2.3.2 update failed on XP limited user, upgraded from Admin, but limited user still sees "upgrade failed"

On a Windows XP system my daughter uses, she runs SeaMonkey from a
regular/limited user account.  The 2.3.2 upgrade was attempted, but
failed.  I then performed the upgrade from an administrator account,
successfully.  However, when using the limited user account, SeaMonkey
reports "upgrade failed" whenever it starts.

Bob
0
Bob
9/6/2011 2:48:37 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13597 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:48:37 -0400, /Bob Fleischer/:

> On a Windows XP system my daughter uses, she runs SeaMonkey from a
> regular/limited user account. The 2.3.2 upgrade was attempted, but
> failed. I then performed the upgrade from an administrator account,
> successfully. However, when using the limited user account,
> SeaMonkey reports "upgrade failed" whenever it starts.

See if the following could help:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_update#Software_Update_Failed

Particularly: "If the problem continues, you can manually reset the
Software Update feature by closing your Mozilla application and
deleting the "updates" folder and the two files "active-update.xml"
and "updates.xml", which can be found in one of these locations...".
  For SeaMonkey the locations are:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/profiles#location

--
Stanimir