Adobe Flash Player Help Needed

I just bought a new computer and am having trouble installing the adobe
flash player. I click install and it says that I need to turn seamonkey
off for it to install so then I go and turn seamonkey off and it says
the exact same thing. I then tried restarting and installing but it says
I need to turn seamonkey off.

I don't understand how to install the player please advise.

I have a PC with XP Pro on it and am using seamonkey 1.1.14 on it

joseph

======================

Joseph Puentes
NoMeat@h2opodcast.com
http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html (Vegan Environmental Solutions Podcast)
http://h2opodcast.com (Environmental Podcast)
http://h2opodcast.blogspot.com (Blog for above)
http://PleaseListenToYourMom.com (Women's Peace Podcast)
http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History Podcast)
http://NuestrosRanchos.com (Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes
Genealogy)

0
Joseph
3/29/2009 2:19:05 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13360 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Joseph Puentes wrote:

> I just bought a new computer and am having trouble installing the adobe
> flash player. I click install and it says that I need to turn seamonkey
> off for it to install so then I go and turn seamonkey off and it says
> the exact same thing. I then tried restarting and installing but it says
> I need to turn seamonkey off.
>
> I don't understand how to install the player please advise.
>
> I have a PC with XP Pro on it and am using seamonkey 1.1.14 on it
>
> joseph

/snip of non delimited sig./

Take a look in your systray after you have closed SeaMonkey.  Do you
still see a SeaMonkey icon there?  If so, you have enabled Quick Launch.

Quick Launch keeps some of SeaMonkey loaded in memory, so that the
program loads faster.  If you have Quick Launch enabled, SM is not
really closed.  Close QL, and your install should work.

Lee
0
Leonidas
3/29/2009 2:26:33 AM
Joseph Puentes wrote:

> I just bought a new computer and am having trouble installing the adobe
> flash player. I click install and it says that I need to turn seamonkey
> off for it to install so then I go and turn seamonkey off and it says
> the exact same thing. I then tried restarting and installing but it says
> I need to turn seamonkey off.
>
> I don't understand how to install the player please advise.
>
> I have a PC with XP Pro on it and am using seamonkey 1.1.14 on it
>
> joseph

when you close SM, then look in the task manager
[ctrl+alt+del] and make sure that SM isn't running
there.  If it is, end it.  Besure to look in
Applications and Processes.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
3/29/2009 2:32:15 AM
Joseph Puentes wrote:

> I just bought a new computer and am having trouble installing the adobe
> flash player. I click install and it says that I need to turn seamonkey
> off for it to install so then I go and turn seamonkey off and it says
> the exact same thing. I then tried restarting and installing but it says
> I need to turn seamonkey off.
>
> I don't understand how to install the player please advise.
>
> I have a PC with XP Pro on it and am using seamonkey 1.1.14 on it

This problem is resolved due to the quick responses I received from the
group. thanks so much.

joseph

======================

Joseph Puentes
NoMeat@h2opodcast.com
http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html (Vegan Environmental Solutions Podcast)
http://h2opodcast.com (Environmental Podcast)
http://h2opodcast.blogspot.com (Blog for above)
http://PleaseListenToYourMom.com (Women's Peace Podcast)
http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History Podcast)
http://NuestrosRanchos.com (Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes
Genealogy)

0
Joseph
3/29/2009 3:21:00 AM
open windows task manager and then select process tab then look for
seamonkey from the porcess list and then click end task..
0
teckiee

I need help installing Adobe Flash Player 10
To start off I have just recently transfered from windows to linux. I wanted to start messing around with linux because it seems interesting but its a lot more difficult then Windows so far. Here is my situation First I went to this site 'Adobe - Adobe Flash Player' (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) I first clicked on the RPM version. In the Instruction it says to type this into the Terminal and it said that after I hit enter it would instruct me to close out my browser Code: -------------------- #rpm uvh flash-plugin-10.0.45.2-release-i386.rpm -----------...

Adobe flash KUbuntu 10.04 flashplugin-installer AMD 64bit, "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe."; jor MozFirefox
I can't get flash working now. It was working maybe a month ago, but then stopped, & I haven't tired since then. The latest message is: "You need to upgrade your flash player. Download it from Adobe." But, I've tried installing it using the Ubuntu flashplugin-installer, but it won't show up as installed. == I'm running Firefox direct from Mozilla, not ubuntu, to have the debug ability on, for if a crash occurs. I turned off flashblock & noscript, & restarted Firefox, then exited firefox. I purged flashplugin-installer, then rei...

need help with adobe flash
It will not download. This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------enig942362C0FE8B7C6F5D887E11 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Luis O. Aguilar wrote: > It will not download. not in thunderbird. email downloads in thunderbird. interesting that you post to a thunderbird email tsl about firefox browser using ole. --=20 peace out. tc,hago. g =2E **** in a free world without fences, who needs gates. ** help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today *...

Need Adobe Flash Player!
Name: Product: Minefield Summary: Need Adobe Flash Player! Comments: Everything runs great for on my 64-bit Vista platform; but I need Adobe Flash Player to work! No youtube, movies, facebook photos, etc. Once it's created for 64-bit than everything will be fantastic. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0 x64; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090710 Minefield/3.6a1pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (...

Adobe Flash Player Needed
Name: notlazyjohn@gmail.com Email: notlazyjohnatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Adobe Flash Player Needed Comments: cants seem to get adobe flash to work. they dont have x64 for windows yet i think. but minefield is good , fast. I just need to know how to get youtube to play on minefield, it keeps asking me to install flash player, will research more. thanks. god bless. no response expected. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1 x64; en-US; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20091116 Minefield/3.7a1pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reader...

Need help, Flash player does not work
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CDCF28.066A1770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Please excuse my terrible English.. :-) I can not find any answer in the other help pages=85 :-( i can`t instal the flashplayer plugin or any other plugin and so i have problems to see some webpages and use the browser. As Example: http://www.klassikradio.de/liveplayer.php?channel=3Dmovie I had uninstalled seamonkey, deleted all entries in the registry and = then i...

Adobe Flash crashes help needed
I am using Firefox 17.0.1 and experiencing constant crashes with Adobe flash player 11 ActiveX and Flash Player 11 plugin I went back and installed 10 as recommended but some sites won't accept that as its out of date. Does anyone have any advice please on a solution? Thanks in advance. On 12/11/2012 9:09 AM, thistlemaz@gmail.com wrote: > I am using Firefox 17.0.1 and experiencing constant crashes with Adobe flash player 11 ActiveX and Flash Player 11 plugin > I went back and installed 10 as recommended but some sites won't accept that as its out of date. > Does anyon...

Need Help Installing Adobe Flash After Download
Hi, I've been searching all over the internet for days on how to install Adobe Flash on my netbook. I recently installed *openSUSE 11.4* which I am guessing is the newest one. I also am using *Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 12*. I have searched on these forums as well and have tried everything everyone has suggested to different people with the same problem. I can't seem to install it at all. First I downloaded the *YUM* file and tried installing it with some weird program that came with openSUSE and it is just too difficult. I definitely do not know how to use it. Then I read I ...

Additional Help Needed on Installing Flash Player
I downloaded the Flash Player uninstaller to the desktop and ran it. And then I downloaded the Flash Player for Mozilla to the desktop. I closed SeaMonkey and the Tash Manager showed nothing running. I ran the Flash Player. I went to the www.USAToday.com site and a message said I needed the Flash Player. I went to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash The Flash Folder has the following in it. Flash10a.ocx Flashplayer.xpt install.log KB923789.inf NPSWF32.dll NPSWF32.dll NPSWF32.dll.prebar NPSWF32 Flashutil.exe (this shows a flash icon) Uninstallplugin.exe Can anyone see where I ...

Does this version still need the plugin Adobe Flash Player?
Name: tttt Product: Firefox Summary: Does this version still need the plugin Adobe Flash Player? Comments: Does this version still need the plugin Adobe Flash Player? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

keeps telling I need newer Adobe flash player
Name: Lou Vaccaro Email: lsvaccaroatoptonlinedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: keeps telling I need newer Adobe flash player Comments: I can no longer run a youtube video since the update.It keeps telling me i need a newer flash player. I keep downloading 10.1, but still it doesn't work.Youtube works fine with explorer.Any thoughts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

need help launching a Flash Player flv file
This is the first time I have dealt with a .flv file.  I typically have always embedded .swf files into webpages, but never a .flv file. I have a .net aspx page with  an image button control that calls a javascript function to open a popwindow using onClientClick: <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/Odyssey_HS_Video_Image.gif" OnClientClick="return popitup('video.htm')" /> This popup window opens a video.htm page where I typically have used the following code to launch .swf files: <html>...

SeaMonkey settings foor JavaScript and/or Adobe's Flash Player
I receive a message, while in SeaMonkey/Mail, when I click on an included web page address as follows: Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. An example of the web page that is giving me this message is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Wt4XlXUrc I know for certain that I have JavaScript on my system and it automatically activates in SeaMonkey when I visit other web sites such as: http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/ Additionally, the web site that will not open in SeaMonkey will in fact open in Internet Explo...

Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!!
Name: John H. Sangster Email: jhsangsteratverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Help! "Bug!" The damned thing lets Adobe Flash player work!!! Comments: It is a truism in the computer field that a "feature" is merely a bug that is documented. I was enjoying the power of AdBlock Plus until more and more web sites started substituting Adobe Flash Player to implement moving ads, and jumpered out most of the workarounds that let me halt Flash Player ads (like right clicking and picking something that would occupy its little mind waiting for a further res...

Web resources about - Adobe Flash Player Help Needed - mozilla.support.seamonkey

bit-player - An amateur's outlook on computation and mathematics
In a few days bit-player will celebrate its seventh birthday. (The first published post was dated January 9, 2006.) The original design for the ...

Portable audio player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A portable audio player is a personal mobile device that allows the user to listen to recorded audio while mobile. Sometimes a distinction is ...

Australia v West Indies player ratings: Windies named and shamed - DailyTelegraph Search Search
CHALK this one up as a win for the doomsayers as the West Indies were just as feeble as advertised in their crushing first Test defeat to Australia. ...

Player ratings: the elusive perfect mark cracked
... a half days. With the already struggling Windies reeling, we’ve run the rule over the studs and the duds of the Australian side in our player ...

Vinyl record player also works with smartphones, MP3 players and more
Don't toss away your parents' old vinyl record collection, just get a modern record player that also works with your smartphone and more. The ...

Arnold Peralta: Honduras national soccer player killed - CNN.com
Arnold Peralta, a Honduras national team soccer player, has been shot dead while on vacation in his home country, officials said Thursday.

NHL Player Gets His Face Destroyed After This Brutal Shot
NHL Player Gets His Face Destroyed After This Brutal Shot

Bad St. Louis Cardinals Fans Assail Rent-A-Player For Leaving For Real City
St. Louis Cardinals fans are like Donald Trump supporters, in that they all look like trolls pretending to be horrible and illiterate. When Jason ...

Fallout 4 console players need cheats too
Earlier this week , Bethesda took a beloved glitch out for a midnight ride to a quiet parking lot, caved in the back of its skull with a bowling ...

Product Hunt's New App Is A Podcast Player
Product Hunt's newly overhauled iOS app turns the recommendation site into something much more useful. When Product Hunt launched over two years ...