Default print settings? #2

For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.

Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.

Thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
1/2/2020 2:44:40 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13325 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 1/2/20 3:44 PM:
> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings. Margins
> are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.
>
> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>
> Thanks.

Dear Paul,
If you are using Linux then copy the $HOME/.mozilla directory from you backup
disk. Something like that can be done with *windows10* and *windows7*

--
Gérard Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
1/2/2020 2:51:26 PM
On 1/2/20 9:44 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.
>
> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>
> Thanks.

Select File > Page Setup from the Menu bar and set the printer there.

Then when you go to print something you get a "Print" dialog window with
other options you can select.

That's the way it works in my SeaMonkey.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/2/2020 3:19:16 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 1/2/20 9:44 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to
>> blank.
>>
>> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Select File > Page Setup from the Menu bar and set the printer there.
>
> Then when you go to print something you get a "Print" dialog window with
> other options you can select.
>
> That's the way it works in my SeaMonkey.

I know how to set the values, but I don't remember what the defaults
are. I can make something up, of course, but I'd like to start with the
defaults.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
1/2/2020 3:21:58 PM
On 1/2/20 10:21 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 1/2/20 9:44 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>>> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to
>>> blank.
>>>
>>> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Select File > Page Setup from the Menu bar and set the printer there.
>>
>> Then when you go to print something you get a "Print" dialog window
>> with other options you can select.
>>
>> That's the way it works in my SeaMonkey.
>
> I know how to set the values, but I don't remember what the defaults
> are. I can make something up, of course, but I'd like to start with the
> defaults.

Since I never have printed from SeaMonkey, these are the defaults for my
setup.

Page Setup tab.

Paper size: US Letter
Orientation: Portrait

Options tab.

<https://imgur.com/PJHqiYc>

I use an old

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/2/2020 3:33:53 PM
On 1/2/20 10:21 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 1/2/20 9:44 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>>> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to
>>> blank.
>>>
>>> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Select File > Page Setup from the Menu bar and set the printer there.
>>
>> Then when you go to print something you get a "Print" dialog window
>> with other options you can select.
>>
>> That's the way it works in my SeaMonkey.
>
> I know how to set the values, but I don't remember what the defaults
> are. I can make something up, of course, but I'd like to start with the
> defaults.

Oops!

I use an old Brother HL-2040 laser printer.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/2/2020 3:35:21 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.
>
> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>
> Thanks.

Don't know what the defaults are but I have my margins set at 0.5"
all around, shrink to fit, all headers and footers set to blank.

0
Paul
1/2/2020 3:46:50 PM
WaltS48 wrote:

> Since I never have printed from SeaMonkey, these are the defaults for my
> setup.
>
> Page Setup tab.
>
> Paper size: US Letter
> Orientation: Portrait
>
> Options tab.
>
> <https://imgur.com/PJHqiYc>

Got the headers and footers, thanks.

Margins?

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
1/2/2020 4:18:55 PM
Paul B. Gallagher:

>For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.
>
>Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.

Search the greprefs.js for print (or margin). This file is located in
omni.ja which is sort of a zip file.

There are other nice prefs including comments in the dir defaults. :)

Hartmut
0
Hartmut
1/2/2020 4:58:10 PM
On 1/2/20 11:18 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> Since I never have printed from SeaMonkey, these are the defaults for
>> my setup.
>>
>> Page Setup tab.
>>
>> Paper size: US Letter
>> Orientation: Portrait
>>
>> Options tab.
>>
>> <https://imgur.com/PJHqiYc>
>
> Got the headers and footers, thanks.
>
> Margins?

I didn't think there was a setting for those, but found it under File >
Page Setup.

Clicked US Letter in Paper size and selected "Manage Custom Sizes" from
the selections in the drop-down list.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/2/2020 5:27:11 PM
Hartmut Figge wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher:
>
>> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to blank.
>>
>> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>
> Search the greprefs.js for print (or margin). This file is located in
> omni.ja which is sort of a zip file.
>
> There are other nice prefs including comments in the dir defaults. :)

Values are all "-1," seems to say "use the system default margins."
Right? But my printer properties say nothing about margins.

Thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
1/2/2020 5:49:35 PM
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> For no reason I can think of, SM has wiped out all my print settings.
>> Margins are zero all around, and headers and footers are all set to
>> blank.
>>
>> Can someone remind me of the default values? There's no "reset" button.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Don't know what the defaults are but I have my margins set at 0.5"
> all around, shrink to fit, all headers and footers set to blank.

I think I'll try a half-inch all around, seems reasonable.

Thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul