32bit & 64bit SM questions.

A couple questions:

1. Is the official Mac SeaMonkey 64-bit or 32-bit for Mac OS X Sierra
v10.12.6 on a 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP) with 8 GB of RAM and 500 GB SSD?

2. In my updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1, my 32-bit SM is slow with some web
sites especially with muliple tabs like on YouTube, Google News,
LinkedIn, etc. For an example, it can go up to almost 3 GB of RAM with
about 10 HTML5 YouTube video tabs (not playing all at the same time,
just buffering them with one video playing). I don't have this problem
in MBP. I wonder if it is capped at 3 GB of RAM since it is a 32-bit
process even though I am using a 64-bit OS.

I hope someone can answer my technical questions. Thank you for reading. :)
--
"Ants can carry twenty times their weight, which is useful information
if you're moving out and you need help getting a potato chip across
  | |o   o| |         http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
10/11/2018 8:03:54 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 12997 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 2018-10-11 4:03 p.m., Ant wrote:
> A couple questions:
>
> 1. Is the official Mac SeaMonkey 64-bit or 32-bit for Mac OS X Sierra
> v10.12.6 on a 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP) with 8 GB of RAM and 500 GB SSD?

On Mac, SeaMonkey has been 64-bit since version 2.1.

--
<http://ilias.ca/links>
Newsgroup moderator

FRG

Ant wrote:
> A couple questions:
>
> 1. Is the official Mac SeaMonkey 64-bit or 32-bit for Mac OS X Sierra v10.12.6
> on a 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP) with 8 GB of RAM and 500 GB SSD?
>
> 2. In my updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1, my 32-bit SM is slow with some web sites
> especially with muliple tabs like on YouTube, Google News, LinkedIn, etc. For
> an example, it can go up to almost 3 GB of RAM with about 10 HTML5 YouTube
> video tabs (not playing all at the same time, just buffering them with one
> video playing). I don't have this problem in MBP. I wonder if it is capped at
> 3 GB of RAM since it is a 32-bit process even though I am using a 64-bit OS.
>
> I hope someone can answer my technical questions. Thank you for reading. :)
0
Frank
10/12/2018 8:43:04 AM
I can't have both 32-bit official (EXE installer) and and 64-bit
official (portable zip file) installed at the same time? I know I can't
run both of them at the same time. Also, will my old extensions still
work in the 64-bit portable version? Here is what I have right now:

Last updated: Fri Oct 12 2018 11:19:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4

Extensions (enabled: 5)
* ColorfulTabs 31.1.9 (http://www.addongenie.com/colorfultabs)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.16.1-signed
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/) (disabled)
* Open With 6.8.6 (https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith)
* PrefBar 7.1.1 (http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/)
* uBlock Origin 1.16.4.4 (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock)
* uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.4 (https://github.com/JustOff/ublock0-updater/)

On 10/12/2018 1:43 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> I have seen SeaMonkey hit a GB or 2 but not much more. I hope we are
> able to provide an x64 Windows build soon after the new infra is ready.
> You can try this one if you would like to take a test drive:
> http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/
> Please uninstall your x86 build first. The profiles are compatible. Mapi
> is not Working in x64 TB and SM Windows builds so send from explorer
> will fail. This is an unofficial build with no warranty but most of the
> the additional backports over 2.49.4 where done by me.
>
> FRG
>
> Ant wrote:
>> A couple questions:
>>
>> 1. Is the official Mac SeaMonkey 64-bit or 32-bit for Mac OS X Sierra
>> v10.12.6 on a 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP) with 8 GB of RAM and 500 GB
>> SSD?
>>
>> 2. In my updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1, my 32-bit SM is slow with some web
>> sites especially with muliple tabs like on YouTube, Google News,
>> LinkedIn, etc. For an example, it can go up to almost 3 GB of RAM with
>> about 10 HTML5 YouTube video tabs (not playing all at the same time,
>> just buffering them with one video playing). I don't have this problem
>> in MBP. I wonder if it is capped at 3 GB of RAM since it is a 32-bit
>> process even though I am using a 64-bit OS.
>>
>> I hope someone can answer my technical questions. Thank you for
>> reading. :)--
"The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to
the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his
men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the
disastrous effects of a siege." --Chapter 3 in Sun Tzu's The Ancient Art
of War (Translated by Lionel Giles)
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
  | |o   o| |         http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
10/12/2018 6:20:10 PM
You can have both x86 and x64 installed. There is no 64 Bit official 2.49
available. Everything Windows x64 is unoffical. 2.49.5 has fixes over 2.49.4
but the profiles are interchangable. Extensions should work in both versions.
The x64 version only supports Flash if you still use plugins. It will update
DOMi to 2.0.17.2. I never found the time to put the updated version on AMO.

If unsure do a profile backup and just try it. I also use NoScript 5.1.9
together with uBlock 1.16.4.4. You memory problems might well be tracker and
third party scripts running amok.

FRG

Ant wrote:
> [...]
>>> with one video playing). I don't have this problem in MBP. I wonder if it
>>> is capped at 3 GB of RAM since it is a 32-bit process even though I am
>>> using a 64-bit OS.
>>>
>>> I hope someone can answer my technical questions. Thank you for reading. :)--
> "The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the
> assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are
> slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects
> of a siege." --Chapter 3 in Sun Tzu's The Ancient Art of War (Translated by
> Lionel Giles)
> Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this
> signature correctly.
>     /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
>    / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
0
Frank
10/12/2018 8:26:19 PM
Thanks! I do use the updated Flash plugins from Adobe. Flash is rarely
used though. Oops, I meant to say UNofficial 64-bit. :(

On 10/12/2018 1:26 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> You can have both x86 and x64 installed. There is no 64 Bit official
> 2.49 available. Everything Windows x64 is unoffical. 2.49.5 has fixes
> over 2.49.4 but the profiles are interchangable. Extensions should work
> in both versions. The x64 version only supports Flash if you still use
> plugins. It will update DOMi to 2.0.17.2. I never found the time to put
> the updated version on AMO.
>
> If unsure do a profile backup and just try it. I also use NoScript 5.1.9
> together with uBlock 1.16.4.4. You memory problems might well be tracker
> and third party scripts running amok.
>
> FRG
>
> Ant wrote:
>> I can't have both 32-bit official (EXE installer) and and 64-bit
>> official (portable zip file) installed at the same time? I know I
>> can't run both of them at the same time. Also, will my old extensions
>> still work in the 64-bit portable version? Here is what I have right now:
>>
>> Last updated: Fri Oct 12 2018 11:19:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
>> User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
>>
>> Extensions (enabled: 5)
>> * ColorfulTabs 31.1.9 (http://www.addongenie.com/colorfultabs)
>> * DOM Inspector 2.0.16.1-signed
>> (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/) (disabled)
>> * Open With 6.8.6 (https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith)
>> * PrefBar 7.1.1 (http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/)
>> * uBlock Origin 1.16.4.4 (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock)
>> * uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.4
>> (https://github.com/JustOff/ublock0-updater/)
>>

>> On 10/12/2018 1:43 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>>> I have seen SeaMonkey hit a GB or 2 but not much more. I hope we are
>>> able to provide an x64 Windows build soon after the new infra is
>>> ready. You can try this one if you would like to take a test drive:
>>> http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/
>>> Please uninstall your x86 build first. The profiles are compatible.
>>> Mapi is not Working in x64 TB and SM Windows builds so send from
>>> explorer will fail. This is an unofficial build with no warranty but
>>> most of the the additional backports over 2.49.4 where done by me.
>>>
>>> FRG

Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was
taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered
that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then
ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah
sent him a revelation: 'Wouldn't it have been sufficient to burn a
single ant (that bit you)?'" --Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 54,
Number 536
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
  | |o   o| |         http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
10/13/2018 3:09:21 AM
Questions:
1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?
2. Is there a
http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.win64.zip somewhere?

On 10/12/2018 8:09 PM, Ant wrote:
> Thanks! I do use the updated Flash plugins from Adobe. Flash is rarely
> used though. Oops, I meant to say UNofficial 64-bit. :(
>

> On 10/12/2018 1:26 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> You can have both x86 and x64 installed. There is no 64 Bit official
>> 2.49 available. Everything Windows x64 is unoffical. 2.49.5 has fixes
>> over 2.49.4 but the profiles are interchangable. Extensions should
>> work in both versions. The x64 version only supports Flash if you
>> still use plugins. It will update DOMi to 2.0.17.2. I never found the
>> time to put the updated version on AMO.
>>
>> If unsure do a profile backup and just try it. I also use NoScript
>> 5.1.9 together with uBlock 1.16.4.4. You memory problems might well be
>> tracker and third party scripts running amok.
>>
>> FRG
>>
>> Ant wrote:
>>> I can't have both 32-bit official (EXE installer) and and 64-bit
>>> official (portable zip file) installed at the same time? I know I
>>> can't run both of them at the same time. Also, will my old extensions
>>> still work in the 64-bit portable version? Here is what I have right
>>> now:
>>>
>>> Last updated: Fri Oct 12 2018 11:19:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
>>> User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0)
>>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
>>>
>>> Extensions (enabled: 5)
>>> * ColorfulTabs 31.1.9 (http://www.addongenie.com/colorfultabs)
>>> * DOM Inspector 2.0.16.1-signed
>>> (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/) (disabled)
>>> * Open With 6.8.6 (https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith)
>>> * PrefBar 7.1.1 (http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/)
>>> * uBlock Origin 1.16.4.4 (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock)
>>> * uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.4
>>> (https://github.com/JustOff/ublock0-updater/)

0
Ant
10/19/2018 11:26:53 PM
Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018 01:26:50 UTC+2 schrieb Ant:
> Questions:
> 1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?
> 2. Is there a
> http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.win64.zip somewhere?

Always only the latest version is available:
https://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.5.en-US.win64.zip
0
chokito
10/20/2018 9:56:40 AM
 > 1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?

1.) Basically platform support. Now uses VS2017 instead of VS2015 under
Windows. A bunch of patches backported for this. ewong things we should use
this with the new infra too so this will stay.

2.) Security backports. See the mozilla-esr60_xx.patch files:

http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/patches/git/mozilla-esr52/mozilla-esr60_449884.patch

More to come here before an official release.

A few wip fixes which still need some work but are stable:

http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/patches/git/comm-esr52/

And also some fixes in review or not yet checked in.

FRG

Ant wrote:
> Questions:
> 1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?
> 2. Is there a http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.win64.zip
> somewhere?
>

> On 10/12/2018 8:09 PM, Ant wrote:
>> Thanks! I do use the updated Flash plugins from Adobe. Flash is rarely used
>> though. Oops, I meant to say UNofficial 64-bit. :(
>>

>> On 10/12/2018 1:26 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>>> You can have both x86 and x64 installed. There is no 64 Bit official 2.49
>>> available. Everything Windows x64 is unoffical. 2.49.5 has fixes over
>>> 2.49.4 but the profiles are interchangable. Extensions should work in both
>>> versions. The x64 version only supports Flash if you still use plugins. It
>>> will update DOMi to 2.0.17.2. I never found the time to put the updated
>>> version on AMO.
>>>
>>> If unsure do a profile backup and just try it. I also use NoScript 5.1.9
>>> together with uBlock 1.16.4.4. You memory problems might well be tracker
>>> and third party scripts running amok.
>>>
>>> FRG

0
Frank
10/20/2018 11:07:15 AM
On 10/20/2018 2:56 AM, chokito wrote:
> Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018 01:26:50 UTC+2 schrieb Ant:
>> Questions:
>> 1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?
>> 2. Is there a
>> http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.win64.zip somewhere?
>>
> Always only the latest version is available:
> https://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.5.en-US.win64.zip

Hmm OK. I finally downloaded, extracted, and ran the portable version
after backing up my profile. I noticed my Mail showed events. Is this a
new feature for the future versions? I turned it off from its prompt
since I don't use it. Memory usage seems better when I opened about 18
tabs of YouTube videos (not autoplaying). Rendering like on
http://news.google.com is still slow. It's too early that this is better
for me. To be continued...
--
"Ants make up two-thirds of the biomass of all the insects. There are
millions of species of organisms and we know almost nothing about them."
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
  | |o   o| |         http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
10/20/2018 9:26:07 PM
Ant wrote on 21/10/2018 8:26 AM:
> On 10/20/2018 2:56 AM, chokito wrote:
>> Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018 01:26:50 UTC+2 schrieb Ant:
>>> Questions:
>>> 1. What is fixed in v2.49.5 from v2.49.4?
>>> 2. Is there a
>>> http://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.win64.zip somewhere?
>>>
>> Always only the latest version is available:
>> https://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.5.en-US.win64.zip
>
> Hmm OK. I finally downloaded, extracted, and ran the portable version
> after backing up my profile. I noticed my Mail showed events. Is this a
> new feature for the future versions? I turned it off from its prompt
> since I don't use it. Memory usage seems better when I opened about 18
> tabs of YouTube videos (not autoplaying). Rendering like on
> http://news.google.com is still slow. It's too early that this is better
> for me. To be continued...

When you mentioned "events", are you meaning the Calendar/Lightning,
Ant?? I think there was talk of it being incorporated into the package
..... or am I thinking of Chatzilla??

And I think wg9s' releases are, sort of, bleeding edge, so it was a good
idea to back up your profile!!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/21/2018 6:15:38 AM
On 10/20/2018 11:15 PM, Daniel wrote:
> Ant wrote on 21/10/2018 8:26 AM:
>>>>
>>> Always only the latest version is available:
>>> https://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/seamonkey-2.49.5.en-US.win64.zip
>>
>> Hmm OK. I finally downloaded, extracted, and ran the portable version
>> after backing up my profile. I noticed my Mail showed events. Is this
>> a new feature for the future versions? I turned it off from its prompt
>> since I don't use it. Memory usage seems better when I opened about 18
>> tabs of YouTube videos (not autoplaying). Rendering like on
>> http://news.google.com is still slow. It's too early that this is
>> better for me. To be continued...
>
> When you mentioned "events", are you meaning the Calendar/Lightning,
> Ant?? I think there was talk of it being incorporated into the package
> .... or am I thinking of Chatzilla??

Yes, Calendar/Lightning thing. I was like what is this doing in here?

> And I think wg9s' releases are, sort of, bleeding edge, so it was a good
> idea to back up your profile!!

I did. ;)

However, I went back to my official 32-bit SM after using it since there
weren't really improvements. I was hoping faster speeds with better
memory managements with the crazy leaks from badly designed web sites.
Oh well! :(
--
"Yo mama's glasses are so thick, she can burn ants with them." --unknown
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\            If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
   / /\ /\ \            Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
  | |o   o| |         http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
     \ _ /
      ( )
0
Ant
10/21/2018 6:38:11 AM
They contain working versions of chatZilla, DOMi and Lightning. These should
be in the official builds too but we have problems with l10n builds.

Still tracked in:

If you only do an en-US build this works fine. If you don't want calendar you
can disable or remove it in the add-on manager.

The x64 version does imho better with bloated sites and you are unlikely to
run out of memory early. Same with big mail databases. Otherwise probably not
much improvement. This would need extensive backports. I am only doing these
for 2.53. 2.49 is security only and small improvements if possible.

FRG

Ant wrote:
> On 10/20/2018 11:15 PM, Daniel wrote:
>> Ant wrote on 21/10/2018 8:26 AM:

>>> Hmm OK. I finally downloaded, extracted, and ran the portable version after
>>> backing up my profile. I noticed my Mail showed events. Is this a new
>>> feature for the future versions? I turned it off from its prompt since I
>>> don't use it. Memory usage seems better when I opened about 18 tabs of
>>> YouTube videos (not autoplaying). Rendering like on http://news.google.com
>>> is still slow. It's too early that this is better for me. To be continued...
>>
>> When you mentioned "events", are you meaning the Calendar/Lightning, Ant?? I
>> think there was talk of it being incorporated into the package .... or am I
>> thinking of Chatzilla??
>
> Yes, Calendar/Lightning thing. I was like what is this doing in here?
>

>> And I think wg9s' releases are, sort of, bleeding edge, so it was a good
>> idea to back up your profile!!
>
> I did. ;)
>
> However, I went back to my official 32-bit SM after using it since there
> weren't really improvements. I was hoping faster speeds with better memory
> managements with the crazy leaks from badly designed web sites. Oh well! :(
0
Frank
10/21/2018 9:56:01 AM
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 21/10/2018 8:56 PM:
> They contain working versions of chatZilla, DOMi and Lightning. These
> should be in the official builds too but we have problems with l10n builds.

FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for
years. *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming language??
What??

> Still tracked in:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1231349
>
> If you only do an en-US build this works fine. If you don't want
> calendar you can disable or remove it in the add-on manager.

I've often thought that, rather than having to download the "whole Box
and Dice" package and then disable the undesired bits and pieces,
perhaps, when I want to upgrade, I should be asked which bits I want to
download (say Browser, M&N and addressbook ONLY whilst others might want
M&N, Calendar and Chatzilla ONLY), effectively making a package just for
me and another, different, package just for you, etc. In each case, the
Core (Gecko??) would be downloaded once, and the other bits added as
needs be.

But I'm guessing this would make the devs job a hell of a lot more
difficult.

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/22/2018 8:49:21 AM

 > FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for years.
 > *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming language?? What??

Basically all non en-US foreign language builds. Or your native language
build. Stricktly speaking en-US is an l10n build too but the master here and
building differently so we are not calling it l10n.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/L10n

 > But I'm guessing this would make the devs job a hell of a lot more difficult.

Not possible without modularized parts. And Firefox goes in a different
direction with what they call Gecko today. This more or and more becomes a
bloated mess mixing frontend browser parts with backend Gecko parts. Otherwise
it would be easier to stay current.

FRG

Daniel wrote:
> Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 21/10/2018 8:56 PM:
>> They contain working versions of chatZilla, DOMi and Lightning. These should
>> be in the official builds too but we have problems with l10n builds.
>
> FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for years.
> *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming language?? What??
>
>> Still tracked in:
>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1231349
>>
>> If you only do an en-US build this works fine. If you don't want calendar
>> you can disable or remove it in the add-on manager.
>
> I've often thought that, rather than having to download the "whole Box and
> Dice" package and then disable the undesired bits and pieces, perhaps, when I
> want to upgrade, I should be asked which bits I want to download (say Browser,
> M&N and addressbook ONLY whilst others might want M&N, Calendar and Chatzilla
> ONLY), effectively making a package just for me and another, different,
> package just for you, etc. In each case, the Core (Gecko??) would be
> downloaded once, and the other bits added as needs be.
>
> But I'm guessing this would make the devs job a hell of a lot more difficult.

0
Frank
10/22/2018 11:18:14 AM
On 2018-10-22 04:49, Daniel wrote:
> FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for
> years. *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming language??
> What??

	An abbreviation of localization.  The 10 stands for the ten letters
left out between the l and the n.

-Steve
0
Steve
10/22/2018 3:33:43 PM
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 22/10/2018 10:18 PM:
>  >
>  > FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for
> years.
>  > *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming language?? What??
>  >

> Basically all non en-US foreign language builds. Or your native language
> build. Stricktly speaking en-US is an l10n build too but the master here
> and building differently so we are not calling it l10n.
>
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/L10n
>
>  > But I'm guessing this would make the devs job a hell of a lot more
> difficult.
>
> Not possible without modularized parts. And Firefox goes in a different
> direction with what they call Gecko today. This more or and more becomes
> a bloated mess mixing frontend browser parts with backend Gecko parts.
> Otherwise it would be easier to stay current.
>
> FRG

Thanks for that, FRG.

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
10/23/2018 8:22:24 AM
Steve Dunn wrote on 23/10/2018 2:33 AM:
> On 2018-10-22 04:49, Daniel wrote:
>> FRG, I've seen "l10n builds", and the problems with it, mentioned for
>> years. *What is it* ?? A Real World language?? A Programming
>> language?? What??
>
>      An abbreviation of localization.  The 10 stands for the ten letters
> left out between the l and the n.
>
> -Steve

Ah!! It all makes sense, now!! Thanks Steve!!