Changing date format in SeaMonkey 2.53.1

Hi,

on Linux I was used to setting the date format for emails to ISO
YYYY-MM-DD by setting LANG=en_DK (see
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Change_the_Date_Format).

This worked up to SM 2.49.5 but no more in 2.53.1. Instead the date is
now displayed as DD/MM/YYYY. How would I get back to ISO?
0
mike
3/17/2020 4:41:15 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13410 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Linux I was used to setting the date format for emails to ISO
> YYYY-MM-DD by setting LANG=en_DK (see
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Change_the_Date_Format).
>
> This worked up to SM 2.49.5 but no more in 2.53.1. Instead the date is
> now displayed as DD/MM/YYYY. How would I get back to ISO?

Preferences->Appearance->Date and Time Formatting
0
Frank
3/17/2020 5:27:56 PM
On 17.03.2020 18:27, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Preferences->Appearance->Date and Time Formatting

That only allows to switch between "Application locale: English (United
States)" and "Regional settings locale: English (Denmark)". I selected
the latter but to no avail. Also tried LC_ALL instead of LC_TIME but
nothing changed. In the shell it works:

$ LC_ALL=en_DK date +%x
2020-03-17
0
mike
3/17/2020 7:43:08 PM
mike wrote:
> On 17.03.2020 18:27, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> Preferences->Appearance->Date and Time Formatting
>
> That only allows to switch between "Application locale: English (United
> States)" and "Regional settings locale: English (Denmark)". I selected
> the latter but to no avail. Also tried LC_ALL instead of LC_TIME but
> nothing changed. In the shell it works:
>
> $ LC_ALL=en_DK date +%x
> 2020-03-17

Then you are out of luck. Locale options changed in Firefox 54. We ported
everything we found from later releaaes. Was quite broken till around 59. If
it works in a recent Firefox or Thunderbird let me know and I will dig deeper
if there are later changes available.

FRG
0
Frank
3/17/2020 8:13:49 PM
mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Linux I was used to setting the date format for emails to ISO
> YYYY-MM-DD by setting LANG=en_DK (see
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Change_the_Date_Format).
>
> This worked up to SM 2.49.5 but no more in 2.53.1. Instead the date is
> now displayed as DD/MM/YYYY. How would I get back to ISO?

Set that up in the Control Panel?  That was the way I used to do that
when I was using Windows.

0
EE