cannot access microsoft office website

If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running version 
2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem with Firefox.

Is there a solution to this problem?
0
Norman
4/11/2019 6:03:32 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13151 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

15 Replies
71 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running version 
> 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem with Firefox.
> 
> Is there a solution to this problem?

Not completely blank here.

Have you tried safe mode?

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>

-- 
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

0
WaltS48
4/11/2019 6:15:47 PM
WaltS48 wrote:

> On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running 
>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem 
>> with Firefox.
>>
>> Is there a solution to this problem?
> 
> Not completely blank here.
> 
> Have you tried safe mode?
> 
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>

Nor here on 2.49.4. Most likely disabled javascript or bad add-on, 
something like that. If it's only SM, it couldn't be a firewall or 
anything systemic.

-- 
War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
--
Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
4/11/2019 6:24:17 PM
On 4/11/2019 11:24 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
> 
>> On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
>>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.� I am running 
>>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.� I have no such problem 
>>> with Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is there a solution to this problem?
>>
>> Not completely blank here.
>>
>> Have you tried safe mode?
>>
>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>
> 
> Nor here on 2.49.4. Most likely disabled javascript or bad add-on, 
> something like that. If it's only SM, it couldn't be a firewall or 
> anything systemic.
> 

Same result in safe mode.  How do I check on javascript?
0
Norman
4/11/2019 6:50:23 PM
On 4/11/19, Paul B. Gallagher <paulbg@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at
>>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running
>>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem
>>> with Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is there a solution to this problem?
>>
>> Not completely blank here.
>>
>> Have you tried safe mode?
>>
>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>
>
> Nor here on 2.49.4. Most likely disabled javascript or bad add-on,
> something like that. If it's only SM, it couldn't be a firewall or
> anything systemic.

Unless it's a work PC, in which case the desktop admins might have
added something to firefox that's required for logging into office.com
eg - I had a
user_pref("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "long list of
local urls");
in my work PC firefox prefs that a) I didn't add & b) have no idea
what it does but I'm guessing it had something to do with "single
signon"

So if the OP has anything like that in FF I'd try copying that pref to SM

Lee
0
Lee
4/11/2019 7:07:53 PM
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 04/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:rqadnRFvb6ToHDLBnZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@mozilla.org">If I enter
      the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0">https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0</a>
      <br>
      but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running
      version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem
      with Firefox.
      <br>
      <br>
      Is there a solution to this problem?
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <font size="+1"><font face="Times New Roman">If I access it using
        SeaMonkey with only SeaMonkey in the UserAgent string I get a
        blank page.<br>
        If I change the UserAgent to anything else it displays
        correctly.<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="166">-- 
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed</pre>
  </body>
</html>
0
UTF
4/11/2019 7:12:30 PM
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> On 04/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running 
>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem 
>> with Firefox.
>>
>> Is there a solution to this problem?
> If I access it using SeaMonkey with only SeaMonkey in the UserAgent 
> string I get a blank page.
> If I change the UserAgent to anything else it displays correctly.
> 
> -- 
> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>   testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

I cleared cache and cookies, and accessed the site normally without 
difficulty.

Then I toggled "Advertise Firefox compatibility," cleared cache and 
cookies, and accessed the site normally without difficulty.

Then I toggled "Advertise Firefox compatibility" back to normal, cleared 
cache and cookies, and accessed the site normally without difficulty.

-- 
War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
--
Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
4/11/2019 8:10:00 PM
Norman Fuchs wrote:
> On 4/11/2019 11:24 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land 
>>>> at https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>>>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running 
>>>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem 
>>>> with Firefox.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a solution to this problem?
>>>
>>> Not completely blank here.
>>>
>>> Have you tried safe mode?
>>>
>>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>
>>
>> Nor here on 2.49.4. Most likely disabled javascript or bad add-on, 
>> something like that. If it's only SM, it couldn't be a firewall or 
>> anything systemic.
>>
> 
> Same result in safe mode.  How do I check on javascript?

Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Scripts & Plugins:
Enable JavaScript for:
[x] Browser

-- 
War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
--
Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
4/11/2019 8:11:25 PM
On 4/11/2019 12:12 PM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> On 04/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running 
>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem 
>> with Firefox.
>>
>> Is there a solution to this problem?
> If I access it using SeaMonkey with only SeaMonkey in the UserAgent 
> string I get a blank page.
> If I change the UserAgent to anything else it displays correctly.
> 
> -- 
> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>   testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed
> 
I've tried changing UserAgent to FF 58 and to IE 11, all without any 
difference from using Real UA.
0
Norman
4/11/2019 8:28:25 PM
On 4/11/2019 1:10 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
>> On 04/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at 
>>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running 
>>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem 
>>> with Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is there a solution to this problem?
>> If I access it using SeaMonkey with only SeaMonkey in the UserAgent 
>> string I get a blank page.
>> If I change the UserAgent to anything else it displays correctly.
>>
>> -- 
>> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>>   testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed
> 
> I cleared cache and cookies, and accessed the site normally without 
> difficulty.
> 
> Then I toggled "Advertise Firefox compatibility," cleared cache and 
> cookies, and accessed the site normally without difficulty.
> 
> Then I toggled "Advertise Firefox compatibility" back to normal, cleared 
> cache and cookies, and accessed the site normally without difficulty.
> 
Ahhhh.  I had cookies blocked, I just discovered.  Thanks for everything!
0
Norman
4/11/2019 8:33:10 PM
Lee wrote:
> On 4/11/19, Paul B. Gallagher <paulbg@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/11/19 2:03 PM, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>>> If I enter the URL portal.office.com, after a few redirects I land at
>>>> https://www.office.com/?trysignin=0
>>>> but the display on SeaMonkey is completely blank.  I am running
>>>> version 2.49.4, the most recent one AFAIK.  I have no such problem
>>>> with Firefox.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a solution to this problem?
>>>
>>> Not completely blank here.
>>>
>>> Have you tried safe mode?
>>>
>>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode>
>>
>> Nor here on 2.49.4. Most likely disabled javascript or bad add-on,
>> something like that. If it's only SM, it couldn't be a firewall or
>> anything systemic.
> 
> Unless it's a work PC, in which case the desktop admins might have
> added something to firefox that's required for logging into office.com
> eg - I had a
> user_pref("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "long list of
> local urls");
> in my work PC firefox prefs that a) I didn't add & b) have no idea
> what it does but I'm guessing it had something to do with "single
> signon"
> 
> So if the OP has anything like that in FF I'd try copying that pref to SM
> 
> Lee
> 
I can imagine that for local urls (those within the company you were 
working for) but not exactly for www.office.com, especially considering 
other people here have no problems with the site.


-- 
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
Don
4/13/2019 11:13:15 AM
On 11.04.2019 20:50, Norman Fuchs wrote:
> Same result in safe mode.  How do I check on javascript?


Hi Norman,

please also try newly created User Profile (via 'Tools -> Switch User 
Profile'). I know several bad effects which stay with Safe Mode, but 
disappear with other User Profile.

CU

Rainer
0
Rainer
4/13/2019 11:29:40 AM
On 11.04.2019 22:33, Norman Fuchs wrote:
> Ahhhh.  I had cookies blocked


That means "problem solved"?
0
Rainer
4/13/2019 11:31:00 AM
On 4/13/2019 4:31 AM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> On 11.04.2019 22:33, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>> Ahhhh.��I�had�cookies�blocked
> 
> 
> That means "problem solved"?
Yes, indeed.
0
Norman
4/14/2019 8:09:22 PM
Norman Fuchs wrote:
> On 4/13/2019 4:31 AM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
>> On 11.04.2019 22:33, Norman Fuchs wrote:
>>> Ahhhh.  I had cookies blocked
>>
>>
>> That means "problem solved"?
> Yes, indeed.

how do you block cookies ?

-- 
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn (east side of the hotel)
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 
SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816
0
GerardJan
4/15/2019 11:06:43 AM
GerardJan wrote:

> how do you block cookies ?

To create a global block:

Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Cookies
(•) Block cookies
(o) Allow cookies for the originating website only
(o) Allow third-party cookies for previously visited websites only
(o) Allow all cookies

You can undo this global block by choosing one of the other options.

To block cookies for a particular website:

1) With that site open in your browser, do
Tools | Cookie Manager | Block Cookies from This Website

You can undo this site-specific block by choosing one of the other 
options under Tools | Cookie Manager | ...

2) Alternatively, launch the Cookie Manager, type the domain name into 
the input box, and click the "Block" button at the top right. I prefer 
the old version of the Cookie Manager:
<chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul>
But you can also access it by doing Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage 
Stored Cookies, which launches the Data Manager with "Cookies only" 
selected at top left. Type the domain name into the input box (where it 
says "Search Domains" in gray), and if it doesn't come up, click the 
"Add" button at bottom to create an exception for that domain. Once 
you've created the entry, click the "Add" button at bottom again and 
pull down "Set Cookies" from the options at bottom, then select "Block" 
on the right.

-- 
War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
--
Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
4/15/2019 12:07:25 PM
Reply: