Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the
>>> page, and choose "Send Page."
>>>
>>> A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in
>>> the body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
>>> attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has
>>> nothing to do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.
>>
>> Paul, have you actually tried doing as you suggest above (i.e. send
>> yourself the link *and* the attachment)??
>>
>> With the link shown in the body, and the attachment show up in its
>> little window, I sent the e-mail to myself, and when received, the
>> attachment was shown below the line (i.e. show attachments in-line),
>> there was all this information that I had never seen before, e.g.
>>
>> Part Quote Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to
>> search.Learn more
>> </support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=186645&form=bb&hl=en-AU>
>> Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Press Enter to search.
>> Press Enter to search. Screen-reader users, click here to turn off
>> Google Instant.
>> </setprefs?prev=https://www.google.com.au/&sig=0_-CJNiLe2iQIW3Iyosa8pVoyNavw%3D&suggon=2>
>>

>> End part Quote
>>
>> Amazing what the code can hide!
>
> OK, yes, I did try, twice.
>
> The first attempt was to my gmail address, and sure enough, Google
> blocked it. There was no notice to the recipient, but they did send a
> bounce message to the sender:
>
> <myaddress@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.133.27] said:
>      552-5.7.0 Our system detected an illegal attachment on your
> message. Please
>      552-5.7.0 visit
> http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6590 to
>      552 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. hb9si12910005icc.13 -
> gsmtp (in
>      reply to end of DATA command)
>

> The second attempt was to an address with a different ISP, and it
> arrived instantly. In this case, I saw what I described before -- the
> link in the body and the "attachment" in the attachment pane. When I

<Snip>

Sorry, Paul, I meant that when you receive your sent e-mail into your
SeaMonkey, and you view it, you see the www.google.com in the browser
body *and* a www.google.com in the attachments screen, and then this
attachment is shown in-line, as that's how I have SM set up.

I did not have to save the attachment and then look at the saved file!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913
0
Daniel

Seamonkey 2.6 error message
I'm probably missing something simple here, but I'm having an annoying problem with Seamonkey issuing error messages and sometimes subsequently crashing. It tells me that it couldn't find nspr4.dll and then something about it probably being an incompatible browser. This occurs while using the browser (usually leading to a crash) or even when in e-mail/newsgroups, although that hasn't caused a crash yet. I initially thought it was a Flash related problem, so I installed Flashblock on one profile. Seamonkey crashed when I tried to do it on a second one. Any ...

Sending Email Messages Error #2
Hi All I have a simple application that sends emails which I got from http://delphi.about.com/od/indy/a/email-send-indy.htm This works fine on my pc when in Delphi XE2 environment and also when I run the .exe on my pc. When running the .exe on other pcs on the network (that have email and network capabilities) I get a error message:- "ERROR: Service not available Status: Disconnected. Status: Disconnecting. Status: Connected. Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.1. Status: Resolving hostname Serv-mail01.Serv.local." I've run as Admin and still the same error. ...

error message when sending email through gmail #2
i got the error message when i tried to send email through gmail:   The operation has timed out. The operation has timed out. this is my code:Dim mail As System.Net.Mail.MailMessage = New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage() mail.To.Add("aFriend@gmail.com")mail.Subject = "automatically sent email " mail.From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("myAccount@gmail.com") mail.Body = "If you receive this email, it means you don't need your own email server to send email through internet. You may use gmail server. This message has b...

Error generated when trying to create new email message #2
When creating a new mail message the following message is generated - Error: "Grpwise.exe has generated errors. It will be closed by windows." Groupwise is then closed. You can enter appointments without error. I uninstalled GW rebooted then uninstalled Windows NT Messaging and rebooted again. Then I reinstalled Windows Messaging, rebooted, then reinstalled GW local installation. The problem still exists. The computer is running Windows 2000 w/ all the current updates, Novell Client32, GW 5.5.4. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Ke...

superreview requested: [Bug 292101] emails have lost their correct message and have text from other messages, a few of the messages are now blank
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has asked Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 292101: emails have lost their correct message and have text from other messages, a few of the messages are now blank - correct messages were present before they arrived https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=292101 Attachment 182144: fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=182144&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> this fixes the problem for me. I'm still trying to track down the leaki...

superreview granted: [Bug 292101] emails have lost their correct message and have text from other messages, a few of the messages are now blank
Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> has granted David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 292101: emails have lost their correct message and have text from other messages, a few of the messages are now blank - correct messages were present before they arrived https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=292101 Attachment 182144: fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=182144&action=edit ...

Seamonkey 2.1/2.2 breaking Java plugin support on Centos 5 Linux?
I'm a long-time user of Seamonkey, from since it was called Mozilla. The recent 2.1 and 2.2 updates seem to have broken Java support on my Centos 5.5 box (32 bits) and I really can't figure this out. Seamonkey is installed in /usr/local. Starting from 2.1, the /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins directory is gone. As per the release notes, plugins are now managed on a per-user basis in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins So far, so good. I used to have a link in /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins pointing to /usr/local/jre1.6.0_12/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so (I install Sun's...

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

I'm getting message that Google Docs are not supported
Hi, I don't usually post, but I have been using Google Documents with all the recent versions of seamonkey with out an issue. Today I tried and Google gave me a message that my browser is not supported, I did just upgrade to the newest seamonkey. Thanks, I hope this can help. Rudra Acharya Swami Rudra Kali Das wrote: >I don't usually post, but > What would be good is if *before* posting you looked at the Subject lines of what was posted the last few days. news://news.mozilla.org:119/TtadnTTMlpCgZFvRnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@mozilla.org http://groups.google.com/group/m...

Error while sending email using ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 (Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2)
While trying to send email using<code> SmtpClient obj_SmtpClient = new SmtpClient(); obj_SmtpClient.Host = this.GetSmtpHost; obj_SmtpClient.Send(s_from, s_recipients, s_subject, s_body);</code>I get the error message:Failure sending mail. Unable to connect to the remote server An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure...

Custom Error Message in DNN 2.1.2?
Hi, I get these server errors from time to time on my website because of something the server has done (and most recently I think maybe from a problem with the scheduler). At any rate, my users see the nasty error page. I'm wondering how to put up a HTML page with a nicer message. I know it has something to do with the web.config and I've tried to tinker with it but can't get it to work. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks much. It would help if you could post something about what the error message says. It's hard to determine what to change if we don't know what's going on.Kirk ...

Seamonkey 2.2 illegal instruction error after upgrading
I was running Seamonkey on Debian Squeeze When I upgrade seamonkey to the next version on the Debian Squeeze it did not restart so I run it from the command line I get illegal instruction error. I did download it and ran it from the commmand line I get the same illegal instruction error But on the Debian testing computer it upgraded with no problems running seamonkey 2.2 Just wanted to know what my problem is with Seamonkey 2.2 on the Debian Squeeze computer How do i fix this Johnny ...

particular email message changes message pane headers #2
Posted this a week ago and did get any responses. Does this sound like normal behavior for TB? Will a particular email message change the headers in the message pane? TB 2.0.0.6 Very strange. I received an email, and after I read it I noticed that my message pane header info was only set for Subject, Junk status, Sender and Date. The little box to the right wasn't showing either (to add or remove header details). I started getting a bit freaked but then accidentally clicked on the email below it and everything returned to normal! All other email in the window shows th...

2.1.2
I recently moved three of my working DNN sites to a new server.  I discovered that after the move..NONE of my emails from the DNN sites work.  I get this error when I try to send an email through the bulk email feature:  ErrorCode: -2147467259Message: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.InnerException: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040220): The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtim...

Web resources about - Email error message #2 - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Christmas messages for 2015 by WA’s church leaders
WHEN we think about Christmas we tend to think of words like ‘merry’, ‘happy’ and ‘festive’. The word ‘edgy’ doesn’t usually come to mind.

Walmart Crushes Holiday Video Views, but One Bona Fide Spiritual Message Gets Through Too
What goes viral during the holidays? A compilation of the most popular holiday-themed videos on social media according to Visible Measures includes ...

All LA schools shut down over message sent from 8chan’s e-mail host, cock.li
(credit: Ken Conley ) The " credible " threat that caused the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to close all schools on Tuesday was ...

How to respond to text messages without touching your iPhone or Android phone
Whether you're driving a car, washing the dishes or simply too lazy to pick up your phone and type, there are times when you'd prefer to listen ...

Hillary Clinton's message to Donald Trump supporters
The Democratic candidate filmed a message for a supporter's father, who backs Trump

Brazil court orders phone companies to block WhatsApp message app
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 16- A Brazilian court on Wednesday ordered telecommunications providers to block all access to the WhatsApp phone-messaging ...

President Obama calls again for tech help to spot terrorist messages
On Friday, President Obama repeated the need to bring high-tech leaders together with law enforcement and intelligence officials to better spot ...

Khloe Kardashian Shares Sweet Message to Her 'One and Only' Rob Kardashian: 'I'll Forever Be Obsessed ...
Khloe Kardashian Shares Sweet Message to Her 'One and Only' Rob Kardashian: 'I'll Forever Be Obsessed With You'

Abby Wambach's Farewell Message: 'Forget Me'
The world's all-time leading goal scorer wants the game to move on without her.