Why these pages work differently in the same Firefox profile?

In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
given by Firefox.

In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
suggestion with that same address is not given:

http://chrispederick.com/contact/

I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
(including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
address).

How can I do it?
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 4:21:40 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24024 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

Em 07-12-2017 14:21, Balaco escreveu:
> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
> given by Firefox.
>
> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>
> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>
> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
> address).
>
> How can I do it?

I want to have several ADDRESSES ...
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 4:26:51 PM
Em 07-12-2017 14:21, Balaco escreveu:
> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
> given by Firefox.
>
> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>
> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>
> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
> address).
>
> How can I do it?

Another example that does not work:

https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/compose

I do not have that same suggestion for all the recipients fields.

How can I have it?
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 5:14:53 PM
On 12/7/17 12:14 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 07-12-2017 14:21, Balaco escreveu:
>> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
>> given by Firefox.
>>
>> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
>> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>>
>> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>>
>> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
>> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
>> address).
>>
>> How can I do it?
>
> Another example that does not work:
>
> https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/compose
>
> I do not have that same suggestion for all the recipients fields.
>
> How can I have it?

Sound like a Yahoo email problem, not Firefox.

<https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop>

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
Em 07-12-2017 15:51, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 12:14 PM, Balaco wrote:
>> Em 07-12-2017 14:21, Balaco escreveu:
>>> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
>>> given by Firefox.
>>>
>>> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
>>> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>>>
>>> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>>>
>>> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
>>> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
>>> address).
>>>
>>> How can I do it?
>>
>> Another example that does not work:
>>
>> https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/compose
>>
>> I do not have that same suggestion for all the recipients fields.
>>
>> How can I have it?
>
> Sound like a Yahoo email problem, not Firefox.
>
> <https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop>

It surely is not a Yahoo only problem. The reason why I showed two
examples for Yahoo here is just eventual pages I visited in the last few
minutes.

But I also pointed http://chrispederick.com/contact/ as a page I cannot
use that suggestion I have in a Yahoo (or "an Yahoo"?) mail login page.
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 6:01:32 PM
On 12/7/17 1:01 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 07-12-2017 15:51, WaltS48 escreveu:

>>> Another example that does not work:
>>>
>>> https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/compose
>>>
>>> I do not have that same suggestion for all the recipients fields.
>>>
>>> How can I have it?
>>
>> Sound like a Yahoo email problem, not Firefox.
>>
>> <https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop>
>>

> It surely is not a Yahoo only problem. The reason why I showed two
> examples for Yahoo here is just eventual pages I visited in the last few
> minutes.
>
> But I also pointed http://chrispederick.com/contact/ as a page I cannot
> use that suggestion I have in a Yahoo (or "an Yahoo"?) mail login page.

Use Thunderbird for email. :)

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 6:06:00 PM
Em 07-12-2017 16:06, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 1:01 PM, Balaco wrote:

>>> Sound like a Yahoo email problem, not Firefox.
>>>
>>> <https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop>
>>>

>> It surely is not a Yahoo only problem. The reason why I showed two
>> examples for Yahoo here is just eventual pages I visited in the last
>> few minutes.
>>
>> But I also pointed http://chrispederick.com/contact/ as a page I
>> cannot use that suggestion I have in a Yahoo (or "an Yahoo"?) mail
>> login page.
>
> Use Thunderbird for email. :)

Oh, come on! Do not make jokes about my problem. Don't you know that
email addresses are many times used as usernames? I want them as
suggestions (to use in any form I want, and any possible field of forms)
as Firefox.
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 6:32:34 PM
On 12/7/17 1:32 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 07-12-2017 16:06, WaltS48 escreveu:

>>> It surely is not a Yahoo only problem. The reason why I showed two
>>> examples for Yahoo here is just eventual pages I visited in the last
>>> few minutes.
>>>
>>> But I also pointed http://chrispederick.com/contact/ as a page I
>>> cannot use that suggestion I have in a Yahoo (or "an Yahoo"?) mail
>>> login page.
>>
>> Use Thunderbird for email. :)
>>

> Oh, come on! Do not make jokes about my problem. Don't you know that
> email addresses are many times used as usernames? I want them as
> suggestions (to use in any form I want, and any possible field of forms)
> as Firefox.

I don't think anyone knows what you are trying to do. Anyway. I'm out
and hope you resolve your problems.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 6:42:55 PM
On 2017-12-07 11:21 AM, Balaco wrote:
> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
> given by Firefox.
>
> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>
> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>
> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
> address).
>
> How can I do it?

I'm not sure I understand. Where on each page are you seeing an address
suggestion?

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
Em 07-12-2017 18:51, Chris Ilias escreveu:
> On 2017-12-07 11:21 AM, Balaco wrote:
>> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
>> given by Firefox.
>>
>> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
>> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>>
>> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>>
>> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
>> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
>> address).
>>
>> How can I do it?
>
> I'm not sure I understand. Where on each page are you seeing an address
> suggestion?

In the yahoo page, the suggestion is given in the input where we type
out email (or yahoo user id, if it is not in a country domain). It is
the only form field in that page! The password will be typed in a
separate page.

In the second page, there is a field (the first) where we read "enter
your email address" before typing anything there.

What I expect to do with Firefox is to use any address (or other
credentials) in any form field, in any page. I do not want them to be
associated with specific websites. I do not care if, before I type
enough of an address, the set of possibilities is big - as it could be
when I do not type anything and just press arrow down (imagining that
would be what we do to see all suggestions).
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 9:14:02 PM
On 2017-12-07 4:14 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 07-12-2017 18:51, Chris Ilias escreveu:
>> On 2017-12-07 11:21 AM, Balaco wrote:
>>> In the first page, http://mail.yahoo.com/ , an address suggestion is
>>> given by Firefox.
>>>
>>> In the second page (and also others, this is not the only example) a
>>> suggestion with that same address is not given:
>>>
>>> http://chrispederick.com/contact/
>>>
>>> I want to have several address as *possible* suggestion for all fields
>>> (including everything, even what is not an explicit field for an email
>>> address).
>>>
>>> How can I do it?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand. Where on each page are you seeing an address
>> suggestion?
>>

> In the yahoo page, the suggestion is given in the input where we type
> out email (or yahoo user id, if it is not in a country domain). It is
> the only form field in that page! The password will be typed in a
> separate page.
>
> In the second page, there is a field (the first) where we read "enter
> your email address" before typing anything there.
>
> What I expect to do with Firefox is to use any address (or other
> credentials) in any form field, in any page. I do not want them to be
> associated with specific websites. I do not care if, before I type
> enough of an address, the set of possibilities is big - as it could be
> when I do not type anything and just press arrow down (imagining that
> would be what we do to see all suggestions).

Ah okay, the search suggestions on Yahoo Mail are not given by Firefox;
they are part of the Yahoo web app, just like Google's autocomplete
feature.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
Em 08-12-2017 03:54, Chris Ilias escreveu:
> On 2017-12-07 4:14 PM, Balaco wrote:

>>> I'm not sure I understand. Where on each page are you seeing an address
>>> suggestion?
>>>

>> In the yahoo page, the suggestion is given in the input where we type
>> out email (or yahoo user id, if it is not in a country domain). It is
>> the only form field in that page! The password will be typed in a
>> separate page.
>>
>> In the second page, there is a field (the first) where we read "enter
>> your email address" before typing anything there.
>>
>> What I expect to do with Firefox is to use any address (or other
>> credentials) in any form field, in any page. I do not want them to be
>> associated with specific websites. I do not care if, before I type
>> enough of an address, the set of possibilities is big - as it could be
>> when I do not type anything and just press arrow down (imagining that
>> would be what we do to see all suggestions).
>
> Ah okay, the search suggestions on Yahoo Mail are not given by Firefox;
> they are part of the Yahoo web app, just like Google's autocomplete
> feature.

They are surely given by Firefox! Or I would have them in any other
browser I use, which does *not* happen. Now, I even used that page with
javascript disabled, to confirm - and what I say is confirmed.
0
Balaco