change the font size in tabs

I want to change the font size in tabs.

Is it something to be put in userchrome.css?

Thanks.
0
AK
6/25/2020 7:47:04 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13525 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 6/25/20 3:47 PM, AK wrote:
> I want to change the font size in tabs.
>
> Is it something to be put in userchrome.css?
>
> Thanks.

Isn't that in the userChrome-example.css file found in the profile folder?

/*
  * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
  */
/*
  * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
  *
  * * {
  *   font-size: 20pt !important
  * }
  */
/*
  * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
  *
  * menupopup > * {
  *   font-size: 15pt !important
  * }
  */
0
WaltS48
6/25/2020 7:54:07 PM
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 2:54:13 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/25/20 3:47 PM, AK wrote:
> > I want to change the font size in tabs.
> >
> > Is it something to be put in userchrome.css?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Isn't that in the userChrome-example.css file found in the profile folder?
>
> /*
>   * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
>   */
> /*
>   * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
>   *
>   * * {
>   *   font-size: 20pt !important
>   * }
>   */
> /*
>   * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
>   *
>   * menupopup > * {
>   *   font-size: 15pt !important
>   * }
>   */

I did not state my desire completely.

This should help.

https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
0
AK
6/25/2020 8:57:02 PM
On 6/25/20, AK <scientist77017@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 2:54:13 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/25/20 3:47 PM, AK wrote:
>> > I want to change the font size in tabs.
>> >
>> > Is it something to be put in userchrome.css?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> Isn't that in the userChrome-example.css file found in the profile
>> folder?
>>
>> /*
>>   * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
>>   */
>> /*
>>   * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
>>   *
>>   * * {
>>   *   font-size: 20pt !important
>>   * }
>>   */
>> /*
>>   * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
>>   *
>>   * menupopup > * {
>>   *   font-size: 15pt !important
>>   * }
>>   */
>
> I did not state my desire completely.
>
> This should help.
>
> https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG

maybe this
..tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}
0
Lee
6/25/2020 10:45:11 PM
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 5:45:21 PM UTC-5, Lee wrote:
> On 6/25/20, AK <scientist77017@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Isn't that in the userChrome-example.css file found in the profile
> >> folder?
> >>
> >> /*
> >>   * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
> >>   */
> >> /*
> >>   * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
> >>   *
> >>   * * {
> >>   *   font-size: 20pt !important
> >>   * }
> >>   */
> >> /*
> >>   * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
> >>   *
> >>   * menupopup > * {
> >>   *   font-size: 15pt !important
> >>   * }
> >>   */
> >
> > I did not state my desire completely.
> >
> > This should help.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
>
> maybe this
> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}

Thanks.

It did not help.

Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.

As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.

Firefox can have more tabs open.
0
AK
6/25/2020 11:33:44 PM
AK wrote:
> On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 5:45:21 PM UTC-5, Lee wrote:

>>> I did not state my desire completely.
>>>
>>> This should help.
>>>
>>> https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
>>
>> maybe this
>> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}
>
> Thanks.
>
> It did not help.
>
> Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.
>
> As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.
>
> Firefox can have more tabs open.

Well, maybe you need to tell us what version of SeaMonkey you are using
and on what operating system.

Right now I have 12 tabs open and if I add another the overflow < >
appear at each end of the tab bar.

Added a few more and now have 25 and can keep going.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
SeaMonkey/2.53.2 Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.
0
WaltS48
6/26/2020 12:45:55 AM
AK wrote:
> On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 5:45:21 PM UTC-5, Lee wrote:

>>> I did not state my desire completely.
>>>
>>> This should help.
>>>
>>> https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
>>
>> maybe this
>> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}
>
> Thanks.
>
> It did not help.
>
> Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.
>
> As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.
>
> Firefox can have more tabs open.

Opps, sorry!

When I went to close the tabs it was actually 32 tabs and I was asked if
I wanted to close 31 tabs.
0
WaltS48
6/26/2020 12:48:17 AM
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:46:02 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
> AK wrote:

> >> maybe this
> >> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > It did not help.
> >
> > Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.
> >
> > As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.
> >
> > Firefox can have more tabs open.
> >

> Well, maybe you need to tell us what version of SeaMonkey you are using
> and on what operating system.
>
> Right now I have 12 tabs open and if I add another the overflow < >
> appear at each end of the tab bar.
>
> Added a few more and now have 25 and can keep going.
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
> SeaMonkey/2.53.2 Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

Thanks.

SeaMonkey 2.53.2

Ubuntu Mate 18.04

Andy
0
AK
6/26/2020 3:08:02 AM
On 6/25/20, AK <scientist77017@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:46:02 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
>> AK wrote:

>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > It did not help.
>> >
>> > Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.
>> >
>> > As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.
>> >
>> > Firefox can have more tabs open.
>> >

>> Well, maybe you need to tell us what version of SeaMonkey you are using
>> and on what operating system.
>>
>> Right now I have 12 tabs open and if I add another the overflow < >
>> appear at each end of the tab bar.
>>
>> Added a few more and now have 25 and can keep going.
>>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
>> SeaMonkey/2.53.2 Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.
>
> Thanks.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.53.2
>
> Ubuntu Mate 18.04

If you want the tabs to _start out_ smaller, in  about:config
  browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth
is the initial size of a tab.
Note that it doesn't take effect until rstarting SeaMonkey.

I didn't mess with browser.tabs.tabClipWidth or
browser.tabs.tabMinWidth because I'm happy with my userchrome.css
..tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}

>> > As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.

What happens when you have 5 tabs open and try to open another tab?

Have you tried a new profile?

Lee
0
Lee
6/26/2020 4:12:34 PM
Lee wrote:
> On 6/25/20, AK <scientist77017@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Isn't that in the userChrome-example.css file found in the profile
>>> folder?
>>>
>>> /*
>>>    * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
>>>    */
>>> /*
>>>    * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
>>>    *
>>>    * * {
>>>    *   font-size: 20pt !important
>>>    * }
>>>    */
>>> /*
>>>    * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
>>>    *
>>>    * menupopup > * {
>>>    *   font-size: 15pt !important
>>>    * }
>>>    */
>>
>> I did not state my desire completely.
>>
>> This should help.
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
>
> maybe this
> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}

Setting the width of the tab will not change the font.  Using that
element with the font-zize setting would do it.

0
EE
6/26/2020 6:03:00 PM
AK wrote:
> On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 5:45:21 PM UTC-5, Lee wrote:

>>> I did not state my desire completely.
>>>
>>> This should help.
>>>
>>> https://imgur.com/a/1cTCLrG
>>
>> maybe this
>> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}
>
> Thanks.
>
> It did not help.
>
> Just so I am clear, I am looking to reduce the width of tabs.
>
> As of now, I can not have more than 5 tabs open.
>
> Firefox can have more tabs open.

These are the settings I have in about:config:

browser.tabs.tabClipWidth = 60
browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth = 320
browser.tabs.tabMinWidth = 16

I do not have any such limitation in the number of tabs I can have open.

0
EE
6/26/2020 6:11:36 PM
On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 11:12:44 AM UTC-5, Lee wrote:
> On 6/25/20, AK <scientist77017@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, maybe you need to tell us what version of SeaMonkey you are using
> >> and on what operating system.
> >>
> >> Right now I have 12 tabs open and if I add another the overflow < >
> >> appear at each end of the tab bar.
> >>
> >> Added a few more and now have 25 and can keep going.
> >>
> >> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
> >> SeaMonkey/2.53.2 Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > SeaMonkey 2.53.2
> >
> > Ubuntu Mate 18.04
>
> If you want the tabs to _start out_ smaller, in  about:config
>   browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth
> is the initial size of a tab.
> Note that it doesn't take effect until rstarting SeaMonkey.
>
> I didn't mess with browser.tabs.tabClipWidth or
> browser.tabs.tabMinWidth because I'm happy with my userchrome.css
> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}

> What happens when you have 5 tabs open and try to open another tab?
>
> Have you tried a new profile?
>
> Lee

Thanks so much.

browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth = 150 gave me room for 9 tabs.

Andy
0
AK
6/27/2020 6:46:54 AM
On 6/27/20 2:46 AM, AK wrote:
> On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 11:12:44 AM UTC-5, Lee wrote:

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> SeaMonkey 2.53.2
>>>
>>> Ubuntu Mate 18.04
>>
>> If you want the tabs to _start out_ smaller, in  about:config
>>    browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth
>> is the initial size of a tab.
>> Note that it doesn't take effect until rstarting SeaMonkey.
>>
>> I didn't mess with browser.tabs.tabClipWidth or
>> browser.tabs.tabMinWidth because I'm happy with my userchrome.css
>> .tabbrowser-tab {min-width: 3em !important}

>> What happens when you have 5 tabs open and try to open another tab?
>>
>> Have you tried a new profile?
>>
>> Lee
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth = 150 gave me room for 9 tabs.
>
> Andy

Why only nine?

I had 32 before I stopped adding tabs.

You don't want to use the overflow arrows on the ends of the tab bar?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Right.

But I never use more than 4 or 5 tabs.

Andy