Adjusting responce time.

I connect this HP 6730b Laptop to the Internet via a 3G USB Dongle out
onto the Telco wireless network.

For six months or so, it has irregularly lost the connection, so I'd get
no connection to my UseNet server, (where I spend most of my time) even
though it might have worked well mere seconds beforehand.

Then I would notice some of the Browser's six tabs (which auto-update on
their own) would be showing lose of connection and the two IRC channels
would also show no connection.

And, when I click 'Disconnect' on the Win7 Wireless Broadband connection
thingee, it would not actually disconnect .... maybe for several hours,
unless I ('cold') rebooted into Win7.

Just tonight, however, I've noted that sometimes, when I've clicked on a
new message in a newsgroup, it would take some time to actually display
the message before coming good, so that got me thinking ....

Rather than there being something wrong with the Telco's 3G Wireless
System, might it be that the Internet response time is very slow (all
you guys slowing down the UseNet servers/links!!) so my SeaMonkey 2.49.5
or Win7 is timing out??

If so, where might I adjust this Timeout time?? Is it likely to be a
SeaMonkey thing or might it be a Win7 thing??

TIA

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
2/9/2020 1:19:48 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13358 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 2/9/20, Daniel <dxmm@spam.albury.net.au> wrote:
> I connect this HP 6730b Laptop to the Internet via a 3G USB Dongle out
> onto the Telco wireless network.

See if your 3G USB Dongle has any updated firmware/ drivers/ modem
software/ etc.

I had one of those USB Telco dongles for a work supplied laptop & and
it took about 3 iterations of software updates before it stopped
dropping the connection.

Regards,
Lee