AOL Sending (Again) Challenges SM 2.46 Win 10 Pro

Hello all,

Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...

I now receive the following message:

The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server
(SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.

I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):

Server Name: smtp.aol.com
Port: 587
User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
Authentication Method: Normal password
Connection Security: SSL/TLS

Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.

TIA - bo1953
0
bo1953
4/19/2017 10:30:01 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12342 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 4/19/17 6:30 PM, bo1953 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...
>
> I now receive the following message:
>
> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
> server (SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction.
> Try again.
>

> I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):
>
> Server Name: smtp.aol.com
> Port: 587
> User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
> Authentication Method: Normal password
> Connection Security: SSL/TLS
>

> Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.
>
> TIA - bo1953

Connection Security is STARTTLS for my Thunderbird setting. I don't have
AOL configured in SeaMonkey.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48
4/19/2017 10:35:03 PM
bo1953 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...
>
> I now receive the following message:
>
> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
> server (SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction.
> Try again.
>
> I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):
>
> Server Name: smtp.aol.com
> Port: 587
> User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
> Authentication Method: Normal password
> Connection Security: SSL/TLS
>

> Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.

Have you tried port 465? That's what they told me to do when I migrated,
and it works fine. Of course, I kept my Verizon address, and for that
the SMTP server is smtp.verizon.net.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
4/19/2017 10:41:56 PM
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 4/19/17 6:30 PM, bo1953 wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...
>>
>> I now receive the following message:
>>
>> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
>> server (SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction.
>> Try again.
>>

>> I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):
>>
>> Server Name: smtp.aol.com
>> Port: 587
>> User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
>> Authentication Method: Normal password
>> Connection Security: SSL/TLS
>>

>> Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.
>>
>> TIA - bo1953
>

> Connection Security is STARTTLS for my Thunderbird setting. I don't have
> AOL configured in SeaMonkey.

WS48 - that did it, changing the security connection.

Thank you and Paul for your input and assistance.
bo1953
0
bo1953
4/19/2017 10:52:17 PM
On 04/20/2017 12:41 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> bo1953 wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...
>>
>> I now receive the following message:
>>
>> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
>> server (SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction.
>> Try again.
>>
>> I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):
>>
>> Server Name: smtp.aol.com
>> Port: 587
>> User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
>> Authentication Method: Normal password
>> Connection Security: SSL/TLS

Your connection security for outgoing mails should be: STARTTLS

>> Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.
>
> Have you tried port 465? That's what they told me to do when I migrated=
, and=20
> it works fine. Of course, I kept my Verizon address, and for that the S=
MTP=20
> server is smtp.verizon.net.

--=20
G=C3=A9rardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firef=
ox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
Build identifier: 20170329182716

I do desire we may be better strangers.
		-- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

0
UTF