access denied

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this 
server.

Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0



I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox 
news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server 
it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not 
working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again 
would be appreciated.


Frog
0
Frog
11/29/2019 4:46:17 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13297 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

12 Replies
16 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

On 11/29/2019 8:46 AM, Frog wrote:
> Access Denied
> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this 
> server.
> 
> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
> 
> 
> 
> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox 
> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server 
> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not 
> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again 
> would be appreciated.
> 
> 
> Frog
> 
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
	SeaMonkey/2.49.5

This works for me, even with AdBlock Plus enabled, "Advertise Firefox
compatibility" disabled, and cookies allowed only for the domain I
requested (in this case, cookies only from foxnews.com).

-- 
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Duracell batteries are prohibited in my house.
They leak and have severely damaged some expensive
electronics that I own.  Energizer and Everready
batteries are okay.
0
David
11/29/2019 5:37:06 PM
On 11/29/2019 10:46 AM, Frog wrote:
> Access Denied
> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this 
> server.
> 

Works for me
Running Debian 9.8

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711182954

No addons/extensions/whatever
JavaScript and cookies disabled

HTH


0
Richard
11/29/2019 6:31:42 PM
Frog wrote:
> Access Denied
> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this server.
> 
> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
> 
> 
> 
> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox news 
> page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server it opens 
> normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not working this 
> morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again would be appreciated.
> 
> 
> Frog
I get a normal page but videos of the articles do not work.

0
EE
11/29/2019 6:33:10 PM
On 29.11.2019 19:33, EE wrote:
> I get a normal page but videos of the articles do not work.

Everything works fine for me including videos like "Biden's 'no malarkey' bus 
tour kicks off as Buttigieg surges". For Video I have to click "Donot blockany 
longer" in the bar above the web contents.

I use unzipped unofficial (by wg9s) De SeaMonkey 2.53.1 (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; 
rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 Build 20191115130006  (Default Classic 
Theme) on German WIN7 64bit

CU

Rainer
0
Rainer
11/29/2019 9:47:24 PM
Frog wrote:
> Access Denied
> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
> server.
>
> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>
> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox
> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server
> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not
> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again
> would be appreciated.
>
>
> Frog

Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.


0
Paul
11/30/2019 3:41:30 AM
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Frog wrote:
>> Access Denied
>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
>> server.
>>
>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>
>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fo=
x
>> news page.=C2=A0 It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same=
 server
>> it opens normally.=C2=A0 SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not=

>> working this morning.=C2=A0 Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working=
 again
>> would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>> Frog
>=20
> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
>=20
>=20
I tried everything and ended up using CC Cleaner to remove all Cookies=20
and Internet Cache from my computer.  Next, I tried SeaMonkey to connect =

to open foxnews and it worked.  I then tried firefox to open this web=20
site and it also opened.  I learned from this experience that I need to=20
get the junk out of my computer more often in the future.

Thanks for all of the responses to my call for help.
Frog



0
Frog
11/30/2019 6:44:32 AM
Frog wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> Access Denied
>>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
>>> server.
>>>
>>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>>
>>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox
>>> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server
>>> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not
>>> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again
>>> would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
>>
>>
> I tried everything and ended up using CC Cleaner to remove all Cookies
> and Internet Cache from my computer.  Next, I tried SeaMonkey to connect
> to open foxnews and it worked.  I then tried firefox to open this web
> site and it also opened.  I learned from this experience that I need to
> get the junk out of my computer more often in the future.
>
> Thanks for all of the responses to my call for help.
> Frog

Your solution is good to know.
Thanks!


0
Paul
11/30/2019 4:32:50 PM
Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> On 29.11.2019 19:33, EE wrote:
>> I get a normal page but videos of the articles do not work.
> 
> Everything works fine for me including videos like "Biden's 'no malarkey' bus 
> tour kicks off as Buttigieg surges". For Video I have to click "Donot blockany 
> longer" in the bar above the web contents.
> 
> I use unzipped unofficial (by wg9s) De SeaMonkey 2.53.1 (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; 
> rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 Build 20191115130006  (Default Classic 
> Theme) on German WIN7 64bit
> 
> CU
> 
> Rainer
I do not see anything that says "Donot blockany
longer" on the video page.  I see a bar at the top saying, "You have requested 
a page that is only partially encrypted and does not prevent eavesdropping." 
If I change the setting to stop that bar from appearing, the video still does 
not work.

0
EE
11/30/2019 10:24:53 PM
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Frog wrote:
>> Access Denied
>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
>> server.
>>
>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>
>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox
>> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server
>> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not
>> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again
>> would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>> Frog
> 
> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
> 
> 
If you click the link, it does show HTTPS.

0
EE
11/30/2019 10:26:21 PM
EE wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> Access Denied
>>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
>>> server.
>>>
>>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>>
>>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox
>>> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same server
>>> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not
>>> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again
>>> would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
>>
>>
> If you click the link, it does show HTTPS.

Yea, it does for you and me but are you sure it does for him?


0
Paul
11/30/2019 10:37:49 PM
EE wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Frog wrote:
>>> Access Denied
>>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this=

>>> server.
>>>
>>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>>
>>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access f=
ox
>>> news page.=C2=A0 It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the sam=
e server
>>> it opens normally.=C2=A0 SeaMonkey was working fine last night but no=
t
>>> working this morning.=C2=A0 Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey workin=
g again
>>> would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
>>
>>
> If you click the link, it does show HTTPS.
>=20
The address in my address book has https, and that is the way it was=20
entered.  The access denied message came back showing http...thus, I=20
tried entering it manually with the s added and the result was another=20
access denied message as http.  It seemed very strange to me that only=20
the foxnews web page was the only web page that was giving me this=20
message.  I then used my WEBOOT software against the whole system and no =

problems were identified.   Once I allowed CC Cleaner to remove the=20
cookies and Internet Cache from my systen I entered the foxnews address=20
as I do normally and everything worked as usual.  I do not know why=20
firefox/foxnews was not affected by anything from the start and only=20
seamonkey was affected (the same computer/operating system was used=20
throughout this access denied situation).  Presently, both firefox and=20
seamonkey are working normally, and that makes me very happy.

I hope this information is helpful to those who responded to my help=20
needed message.

Frog

0
Frog
12/2/2019 8:17:44 PM
Frog wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>>> Frog wrote:
>>>> Access Denied
>>>> You don't have permission to access "http://www.foxnews.com/" on this
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>> Reference #18.b600c045.1575045417.6edeaaf0
>>>>
>>>> I'm receiving the above message when trying on sea monkey to access fox
>>>> news page.  It's interesting that when I use fire fox on the same
>>>> server
>>>> it opens normally.  SeaMonkey was working fine last night but not
>>>> working this morning.  Any ideas to help me get SeaMonkey working again
>>>> would be appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Frog
>>>
>>> Try HTTPS instead of HTTP.
>>>
>>>
>> If you click the link, it does show HTTPS.
>>
> The address in my address book has https, and that is the way it was
> entered.  The access denied message came back showing http...thus, I
> tried entering it manually with the s added and the result was another
> access denied message as http.  It seemed very strange to me that only
> the foxnews web page was the only web page that was giving me this
> message.  I then used my WEBOOT software against the whole system and no
> problems were identified.   Once I allowed CC Cleaner to remove the
> cookies and Internet Cache from my systen I entered the foxnews address
> as I do normally and everything worked as usual.  I do not know why
> firefox/foxnews was not affected by anything from the start and only
> seamonkey was affected (the same computer/operating system was used
> throughout this access denied situation).  Presently, both firefox and
> seamonkey are working normally, and that makes me very happy.
>
> I hope this information is helpful to those who responded to my help
> needed message.
>
> Frog

Thanks Frog.
The update is much appreciated.
0
Paul
12/2/2019 10:35:12 PM
Reply: