Constantly Waiting 2.46

There are times when the cursor turns to an hour glass and the status bar
shows the stripe of green like it is loading a message or something similar,
but nothing appears to be going on.  The status line will read
"news.mozilla.org: There are no messages on the server".

Any ideas or is this another of the many Seamonkey bugs we live with?

--

Rick C
0

rickman wrote on 8/12/2017 4:24 PM:
> There are times when the cursor turns to an hour glass and the status bar
> shows the stripe of green like it is loading a message or something similar,
> but nothing appears to be going on.  The status line will read
> "news.mozilla.org: There are no messages on the server".
>
> Any ideas or is this another of the many Seamonkey bugs we live with?

I forgot to mention that the only way to end this problem is to kill the
program and restart it.  Then it doesn't happen for a while.

--

Rick C
0
rickman wrote:
> rickman wrote on 8/12/2017 4:24 PM:
>> There are times when the cursor turns to an hour glass and the
>> status bar shows the stripe of green like it is loading a message
>> or something similar, but nothing appears to be going on.  The
>> status line will read "news.mozilla.org: There are no messages on
>> the server".
>>
>> Any ideas or is this another of the many Seamonkey bugs we live
>> with?
>
> I forgot to mention that the only way to end this problem is to kill
> the program and restart it.  Then it doesn't happen for a while.

I'm getting this, too, usually if SM gets messages in background while
running mlb gameday. CPU sticks at 25% (I have four processors, so it
seems to be maxing one of them out), and RAM is two or three gigs, far
more than usual. The screen pales, and the spinning ring persists for
five or ten minutes or until I give up and force a shutdown.

After I force it to close, the first thing I do on restart is clear
private data, including cache and cookies. Then I do a normal program
shutdown and restart, and it's good for awhile, until I have another
game to "watch."

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
8/13/2017 1:09:03 AM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 8/12/2017 9:09 PM:
> rickman wrote:
>> rickman wrote on 8/12/2017 4:24 PM:
>>> There are times when the cursor turns to an hour glass and the
>>> status bar shows the stripe of green like it is loading a message
>>> or something similar, but nothing appears to be going on.  The
>>> status line will read "news.mozilla.org: There are no messages on
>>> the server".
>>>
>>> Any ideas or is this another of the many Seamonkey bugs we live
>>> with?
>>
>> I forgot to mention that the only way to end this problem is to kill
>> the program and restart it.  Then it doesn't happen for a while.
>
> I'm getting this, too, usually if SM gets messages in background while
> running mlb gameday. CPU sticks at 25% (I have four processors, so it seems
> to be maxing one of them out), and RAM is two or three gigs, far more than
> usual. The screen pales, and the spinning ring persists for five or ten
> minutes or until I give up and force a shutdown.
>
> After I force it to close, the first thing I do on restart is clear private
> data, including cache and cookies. Then I do a normal program shutdown and
> restart, and it's good for awhile, until I have another game to "watch."

Not quite the same for me.  I don't see any undue CPU, memory or disk
usages.  The program continues to function (well, as good as it ever does).
It just won't get rid of the hourglass.  This time it started not long after
I restarted the program.

The hourglass goes away over the titlebar or in the composition window.  I
also don't see it in the browser window, just the mail/newsgroups window.
Also, every once in a while it will go away, but as soon as I move the mouse
it returns.

--

Rick C
0