dozen filters set up for 'Solution Manual' in the Subject and on various
From: entities in the Sender field over the entire UseNet server.

So are filters working in SM 2.49.5 (Release Version) on Win7??

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
2/1/2020 4:46:49 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13345 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Daniel wrote:
> I recall, sometime ago, filters were not working in one or other of the
> SM versions.
>
> It might have been a wg9s pre-release version of one or other version (I
> don't recall), but, now that I'm using the real Release version (Win 7,
> as shown in my sig file), are filters supposed to be working.
>
> The reason I ask is that I'm still seeing 'Solution Manual' type
> newsgroup posts on several UseNet groups, even though I have about a
> dozen filters set up for 'Solution Manual' in the Subject and on various
> From: entities in the Sender field over the entire UseNet server.
>
> So are filters working in SM 2.49.5 (Release Version) on Win7??

there seems to be a bit of a bug in 2.53.1b, for the long list of
filters I used to deploy against a certain set of italians, cause ALL
NEWSGROUP messages to be marked as spam...

--
"The purpose of life is to be happy."
    ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln
0
sean
2/2/2020 7:51:49 PM
sean wrote on 3/02/2020 6:51 AM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> I recall, sometime ago, filters were not working in one or other of
>> the SM versions.
>>
>> It might have been a wg9s pre-release version of one or other version
>> (I don't recall), but, now that I'm using the real Release version
>> (Win 7, as shown in my sig file), are filters supposed to be working.
>>
>> The reason I ask is that I'm still seeing 'Solution Manual' type
>> newsgroup posts on several UseNet groups, even though I have about a
>> dozen filters set up for 'Solution Manual' in the Subject and on
>> various From: entities in the Sender field over the entire UseNet server.
>>
>> So are filters working in SM 2.49.5 (Release Version) on Win7??
>
> there seems to be a bit of a bug in 2.53.1b, for the long list of
> filters I used to deploy against a certain set of italians, cause ALL
> NEWSGROUP messages to be marked as spam...

As I stated in my OP, I think I read that the filters weren't enabled in
one or other of Walt's pre-release version, but I would have thought
they would have been enabled in the release versions, especially an
older version like 2.49.5!

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
2/3/2020 5:30:08 AM
Daniel wrote:
> sean wrote on 3/02/2020 6:51 AM:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>> I recall, sometime ago, filters were not working in one or other of
>>> the SM versions.
>>>
>>> It might have been a wg9s pre-release version of one or other version
>>> (I don't recall), but, now that I'm using the real Release version
>>> (Win 7, as shown in my sig file), are filters supposed to be working.
>>>
>>> The reason I ask is that I'm still seeing 'Solution Manual' type
>>> newsgroup posts on several UseNet groups, even though I have about a
>>> dozen filters set up for 'Solution Manual' in the Subject and on
>>> various From: entities in the Sender field over the entire UseNet
>>> server.
>>>
>>> So are filters working in SM 2.49.5 (Release Version) on Win7??
>>
>> there seems to be a bit of a bug in 2.53.1b, for the long list of
>> filters I used to deploy against a certain set of italians, cause ALL
>> NEWSGROUP messages to be marked as spam...
>
> As I stated in my OP, I think I read that the filters weren't enabled in
> one or other of Walt's pre-release version, but I would have thought
> they would have been enabled in the release versions, especially an
> older version like 2.49.5!

You'll note he says 2.53.1b in the actual message.
btw, I think The Italians are someone from Portugal and an inspiration
to me!  (and my filters mostly work)

--
spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0