Created New Profile & Full Add-on Manager Not Displaying W10 Pro/SM 2.494

Hello all - I created new profiles after previous ones got corrupted in
SM 2.49.4.

Each time I try to access Add-On Manger, while the page appears, I
cannot access "Get Add-ons" page only the display "What are Add-ons?".

I can see and access Extensions,Appearance and Plugins.

Any ideas or suggestions?

TIA - bo1953
0
boNO1953
4/2/2019 10:53:48 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13101 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 4/2/19 6:53 PM, boNO1953@gNOmail.com wrote:
> Hello all - I created new profiles after previous ones got corrupted in
> SM 2.49.4.
>
> Each time I try to access Add-On Manger, while the page appears, I
> cannot access "Get Add-ons" page only the display "What are Add-ons?".
>
> I can see and access Extensions,Appearance and Plugins.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> TIA - bo1953

That is the "Get Add-ons" page.

Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up &
Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of the page.

You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

WaltS48
4/3/2019 2:39:08 AM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 4/2/19 6:53 PM, boNO1953@gNOmail.com wrote:
>> Hello all - I created new profiles after previous ones got corrupted in SM 2.49.4.
>>
>> Each time I try to access Add-On Manger, while the page appears, I cannot access "Get Add-ons" page only the display "What are Add-ons?".
>>
>> I can see and access Extensions,Appearance and Plugins.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>> TIA - bo1953
>
> That is the "Get Add-ons" page.
>
> Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up & Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of the page.
>
> You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?

I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a grey box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of add-ons, and a note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when you're connected to the internet'

(This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent occurrence.)
0
Bill
4/3/2019 12:38:50 PM
Bill Spikowski wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 4/2/19 6:53 PM, boNO1953@gNOmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello all - I created new profiles after previous ones got corrupted
>>> in SM 2.49.4.
>>>
>>> Each time I try to access Add-On Manger, while the page appears, I
>>> cannot access "Get Add-ons" page only the display "What are Add-ons?".
>>>
>>> I can see and access Extensions,Appearance and Plugins.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or suggestions?
>>>
>>> TIA - bo1953
>>
>> That is the "Get Add-ons" page.
>>
>> Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up &
>> Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of the
>> page.
>>
>> You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?
>

> I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a
> grey box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of
> add-ons, and a note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when
> you're connected to the internet'
>
> (This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent
> occurrence.)

If you click "Browse all add-ons" at the lower right, you get this page:
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/>

The default subset is "Featured," many of which are grayed out (not
compatible with SM), but you can also choose "Most Users," "Top-Rated,"
"Newest," or pull down "More" for more options.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
4/3/2019 12:51:54 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Bill Spikowski wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> That is the "Get Add-ons" page.
>>>
>>> Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up & Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of the page.
>>>
>>> You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?
>>

>> I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a grey box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of add-ons, and a note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when you're connected to the internet'
>>
>> (This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent occurrence.)
>
> If you click "Browse all add-ons" at the lower right, you get this page:
> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/>
>
> The default subset is "Featured," many of which are grayed out (not compatible with SM), but you can also choose "Most Users," "Top-Rated," "Newest," or pull down "More" for more options.

That's the page I always used to reach -- but now there's nothing on my screen to click to reach it.

Thanks for the direct link -- I'll bookmark it and use it when I'm looking for add-ons!

0
Bill
4/3/2019 1:05:42 PM
Mozilla probably killed the redirections to thunderbird.net. Should not occur
in 2.53+ and looks like I need to backport the new urls it 2.49.5.

FRG

Bill Spikowski wrote:
> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Bill Spikowski wrote:

>>> I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a grey
>>> box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of add-ons, and a
>>> note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when you're connected to
>>> the internet'
>>>
>>> (This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent
>>> occurrence.)
>>
>> If you click "Browse all add-ons" at the lower right, you get this page:
>> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/>
>>
>> The default subset is "Featured," many of which are grayed out (not
>> compatible with SM), but you can also choose "Most Users," "Top-Rated,"
>> "Newest," or pull down "More" for more options.
>

> That's the page I always used to reach -- but now there's nothing on my screen
> to click to reach it.
>
> Thanks for the direct link -- I'll bookmark it and use it when I'm looking for
> add-ons!

0
Frank
4/3/2019 1:32:46 PM
On 4/3/19 8:38 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 4/2/19 6:53 PM, boNO1953@gNOmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello all - I created new profiles after previous ones got corrupted
>>> in SM 2.49.4.
>>>
>>> Each time I try to access Add-On Manger, while the page appears, I
>>> cannot access "Get Add-ons" page only the display "What are Add-ons?".
>>>
>>> I can see and access Extensions,Appearance and Plugins.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or suggestions?
>>>
>>> TIA - bo1953
>>
>> That is the "Get Add-ons" page.
>>
>> Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up &
>> Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of the
>> page.
>>
>> You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?
>

> I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a
> grey box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of
> add-ons, and a note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when
> you're connected to the internet'
>
> (This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent
> occurrence.)

Here is what I see with a clean test profile. Which actually isn't any
different from my production profile.

<https://imgur.com/GnqpsKo>

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

WaltS48
4/3/2019 2:02:11 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 4/3/19 8:38 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> That is the "Get Add-ons" page.
>>>
>>> Mine has one extension listed under "Featured Add-ons", with "Up &
>>> Coming" and "More ways to customize" sections on the right side of
>>> the page.
>>>
>>> You don't have that on your "Get Add-ons" page?
>>

>> I have this same problem -- all I get on the "Get Add-ons" page is a
>> grey box titled "What are Add-ons?" with a simple explanation of
>> add-ons, and a note that this pane will feature popular add-ons 'when
>> you're connected to the internet'
>>
>> (This has been a problem for me for quite some time -- not a recent
>> occurrence.)
>
> Here is what I see with a clean test profile. Which actually isn't any
> different from my production profile.
>
> <https://imgur.com/GnqpsKo>

Yes, that screen shot is what I was expecting, alas did not happen.

TIA - bo1953
0
boNO1953