Advertisement Deluge Follow-up w/uBlock Origin

On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
an 'add on'.

One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.

I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?

Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.
0
Henrik37
1/10/2017 3:03:02 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12615 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Henrik37 <lhenric60@yahoo.com> writes:

> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin
> as an add on'.
>
> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>
> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.

It's not working like that for me. But I am on Seamonkey 2.49a2.
0
Richmond
1/10/2017 6:36:43 AM
Henrik37 wrote:
> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as an 'add on'.
>
> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable uBlock Origin
> every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically enable uBlock Origin, it seems
> to remain inoperative.
>
> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly re-enabled.  Is this
> normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.

It wasn't working that way for me on 2.40. So something's wrong.
0
cmcadams
1/10/2017 9:29:10 PM
On 10/01/2017 2:03 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
> an 'add on'.
>
> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>
> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.

Henrik, have a look at your listing of uBlock Origin on the Add-ons
screen (Tools-Add-ons Manager). Is it set to "Always Activate", "Ask to
Activate" or "Never Activate"??

Try another setting, then switch to "Always Activate".

HTH
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501
0
Daniel
1/11/2017 8:50:10 AM
On 01/11/2017 03:50 AM, Daniel wrote:
> On 10/01/2017 2:03 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
>> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
>> an 'add on'.
>>
>> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
>> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
>> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>>
>> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
>> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>>
>> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.
>
> Henrik, have a look at your listing of uBlock Origin on the Add-ons
> screen (Tools-Add-ons Manager). Is it set to "Always Activate", "Ask
> to Activate" or "Never Activate"??
>
> Try another setting, then switch to "Always Activate".
>
> HTH

Being an extension, and not a plugin, the choices would be "Enabled" or
"Disabled".

Hope that clears things up.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

0
WaltS48
1/11/2017 2:19:44 PM
On 12/01/2017 1:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 01/11/2017 03:50 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 10/01/2017 2:03 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
>>> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
>>> an 'add on'.
>>>
>>> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
>>> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
>>> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>>>
>>> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
>>> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>>>
>>> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.
>>
>> Henrik, have a look at your listing of uBlock Origin on the Add-ons
>> screen (Tools-Add-ons Manager). Is it set to "Always Activate", "Ask
>> to Activate" or "Never Activate"??
>>
>> Try another setting, then switch to "Always Activate".
>>
>> HTH
>
> Being an extension, and not a plugin, the choices would be "Enabled" or
> "Disabled".
>
> Hope that clears things up.

Thanks for that correction, Walt.

Daniel

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501
0
Daniel
1/12/2017 11:05:37 AM
Even though I specify Google as my search engine, the darned DuckDuckGo
takes over each internet search, in Windows 10. It is not listed under
Programs  in Control Panel

Thanks,
..
Mort Linder

Henrik37 wrote:
> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
> an 'add on'.
>
> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>
> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.

0
Mort
1/16/2017 3:12:25 PM
Mort Linder wrote:

> Even though I specify Google as my search engine, the darned
> DuckDuckGo takes over each internet search, in Windows 10. It is not
> listed under Programs  in Control Panel

Please don't hijack threads, start a new one with the new subject line.

This issue has been discussed thoroughly, with solutions, in relevant
threads. Just look.

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
1/16/2017 3:29:51 PM
Daniel wrote:
> On 10/01/2017 2:03 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
>> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
>> an 'add on'.
>>
>> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
>> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
>> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>>
>> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
>> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>>
>> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.
>
> Henrik, have a look at your listing of uBlock Origin on the Add-ons
> screen (Tools-Add-ons Manager). Is it set to "Always Activate", "Ask to
> Activate" or "Never Activate"??
>
> Try another setting, then switch to "Always Activate".
>
> HTH

That is for plugins, not extensions.  With extensions, the choices are
to enable or disable.

0
EE
1/16/2017 9:10:08 PM
On 17/01/2017 8:10 AM, EE wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> On 10/01/2017 2:03 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
>>> On my 64 bit Optiplex 780, Win7-Pro, SM 2.40, I loaded uBlock Origin as
>>> an 'add on'.
>>>
>>> One of the things I don't understand is that I am required to enable
>>> uBlock Origin every time I open SeaMonkey.  If I don't specifically
>>> enable uBlock Origin, it seems to remain inoperative.
>>>
>>> I have never seen an 'add on' before that had to be constantly
>>> re-enabled.  Is this normal behaviour for uBlock Origin?
>>>
>>> Many thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.
>>
>> Henrik, have a look at your listing of uBlock Origin on the Add-ons
>> screen (Tools-Add-ons Manager). Is it set to "Always Activate", "Ask to
>> Activate" or "Never Activate"??
>>
>> Try another setting, then switch to "Always Activate".
>>
>> HTH
>
> That is for plugins, not extensions.  With extensions, the choices are
> to enable or disable.

Yeap, as Walt suggested a few days ago!