'Import' Function in SM v.2.53.2

Is there a good tutorial on how SM v.2.53.2 'import' function works?

I.e., what form must files be in to be imported?  Must the import be
from a complete installation of the source browser? Where must the items
to be imported be located - same PC, DVD, flash drive, or where?  What
does the 'Import All' include?

Many thanks, in advance, for any and assistance.
0
Henrik37
6/29/2020 3:28:36 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13525 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Henrik37 wrote:
> Is there a good tutorial on how SM v.2.53.2 'import' function works?
>
> I.e., what form must files be in to be imported?  Must the import be
> from a complete installation of the source browser? Where must the items
> to be imported be located - same PC, DVD, flash drive, or where?  What
> does the 'Import All' include?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any and assistance.

The only "Import" functions I can see in my - admittedly older -
Seamonkey are in the Mail/News/Calendar module,
- One is under "Events and Tasks", it is almost certainly so you can
import Calendar-Events into Lightning.
- One is under "Tools" and is probably so you can import emails.
Have I missed something?

What do you actually want to import?  If you are copying (transferring)
an entire Profile from one machine to another then you do that while
Seamonkey is not running.  A suggestion: Delete your Cache (browser,
Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache) before you start copying
profiles, that helps on some OSes.
You are using Windows 7 and I can't remember how to get to your profile
directory on that OS.  Google / DuckDuckGo should be your friend on that
front.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> The only "Import" functions I can see in my - admittedly older -
> Seamonkey are in the Mail/News/Calendar module,
> - One is under "Events and Tasks", it is almost certainly so you can
> import Calendar-Events into Lightning.
> - One is under "Tools" and is probably so you can import emails.
> Have I missed something?

You can import HTML bookmarks.

0
EE