Add on Manager/ShockwaveFlash

Flash based videos play whether 'Ask to Activate' or 'Never Activate' are enabled since downloading SM 2.46

Reverted back to SM 2.40 with same result.

The latest Flash plug-in version 24.0.0.186 is installed on Mac version 10.11.6

'Ask to Activate' and 'Never Active' work correctly in Safari browser.

TIA
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12515 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

M wrote:
> Flash based videos play whether 'Ask to Activate' or 'Never Activate'
> are enabled since downloading SM 2.46
>
> Reverted back to SM 2.40 with same result.
>
> The latest Flash plug-in version 24.0.0.186 is installed on Mac version
> 10.11.6
>
> 'Ask to Activate' and 'Never Active' work correctly in Safari browser.

Are they definitely Flash videos? If you right-click it, does the menu
include Flash settings? (I can't check exactly what the menu item is
called, as I don't have Flash installed)

It may be that you're getting HTML5 video, which is played within the
browser without needing any plugin. Some sites serve either Flash or
HTML5 video depending on the browser - so they may be giving you HTML5
for SeaMonkey (hence disabling Flash makes no difference) but Flash for
Safari (hence disabling Flash has the expected effect).

--
Mark.

0
mozilla
1/12/2017 8:06:49 PM
mozilla-lists.mbourne@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> M wrote:
>> Flash based videos play whether 'Ask to Activate' or 'Never Activate'
>> are enabled since downloading SM 2.46
>>
>> Reverted back to SM 2.40 with same result.
>>
>> The latest Flash plug-in version 24.0.0.186 is installed on Mac version
>> 10.11.6
>>
>> 'Ask to Activate' and 'Never Active' work correctly in Safari browser.
>
> Are they definitely Flash videos? If you right-click it, does the menu include Flash settings? (I can't check exactly what the menu item is called, as I don't have Flash
> installed)
>
> It may be that you're getting HTML5 video, which is played within the browser without needing any plugin. Some sites serve either Flash or HTML5 video depending on the
> browser - so they may be giving you HTML5 for SeaMonkey (hence disabling Flash makes no difference) but Flash for Safari (hence disabling Flash has the expected effect).

Thanks, that would explain the the difference between the two browsers.