Archiving email in SM 2.49.4

What is the procedure to archive emails. I have tried to click archive
when a message is highlighted and a folder is created but no message in it.

JAS
0
JAS
1/4/2020 10:58:58 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13550 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

JAS wrote:
> What is the procedure to archive emails. I have tried to click archive
> when a message is highlighted and a folder is created but no message in it.
>
> JAS

Selected an email in my Comcast POP3 accounts Inbox.
Right-clicked and selected "Archive".
An "Archives" folder was created with a "2019" subfolder in it.
The message was in the "2019" subfolder.

I guess the folder gets the 2019 date from the archived message?

Confirmed by archiving one from 2020 which created a "2020" subfolder
under "Archives".

Don't know how an IMAP account would work.

Is yours a POP3 or IMAP account?
0
WaltS48
1/5/2020 1:30:48 AM
WaltS48 wrote:
> JAS wrote:
>> What is the procedure to archive emails. I have tried to click archive
>> when a message is highlighted and a folder is created but no message
>> in it.
>>
>> JAS
>
> Selected an email in my Comcast POP3 accounts Inbox.
> Right-clicked and selected "Archive".
> An "Archives" folder was created with a "2019" subfolder in it.
> The message was in the "2019" subfolder.
>
> I guess the folder gets the 2019 date from the archived message?
>
> Confirmed by archiving one from 2020 which created a "2020" subfolder
> under "Archives".
>
> Don't know how an IMAP account would work.
>
> Is yours a POP3 or IMAP account?
Mine is a POP account and I used the steps as you did, all was the same
except no message in folder ???
0
JAS
1/5/2020 4:17:47 PM
On 1/5/20 11:17 AM, JAS wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>> JAS wrote:
>>> What is the procedure to archive emails. I have tried to click
>>> archive when a message is highlighted and a folder is created but no
>>> message in it.
>>>
>>> JAS
>>
>> Selected an email in my Comcast POP3 accounts Inbox.
>> Right-clicked and selected "Archive".
>> An "Archives" folder was created with a "2019" subfolder in it.
>> The message was in the "2019" subfolder.
>>
>> I guess the folder gets the 2019 date from the archived message?
>>
>> Confirmed by archiving one from 2020 which created a "2020" subfolder
>> under "Archives".
>>
>> Don't know how an IMAP account would work.
>>
>> Is yours a POP3 or IMAP account?
> Mine is a POP account and I used the steps as you did, all was the same
> except no message in folder ???

So you have an Archives folder with a dated subfolder and no message?

Tried right clicking on it, select Properties and click Repair Folder?

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48
1/5/2020 4:31:56 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 1/5/20 11:17 AM, JAS wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Selected an email in my Comcast POP3 accounts Inbox.
>>> Right-clicked and selected "Archive".
>>> An "Archives" folder was created with a "2019" subfolder in it.
>>> The message was in the "2019" subfolder.
>>>
>>> I guess the folder gets the 2019 date from the archived message?
>>>
>>> Confirmed by archiving one from 2020 which created a "2020" subfolder
>>> under "Archives".
>>>
>>> Don't know how an IMAP account would work.
>>>
>>> Is yours a POP3 or IMAP account?
>> Mine is a POP account and I used the steps as you did, all was the
>> same except no message in folder ???
>
> So you have an Archives folder with a dated subfolder and no message?
>
> Tried right clicking on it, select Properties and click Repair Folder?

That did it, after I repaired the folder and did a shutdown and
restarted it is there.
JAS
1/5/2020 8:13:15 PM
JAS wrote:
> What is the procedure to archive emails. I have tried to click archive
> when a message is highlighted and a folder is created but no message in it.

If you all the currently saved mail just copy the mail sub-directory tree.

If you just want a few messages, create a folder - which is actually a
sub-directory - move or copy the messages you want to archive it that
folder, and copy that.

0
Ray