YouTube video

Since yesterday, when I open a YouTube page I see the black screen but
the video is not playing. In the PrefBar the flash checkbox is checked.
I used to have a flash extension, but some time ago I disabled it. The
Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled. The video plays normally in an IE
tab. What could the problem be?

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html

On 11/6/2012 6:08 AM, Eustace wrote:
> Since yesterday, when I open a YouTube page I see the black screen but
> the video is not playing. In the PrefBar the flash checkbox is checked.
> I used to have a flash extension, but some time ago I disabled it. The
> Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled. The video plays normally in an IE
> tab. What could the problem be?

videos usually have another site linked the the page controlling its
javascript. If that other site is in some scriptblock, noscript,
adblock, ghostery, etc. then also the video will not play.

say, yming.com is that other site for some such site.

if you had given the link of such page, we could have checked. Currently
we can just suggest to enable all blocked urls on that page one by one
and see unblocking of which url will allow playing of video there, then
block other urls there.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

Video not supported on my Firefox
First off, I am a complete & utter newbie & non-geek. Seriously, I'm not understanding 1/2 of what I'm reading around here. But am trying... That's my little disclaimer. When I try to watch videos I'm getting an error message: "Video is currently supported on the folowing browsers: IE 6,7 for Windows, Firefox 1.5, 2, 3 for Windows, Firefox 1.5, 2, 3 for Mac and Safari 2 & 3 for Mac. Do I need some kind of plug-in or whatnot? I've heard of an app called "Wine" that's supposed to let you use Windows apps in a Linux environment. Wh...

Firefox, HTML5 video and support.
I asked this question directly to the Mozilla people, but I do not know if they are in on a weekend. I have a launch coming up tomorrow and I need to know what I am doing wrong in HTML5 code for video support. The particular web page is here: http://www.readingsbykaren.com/new/ The video, 640x480 is on the bottom of the page. I looked at a Firefox welcome video and it suggests that they support .webm but I thought they supported .ogg. If you look at the code, I start out with .mp4 video because I understand that it must be first for mobile browsers and that does work, I have c...

Firefox does Not Support Videos under windows7
hi, i installed firefox 8 under windowsXP first, it works. now it dit the same under windows7 on my notebook. but trying to run vidoes it does not work. having a look in the application part of definitions much less applications are shown. what dit i wrong. IE in windows7 works too. I need some help! have a nice day, karl On 04.12.2011 17:20 UK Time, Ksteinsky wrote: > hi, > i installed firefox 8 under windowsXP first, it works. now it dit the > same under windows7 on my notebook. but trying to run vidoes it does not > work. having a look in the application part o...

youtube videos wont play in firefox
i go on youtube and the flv video on youtube wont play inside firefox, when i went to yast it say flash player is installed, it starts to play but then goes all black. i get sound. opensuse 11.4, 64 bit thanks -- diablo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 08/27/2011 05:46 PM, diablo1 wrote: > > opensuse 11.4, 64 bit try following this guide: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/how-faq-forums/unreviewed-how-faq/459950-fix-your-flash-11-4-_64-flash-square.html -- DD [url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-C...

Firefox Support Video Contest
We've formalized the video contest ideas a bit further this week and have created a wiki page explaining the ideas: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/VideoContest Feedback (here) is much appreciated! ...

Firefox crashes while watching youtube videos.
Name: Tiffany Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox crashes while watching youtube videos. Comments: It does not crash everytime you watch a youtube video, but it does about 75% of the time. It crashes weather you are on youtube.com or another site with a youtube video on it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

youtube videos freeze firefox often
Youtube videos freeze my firefox often. This is debian4 (iceweasel), same on PclinuxOS Linux. Is there solution ? Do I need to upgrade some plugin or firefox itself ? Thanks Yakov Yakov Lerner wrote: > Youtube videos freeze my firefox often. This is > debian4 (iceweasel), same on PclinuxOS Linux. Is there solution ? > Do I need to upgrade some plugin or firefox itself ? > > Thanks > Yakov do you have flash installed? In the address bar type in about:plugins and this will display all the plugins you have. Is flash listed? If not, then you need it. If yo...

Firefox Errors with BBC and Youtube videos.
Hello, I receive the following error when I attempt to play a video file from the BBV or Youtube.: Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsSessionStore.js :: sss_writeFile :: line 2055" data: no] Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsSessionStore.js Line: 2055 Any ideas? Thank you for your help N...

native HTML5 video support in Firefox
My Firefox 6.02 fails to play native HTML5 sound. I tried it on this video: 'HTML5 Video Player | VideoJS' (http://videojs.com/) Works fine in Windows, natively played by Firefox (right clicking shows the HTML5 video dialog). In Linux Firefox the video plays OK, but without sound. I stripped my Firefox from other media plug-ins, so there is no conflict possible. How to enable native sound? Or is this a bug I should report? -- comunica2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I just tried it. Works great. The sound is impressi...

Problem with Youtube Videos with Latest Firefox
Hi. I regularly use Firefox on a Windows 7 32-bit system. I regularly run Noscript and Adblockplus as addons and I have somehow always been able to play Youtube videos, even with Adobe Flash Player disabled. With the latest version, I am unable to play Youtube videos unless I enable Adobe Flash, even though I've switched Youtube to using HTML5, which is very odd. Disabling Noscript and Adblockplus don't allow videos to play. Can anyone offer a guess as to what may have happened? I think it started with Firefox 35. -- Feel free to visit my Web site http://www.davidgo...

Problem with Youtube Videos with Latest Firefox #2
Hi. I regularly use Firefox on a Windows 7 32-bit system. I regularly run Noscript and Adblockplus as addons and I have somehow always been able to play Youtube videos, even with Adobe Flash Player disabled. With the latest version, I am unable to play Youtube videos unless I enable Adobe Flash, even though I've switched Youtube to using HTML5, which is very odd. Disabling Noscript and Adblockplus don't allow videos to play. Can anyone offer a guess as to what may have happened? I think it started with Firefox 35. -- Feel free to visit my Web site http://www.davidgo...

Youtube videos in bluish tone after updating Firefox?
Is it my imagination or Youtube videos have a strange blue tone after updating Firefox and Flash Player? For example: 'Best SMW Music 33 - Yoshi's Island - Castle - YouTube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjch8xyK-yM) For me, Yoshi's red shoe looks blue: 'SUSE Paste' (http://paste.opensuse.org/68353378) But I think I don't have the same problem with my own multimedia saved videos (avi, mp4, mpeg...) after checking a few of them... Am I the only one with that problem? -- F_style --------------------------------------------------------------...

New Firefox version cannot play youtube videos
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox version cannot play youtube videos Comments: Since the new version was updated into my system, it has been unable to play any of youtube's videos. It's quite definitely a problem with the new firefox version. It's becomeing quite a nuisance that I'm switching back to Internet Explorer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this fee...

YouTube/Flash Videos WILL NOT PLAY in Firefox
Is this ever going to be fixed? I had the problem and "fixed" it with the workaround of installing an old version of Adobe's Flash player. That worked great for a month or two until today when I encountered a video that required the latest version. I agreed to the download under the believe that this long overdue fix was certainly fixed by now. The video played fine. Then a few hours later I went to try a YouTube video and the same old bug happened! 1 second of playback followed by frozen video. I know this is free, but what's the deal with Firefox adopting the...

Firefox does not recognize youtube, stage6 etc video websites
Name: Tamer Email: sayinatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox does not recognize youtube, stage6 etc video websites Comments: Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Cookie: stream_room=595021a8b876b25165faa35dc2e88b94cywAAABLRDgzZ0RCaUNTSExEZjdNeWVqU2kxb0dCTTBqVkxCdVRTOVFTYjZXRnBrPQ==; VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=wH-JcuVzjM0; Form2cookie-http://www.youtube.com/user/skystar1111=undefined%7Cundefined; _user_prefs_galaxytraveller=emBorder%3Dfalse%26emRelated%3Dfalse; __utmz=2...

Web resources about - YouTube video - mozilla.support.firefox

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company is based in San Bruno, California , and uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated and ...

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company is based in San Bruno, California , and uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video ...

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos, and it makes use of Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety ...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
¡Comparte videos con tus amigos, familiares y el mundo!

YouTube Doubler - Mashup Helper
YouTube Doubler: Twice the Fun - Play 2 YouTubes at Once

Youtube Repeat - Repeat and Loop Videos
Repeat and Loop Videos from Youtube

YouTube Repeater - Automatically Play Videos in a Loop!
Type 'repeater' between 'youtube' and '.com' and your video will automatically repeat/replay in a loop. Use a mini player without menus or toolbars. ...

A way to link to a specific part of a youtube video
Is there a way to link to a specific part of a YouTube video? Yes.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Bagi video Anda dengan teman, keluarga, dan dunia

YouTube Converter. Download Free YouTube Converter.
❶ ★★★★★ YouTube Converter is a brand new unique entertainment program allowing any user to convert youtube videos from the largest and most popular ...