Copied SM v2.49.4's places.sqlite to Firefox v66 still shows very old histories I deleted.

In my SM, I manually delete everything after a month (e.g., today is
4/12/2019 so I manually delete everything older than 3/12/2019 in my
history (^H)). After I copy my SM's place.sqlite file to Firefox's
profile, I noticed its history still shows older entries. Why aren't
these deleted? I think this is cauisng my places.sqlite file to keep
growing bigger slowly. :(

Does anyone know what's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully
answering. :)
--
"Don't stop to stomp ants when the elephants are stampeding." --unknown
this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
4/12/2019 6:46:21 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13097 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Ant wrote:
> In my SM, I manually delete everything after a month (e.g., today is
> 4/12/2019 so I manually delete everything older than 3/12/2019 in my
> history (^H)). After I copy my SM's place.sqlite file to Firefox's
> profile, I noticed its history still shows older entries. Why aren't
> these deleted? I think this is cauisng my places.sqlite file to keep
> growing bigger slowly. :(
>
> Does anyone know what's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully
> answering. :)
Do need to compact the file first, before installing it in FireFox

0
rodney
4/12/2019 7:35:13 PM
Unless you do it with sql directly in the database it will no longer work. The
apis to delete by date have been taken out of Gecko. There is a bug open to
restore this for SeaMonkey but no real takers yet. 2.49.x has some real
problems here and your whole history might be junked so be careful.

FRG

rodney wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> In my SM, I manually delete everything after a month (e.g., today is
>> 4/12/2019 so I manually delete everything older than 3/12/2019 in my history
>> (^H)). After I copy my SM's place.sqlite file to Firefox's profile, I
>> noticed its history still shows older entries. Why aren't these deleted? I
>> think this is cauisng my places.sqlite file to keep growing bigger slowly. :(
>>
>> Does anyone know what's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
> Do need to compact the file first, before installing it in FireFox

0
Frank
4/12/2019 9:01:57 PM
Like SpeedyFox (https://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox)? If so, then it
didn't fix the issue. :(

On 4/12/2019 2:01 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Unless you do it with sql directly in the database it will no longer
> work. The apis to delete by date have been taken out of Gecko. There is
> a bug open to restore this for SeaMonkey but no real takers yet. 2.49.x
> has some real problems here and your whole history might be junked so be
> careful.
>
> FRG
>
> rodney wrote:
>> Do need to compact the file first, before installing it in FireFox--
"It's them!... Not THEM, the giant ants?!" --Girl and Crow