ABC iview in SeaMonkey

The ABC seem to have updated their iview catch up TV site and now it
doesn't work in SeaMonkey anymore. Pressing "play" on any video just gets a
"no playable sources found" error.

Do I need a plugin or something? And if so, where do I get it? (a check of
the network activity using the developer tools shows some JSON that
mentions some suspiciously MPEG-looking things but I have no clue how that
stuff works on SeaMonkey on Windows)

I am using SeaMonkey 2.49.3 (latest public version) on Windows 7.
0
Jonathan
6/12/2018 9:28:27 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12852 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 06/12/2018 05:28 AM, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> The ABC seem to have updated their iview catch up TV site and now it
> doesn't work in SeaMonkey anymore. Pressing "play" on any video just
> gets a "no playable sources found" error.
>
> Do I need a plugin or something? And if so, where do I get it? (a check
> of the network activity using the developer tools shows some JSON that
> mentions some suspiciously MPEG-looking things but I have no clue how
> that stuff works on SeaMonkey on Windows)
>
> I am using SeaMonkey 2.49.3 (latest public version) on Windows 7.

You don't need the Flash plugin.

You probably do need the Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by
Google, Inc, and the OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems,
bundled in Firefox by Mozilla, but isn't found in SeaMonkey.

I don't think you can find them anywhere to install them.

"As announced in March 2018, the ABC iview development team have been
working hard to bring HTML5 (DRM) streaming onto the iview website which
removes the need for the Adobe Flash Player plugin."

<https://iviewsupport.abc.net.au/article/103-iview-update>

DRM Ref: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management>
0
WaltS48
6/12/2018 2:32:21 PM
On 6/12/2018 7:32 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 06/12/2018 05:28 AM, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
>> The ABC seem to have updated their iview catch up TV site and now it
>> doesn't work in SeaMonkey anymore. Pressing "play" on any video just
>> gets a "no playable sources found" error.
>>
>> Do I need a plugin or something? And if so, where do I get it? (a check
>> of the network activity using the developer tools shows some JSON that
>> mentions some suspiciously MPEG-looking things but I have no clue how
>> that stuff works on SeaMonkey on Windows)
>>
>> I am using SeaMonkey 2.49.3 (latest public version) on Windows 7.
>

> You don't need the Flash plugin.
>
> You probably do need the Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by
> Google, Inc, and the OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems,
> bundled in Firefox by Mozilla, but isn't found in SeaMonkey.
>
> I don't think you can find them anywhere to install them.
>
> "As announced in March 2018, the ABC iview development team have been
> working hard to bring HTML5 (DRM) streaming onto the iview website which
> removes the need for the Adobe Flash Player plugin."
>
> <https://iviewsupport.abc.net.au/article/103-iview-update>
>
> DRM Ref: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management>

Since Cisco has open-sourced its implementation of OpenH264, will it be
part of the next version of SeaMonkey?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.
0
David