aberrant Archive Messages Behaviour

I've asked this before, but can't locate the thread. When I send email
from my many email accounts, I have all sent mail set to go to the SENT
folder under LOCAL FOLDERS. When I then click ARCHIVE then mail moves to
the corresponding YEARLY folder, instead of to the corresponding MONTHLY
folder.

Here's hoping that's a clearer question?
0
sean
10/8/2018 12:29:29 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12963 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

sean wrote on 8/10/2018 11:29 AM:
> I've asked this before, but can't locate the thread. When I send email
> from my many email accounts, I have all sent mail set to go to the SENT
> folder under LOCAL FOLDERS. When I then click ARCHIVE then mail moves to
> the corresponding YEARLY folder, instead of to the corresponding MONTHLY
> folder.
>
> Here's hoping that's a clearer question?

No, 'cause I don't see where you ask a question, Sean, except for where
you make a statement and the put a question mark!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/8/2018 8:44:53 AM
Daniel wrote:
> sean wrote on 8/10/2018 11:29 AM:
>> I've asked this before, but can't locate the thread. When I send email
>> from my many email accounts, I have all sent mail set to go to the
>> SENT folder under LOCAL FOLDERS. When I then click ARCHIVE then mail
>> moves to the corresponding YEARLY folder, instead of to the
>> corresponding MONTHLY folder.
>>
>> Here's hoping that's a clearer question?
>
> No, 'cause I don't see where you ask a question, Sean, except for where
> you make a statement and the put a question mark!

It's clear that Archive isn't working as expected, when I have my
archive process set to MONTHLY and it keeps going to YEARLY something is
wrong... bu I guess I forgot to type that sentence...

Does Archiving not work properly when attempting to move mail to MONTHLY
ARCIVE from the DRAFTS or SENT files within LOCAL FOLDERS?

0
sean
10/15/2018 2:32:03 AM
sean wrote on 15/10/2018 1:32 PM:
> Daniel wrote:
>> sean wrote on 8/10/2018 11:29 AM:
>>> I've asked this before, but can't locate the thread. When I send
>>> email from my many email accounts, I have all sent mail set to go to
>>> the SENT folder under LOCAL FOLDERS. When I then click ARCHIVE then
>>> mail moves to the corresponding YEARLY folder, instead of to the
>>> corresponding MONTHLY folder.
>>>
>>> Here's hoping that's a clearer question?
>>
>> No, 'cause I don't see where you ask a question, Sean, except for
>> where you make a statement and the put a question mark!
>>

> It's clear that Archive isn't working as expected, when I have my
> archive process set to MONTHLY and it keeps going to YEARLY something is
> wrong... bu I guess I forgot to type that sentence...
>
> Does Archiving not work properly when attempting to move mail to MONTHLY
> ARCIVE from the DRAFTS or SENT files within LOCAL FOLDERS?

Thank you for having another go, Sean.

I've never used the "Archive" function ... cannot say I've even noticed
it (Message->Archive) before!

I've looked through Prefs and found nothing and then, with
"about:config" in the addressbar, which brought up nine preferences,
three of which (the archive folder locations) are set to "user set"!!
None of the nine prefs mention "Month" or "years", however the first
pref, devtools.netmonitor.har.defaultFileName, does mention %y-%m which,
I'm guessing, mean year and month.

Sorry I cannot help you, Sean, but, maybe, someone else will drop by!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/15/2018 11:50:55 AM
sean wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> sean wrote on 8/10/2018 11:29 AM:
>>> I've asked this before, but can't locate the thread. When I send
>>> email from my many email accounts, I have all sent mail set to go to
>>> the SENT folder under LOCAL FOLDERS. When I then click ARCHIVE then
>>> mail moves to the corresponding YEARLY folder, instead of to the
>>> corresponding MONTHLY folder.
>>>
>>> Here's hoping that's a clearer question?
>>
>> No, 'cause I don't see where you ask a question, Sean, except for
>> where you make a statement and the put a question mark!
>>

> It's clear that Archive isn't working as expected, when I have my
> archive process set to MONTHLY and it keeps going to YEARLY something is
> wrong... bu I guess I forgot to type that sentence...
>
> Does Archiving not work properly when attempting to move mail to MONTHLY
> ARCIVE from the DRAFTS or SENT files within LOCAL FOLDERS?

I'm not absolutely certain, but it looks like there's no option to set
how archiving behaves for Local Folders. In Edit > Mail & Newsgroup
Account Settings, under each account there is a "Copies & Folders"
section where it appears archiving options (including monthly/yearly)
can be set. However, I don't see any corresponding option for Local
Folders. It could be that this is an accidental omission, since most of
the rest of the "Copies & Folders" options are irrelevant for Local Folders.

Unless anyone confirms otherwise, it's probably best to report this on
the bug tracker at <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/> - at least then it's
not so easily forgotten (although with current resources still not
likely to be seen to very soon). Search for existing reports of the same
issue first, and if none found click "New Bug". From there, select
"Other Products" then "SeaMonkey" (near the bottom of the first section
"Client Software").

--
Mark.

0