Where are extensions stored?

If I uninstall Frefox and reinstall, do I have to download all my extensions
again (in which case I need to make a list of what they all are), or are
they stored somewhere on my hard drive where I can just access them easily?

mozilla.support.firefox 23876 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

T. Wise wrote:
> If I uninstall Frefox and reinstall, do I have to download all my extensions
> again (in which case I need to make a list of what they all are), or are
> they stored somewhere on my hard drive where I can just access them easily?

only if they were installed into the program directory.  If the
extensions are installed into the profile, then no, you don't have to
worry.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing:  A computer program will always do what
you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.

Thanks in advance,

tw

T. Wise wrote:

> Thanks - I see now they're in the profile.  And what if I move to another
> computer?  Can I just copy the profile folders over, or do I have to
> redownload them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> tw

please bottom post within these newsgroups.  That is put your reply
below the message you're responding to, thanks.

Just take your profile with you.  You can move it anywhere you want
to.  When you install FF on the new computer, it will ask you about
creating a new profile. Don't.  Just point to the old one and thats
all there should be to it.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing:  A computer program will always do what
you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.
0
gwtc
7/4/2006 7:26:02 PM
> T. Wise wrote:
>
>> Thanks - I see now they're in the profile.  And what if I move to another
>> computer?  Can I just copy the profile folders over, or do I have to
>> redownload them?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> tw
>>

> please bottom post within these newsgroups.  That is put your reply below
> the message you're responding to, thanks.
>
> Just take your profile with you.  You can move it anywhere you want to.
> When you install FF on the new computer, it will ask you about creating a
> new profile. Don't.  Just point to the old one and thats all there should
> be to it.
>
> --
> Murphy's Laws of Computing:  A computer program will always do what you
> tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.

Thanks.

not support all the firefox extensions
Name: vikram Email: vikram2k_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: not support all the firefox extensions Comments: not support all the firefox extensions. like duim show and many more.anyway it is best the old firefox Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

UTF8 support in the Firefox certificate store
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060200000708000308000907 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have created a X.509 v3 client certificate using OpenSSL. The CN and OU field contain UTF8 characters, in this case Thai characters for testing purposes. When I import this certificate into the Windows certificate store it shows all fields correctly, ie I can actually see the Thai characters I used. However when I import the certificate into Firefox (3.04) and view the certificate subject from Fi...

UTF8 support in the Firefox certificate store?
Initially I posted this on another support forum, but was kindly requested to post here instead: I have created a X.509 v3 client certificate using OpenSSL. The CN and OU field contain UTF8 characters, in this case Thai characters for testing purposes. When I import this certificate into the Windows certificate store it shows all fields correctly, ie I can actually see the Thai characters I used. However when I import the certificate into Firefox (3.04) and view the certificate subject from Firefox (tools->options->advanced->view certificates->view->details) th...

IDM extension is no longer supported in firefox
Name: Email: booboo_girl21athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: IDM extension is no longer supported in firefox Comments: I have already posted a comment earlier about my dissatisfaction of firefox blocking the IDM extension completely. It seems every time Firefox releases a new version there are a lot of problems. I remained version 2 for many years before switching to version 3.6 because I had encounter so many problems when I install the new version. I have been using the IDM program for many years and I have not had any issues with it. I don't understand this bu...

Does the Firefox OS browser support extensions?
Hello, I could not figure out whether it is possible to port Fennec extensions to the Firefox OS Browser or not. Does the Browser in Firefox OS support extensions? Thank you Julien Sobrier No, or, not yet. On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM, <julien@sobrier.net> wrote: > Hello, > I could not figure out whether it is possible to port Fennec extensions to > the Firefox OS Browser or not. Does the Browser in Firefox OS support > extensions? > > Thank you > Julien Sobrier > _______________________________________________ > dev-b2g mailing list ...

Support for XPCOM extensions in latest Firefox
Hello. I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox. However, I then show this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5 Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox? (I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?) Now, the alternative for XPCOM seems to be NPAPI, but I know that Chrome is dropping support for it. Do you support NPAPI instead? If yes, will you continue to support it? ...

Support for XPCOM extensions in letest Firefox
This is a multipart message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D010B0.D96E7E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello. I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox. However, I then show this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5 Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox? (I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?) ...

Extension Support for Higher FireFox versions
Name: jeff holicky Email: wholinetatsentdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Extension Support for Higher FireFox versions Comments: Dunno if there is a tool out there (checked a few weeks ago didn't see anything) - I have say 10+ extensions. Now for me to go out to every single extension just to see if all the extensions are updated for 2.0 is quite a time waster - just makes it that much more a pain to upgrade. It would be nice when I click extensions to see everything there TODAY but also have it say "Latest support: 1.5". So if it said that I have to wait...

Locate extensions I have not explicitly supported in Firefox 2
Without first installing Firefox 2 Release Candidates or Firefox 2 when it becomes available, do I have the means of quickly checking all of my extensions with an extension or other automatic means to see which extensions are not supported so I can check them out ahead of time. It seems to me that this should be easy to check if the maxVersion of Firefox is stored with the extension, as I don't mess with changing versions to force anything to run. If not I can look up each extension on their home pages. -- David McRitchie, Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see h...

Can anyone tell me how to create firefox extension using code on this link: http://kailaspatil.blogspot.in/2010/12/firefox-extension.html please.....
please tell me if you know about this..... eagerly waiting for reply... Thanks in advance. ...

French Dictionary support broken in Firefox 3.5 (amongst other extensions)
Why does Mozilla break lots of addons/extensions with every new "improved" release ? With 3.5 there is no French dictionary that works anymore. Hey, French is a major language. Isn't language support essential for a browser ? Mozilla should: a) Write the rules for addons so that they are not broken when you update b) Provide basic language support for the world's principal languages I have seen others complain about this, but obviously it is not a high priority for Mozilla. It should be because this is a major defect that will cause people to switch browsers. On ...

Can anyone tell me how to create firefox extension using code on this link: http://kailaspatil.blogspot.in/2010/12/firefox-extension.html please.....
please tell me if you know about this..... eagerly waiting for reply... Thanks in advance. ...

Beta version of the Firefox Accessibility Extension 1.1 with ARIA support available
A new beta version of the Firefox Accessibility Extension is available from the Firefox Extension website that implements features to debug web pages using the new W3C ARIA specifications [1,2,3]: http://firefox.cita.uiuc.edu#beta The features are under the "Scripting" menu and Toolbar options. ----------------------------------------------------- Beta Test Pages There are also some beta versions of ARIA test pages at: http://www.disability.uiuc.edu/ita/brasic/citaweb/test/aria/ NOTE: Please do not link to these test pages, since the final url will be in a different ...

Firefox Extension: Firefox IDN Info
Firefox Extension: Firefox IDN Info http://4t2.cc/mozilla/idn/ (I didn't install so I cannot comment further) followup to grc.security -- Kayode Okeyode http://del.icio.us/kayodeok In article <cv9v1n$1us4$2@news.grc.com>, kayodeok writes >Firefox Extension: Firefox IDN Info >http://4t2.cc/mozilla/idn/ Looks interesting. >(I didn't install so I cannot comment further) I think I'll hold off too. I have no idea who 4t2.cc is, and the issue isn't important enough to me research whether the site is legit or not. :-) Spoofstick will give m...

Firefox extension show up at the TB extension site
When I do a search for extensions at the Thunderbird extension website: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/extensions/ I get a bunch of extensions which don't even work in Thunderbird and which in fact are intended for Firefox. This has been happening for a very long time too, and I don't know who to complain to about it. Does anybody know a way around this problem or why it's happening? TIA -- John Corliss On 06/13/2015 10:04 AM, John Corliss wrote: > When I do a search for extensions at the Thunderbird extension website: > > https://addons....