A funny problem i SM1.1 - Save all files from the message returns improper lenght #2

If there is a message with attachments (a bunch of text files in fact)
  and I ask SM to save all files then in the download manager in the
"Transfered' for all files I get  the save value - probably sum of all
files before decoding (SM says about 300k and sum of files is 237k).
That is something just annoyng - not security problem or something
like that but it might be worth correcting (I hope so)...

yours
WD
0
WD
2/10/2007 10:45:56 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13134 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On approximately 2/10/2007 2:45 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of WD:
> If there is a message with attachments (a bunch of text files in fact)
>  and I ask SM to save all files then in the download manager in the
> "Transfered' for all files I get  the save value - probably sum of all
> files before decoding (SM says about 300k and sum of files is 237k).
> That is something just annoyng - not security problem or something like
> that but it might be worth correcting (I hope so)...
>
> yours
> WD

Base64 encoding, used to transfer binary files via email, adds about 33%
overhead to the original size of the files.  You don't state the type of
files, or if it is mixed, or how large the non-attachment size of the
emails is, so I can only guess that that is probably the effect you are
seeing.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/
===========================
Glenn wrote:
> On approximately 2/10/2007 2:45 PM, came the following characters from
> the keyboard of WD:
>> If there is a message with attachments (a bunch of text files in fact)
>>  and I ask SM to save all files then in the download manager in the
>> "Transfered' for all files I get  the save value - probably sum of all
>> files before decoding (SM says about 300k and sum of files is 237k).
>> That is something just annoyng - not security problem or something
>> like that but it might be worth correcting (I hope so)...
>>
>> yours
>> WD
>
> Base64 encoding, used to transfer binary files via email, adds about 33%
> overhead to the original size of the files.  You don't state the type of
> files, or if it is mixed, or how large the non-attachment size of the
> emails is, so I can only guess that that is probably the effect you are
> seeing.

Those files were of different sizes - all were reported the same size
in the 'download manager' so it is not just about my inability to take
into account encoding. Files were pure ascii7 text files by the way.

Yours
WD
0
WD

SeaMonkey 2.0 vs. 2.1
Having View -> Display Attachments Inline unchecked: 1. Attach a plain text message to a new plain text message; 2. Save as draft or send to yourself; 3. Try to open the attached message clicking on it in the Attachments box of the preview of the new message. In this scenario I get constant crash like: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-bf400608-52d2-42e9-aa45-7dc5b2110618 The same opens a message window with the message attachment just fine in SeaMonkey 2.0. Another case: 1. Attach a plain text message having a ZIP attachment to a new plain text messa...

SeaMonkey 1.1.18 vs SeaMonkey 2.1 (if/when 2.1 is released)
I will clearly state that I am not a computer whiz...thus, I have a number of concerns regarding SeaMonkey 2.0 installation on my system. I have been reading the many SeaMonkey 2.0 messages on this newsgroup with some concern about my ability to fix the problems that could occur with the installation of 2.0. It seems that the move from 1.1.18 to 2.0 is not happening without a number of glitches along the way. Thus, in light of what I have read, I am wondering if it would wise for me to wait for a future release of SeaMonkey before upgrading my system...I suppose I am hoping tha...

problem with forms and gecko/SeaMonkey 1.1.1 #2

DNN 2.1.2: File Manager | Add File, multi-user problem
Hello and Thank you for taking a moment to read this ... and for your helpful replies.I am experiencing a problem with the File Manager.  Specifically, when multiple users are more or less simultaneously uploading files, the WebUpload module appears to get confused about who is doing what - some people get files loaded into their portal that they did not select for upload, others get nothing uploaded and no errors.I have looked at the code in the WebUpload module and suspect that the shared ArrayLists used to compile a group of files for a "batch upload" (arrFiles and arr...

calendar support in seamonkey 1.1.2
Hi, For those who are using the last good known calendar (0.2.0.2006011612-cal) version for Mozilla does this still work for seamonkey 1.1.2? Thanks in advance ...

Same profile in Seamonkey 2.4.1 and Seamonkey 2.6.1 ?
Hi, I will switch a computer from windows to linux and from Seamonkey 2.6.1 to Seamonkey 2.4.1 (I don't know why Ubuntu only have 2.6.1 on Precise alpha release). I think there no big differences between these two releases that will bring bug into profile. Am I false? On my computer I directly use Seamonkey from Mozilla, on that computer I don't want to have work, so I only keep Ubuntu repositories. -- Sorry for possible mistakes in English! http://pasdenom.info/ St�phane Gr�goire wrote: > Hi, > > I will switch a computer from windows to linux and...

2.1.2 File upload problem
Trying to upload a large zip file (3,340Kb) Select file to upload Click Add browser seems to start upload after clicking Add. After about 2 minutes I get a page cannot be displayed error page. The address bar contains: http://www.mydomain.com/Default.aspx?tabid=15&mid=316&ctl=Edit Smaller files upload without problem. Is this a hosting or dnn problem? I am with WH4L on a Semi-Dedicated Plan You need to adjust the maxRequestLength setting in web.config to allow for such large uploads / downloads. SalarKnapHill, Surrey UKSkinning & Building DotNetNuke App...

Seamonkey 2.1/2.2 breaking Java plugin support on Centos 5 Linux?
I'm a long-time user of Seamonkey, from since it was called Mozilla. The recent 2.1 and 2.2 updates seem to have broken Java support on my Centos 5.5 box (32 bits) and I really can't figure this out. Seamonkey is installed in /usr/local. Starting from 2.1, the /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins directory is gone. As per the release notes, plugins are now managed on a per-user basis in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins So far, so good. I used to have a link in /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins pointing to /usr/local/jre1.6.0_12/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so (I install Sun's...

Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1
Ok i have done the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 the installer did its magic and i got the click here to access your portal/site which means the upgrade went well... but now i get this error on my homepage A critical error has occurred.Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctr' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.Can some one help me out and explain what this means???? Has any one seen that before ??? ... The other thing i cannot log into the site either ... when i login it takes me back to the home page and i dont have the control panel or anythin...

Need localization support for Seamonkey 1.8.1 #2
Hi, =20 We are using Seamonkey as embedded browser in our application and we support multiple languages as well. =20 Currently, we are having issues with our browser for Korean( ko-KR ), Chinese simplified and traditional( zh-CN and zh-TW ) languages, since the language packs are not available for these languages. =20 Please let us know if you have any updates for these language packs for Seamonkey 1.8.1. =20 Regards, Biswaranjan =20 Rath, Biswaranjan wrote: > Please let us know if you have any updates for these language packs for > Seamonkey 1.8.1...

SeaMonkey 2.1
An increasing number of features are diverging between Gecko 1.9.2 and Gecko 1.9.3; this gives us a number of options, with pros and cons for each, but please don't consider this an exhaustive list. 1. Stick with 1.9.2 for now, don't use 1.9.3 features at all * Pro: We know what features we have to port * Con: Lots of catching up on trunk after comm-central forks/after releasing 2.1 2. Write code using feature detection for 1.9.3/backward compatibility for 1.9.2 * Pro: More flexible than any other option * Co...

Problem with PPB 1.5 and 2 transactions to 2 db files
HI, I am attempting to open two different transaction objects to two different ASA db files. When trying to access the 2nd transaction object I get a screen appearing that wants me to specify the ODBC connection information. The window has a title starting with "Connect to Adaptive S..." and has 3 tabs titled "Login", "Database" and "Network". I have tried both RTENG9.exe and DBSRV9.exe with the same results. Now if I close the 1st transaction object prior to accessing the 2nd, everything is fine. This is not how I want to handle this. I...

Seamonkey 2.1 and Seamonkey 2.0
Hi, I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launch Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookmarks. How fixing it? Seamonkey 2.1b3pre mail window look very pretty! -- Sorry for my bad english, the british dictionnary is disabled by nightly build and I don't speak english fluently. St�phane http://pasdenom.info St=E9phane Gr=E9goire schrieb: > I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launc= h > Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookm= ark...

Never done upgrade before. Have a 2.1.2 site w/many custom (purchased) modules, some of which are no longer supported. Don't see *any* info in 3.1 install docs for 2.1.2 upgrade?
Hey folks: I'm about to try something very scary, and I've spent the last 5 or so hours reading DNN 3.1 docs and doing searches here (sure which the search worked better, like allowed sort by date??).  Anyway, I don't see *any* info on updating a 2.1.2 site to a 3.1 site.  The only examples all have machine key stuff and other stuff that's not an issue (or is it?) w/2.1.2 Here's the situation: 1 I have localhost access to the site via remote desktop 2. I have disconnected backed up data and log files and reconnected 3. I have made a copy of the virtual folder. No...

Client PC Problem
Hi, I am testing a win98 PC client, trying to install the required files etc. listed in the help to deploy the DB. The DB starts up, and I can connect to it via iSQL ok or at least seem to. Using a copy of the exe from a PC that connects to the DB fine, from the win98 this happens: Preparing Statement 1880a80 : SELECT Id,"COUNTRYNAME" FROM "COUNTRY" WHERE 0 = 1 Error Occurred: 37000[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: near '?' in ?[?]?????????�??????????... Time Taken:0.00 secs OR from the SQL log ...

Web resources about - A funny problem i SM1.1 - Save all files from the message returns improper lenght #2 - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Improper rotation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In geometry , an improper rotation , also called rotoreflection or rotary reflection is, depending on context, a linear transformation or affine ...

Robert Venturi: Architecture's Improper Hero Part 1 - YouTube
Robert Venturi is the father of postmodern architecture and, along with his partner Denise Scott Brown, has changed how the world thinks about ...

Malcolm Turnbull poised to end improper influence of religion on government
Perhaps now, with a changing of the guard in the government, the place of religion will subside.

Sniper-style shooting detective accused of improper behaviour
A Queensland detective will face court next month charged with improperly charging the girlfriend of a man later acquitted of a sniper-style ...

Leaked emails reveal Mafia-linked ALP councillor Teti's improper conduct
Controversial mafia-linked ALP local councillor Michael Teti improperly sought a council permit for a businessman who Mr Teti was secretly getting ...

'No improper offer' by News Ltd
... in the opinion pages of News Limited newspapers to explain his decision if he crossed the floor in a crucial parliamentary vote, but "no improper ...

The Ashes 2015: BBC commentator Jonathan Agnew warned by Lord's for improper attire
First it was Lewis Hamilton at Wimbledon, but now Jonathan Agnew, the BBC's cricket correspondent, has run into trouble for a sartorial lapse.&nbsp; ...

Miami judge accuses Apple and Google of improper use of court
Ongoing patent disputes, "a business strategy that appears to have no end" A Miami judge has accused Apple and Google of making improper use ...

Aaron Schock, U.S. congressman, faces more allegations of improper spending
Illinois Rep. Aaron Schock, a rising Republican star already facing an ethics inquiry, has spent taxpayer and campaign funds on flights aboard ...

NDP MPs ordered to repay $1.17M over improper mailings
A House of Commons committee is ordering New Democrat MPs to repay $1.17 million in taxpayers’ money over mailings sent out across the country ...