When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT  ALL WINDOWS?
This bug needs to be fixed!

Jay

"Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org...
> When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
> It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT  ALL WINDOWS?
> This bug needs to be fixed!

Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs
Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the  tab bar

The second one will stop Firefox from closing when there is only
one tab and you close it,   but  it should only close that Firefox Window.

How are you attempting to close the tab,  with
    shortcut,  or close button on the tab bar (or individual Tab).
What operating system, what version of Firefox.

Ctrl+W                Close Tab
Ctrl+Shift+W      Close Window    (also Alt+F4)
Ctrl+Q                  closes Firefox

The  [X]  in the upper right,  closes the Window
File,  Exit (or Quit)                  closes Firefox

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,   extensions I use are briefly documented on my site

0
David
7/12/2008 8:20:02 AM
Jay wrote:
> When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
> It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT  ALL WINDOWS?
> This bug needs to be fixed!
>
> --

I opened a second firefox window .. clicked the big X on the first one
... the second one stayed open.

Did it again and closed the 2nd window with the big X, and still only
one closed, one open.

Any more details on how to replicate this - specific URL ?
0
Yeebok

When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well.
Name: Jean-Victor Côté Email: jean-vdotcoteatsympatico.ca Product: Firefox Summary: When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well. Comments: It does not always happen, but it is as if all windows were tabs of the same window that closes without warning when a particular tab is closed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Closing one window closes Firefox
Hi, I'm trying to understand some quite weird behaviour: when I close a popup window that has been opened by a particular webpage, the entire browser closes, no matter what. Try this: http://www.amazon.com/product/dp/B0006Z2KXO/ (Amazon "Dinner At Eight" DVD) Now click "See larger image" to open a new window -- when I close that one, Firefox closes silently, no questions asked. This does not happen elsewhere, even with another Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/product/dp/B0000CNTLU/ (Amazon: "Beethoven Symphonies, Toscanini") Completely norm...

Close the main window of firefox without close the download window
Name: Diogo Email: douttorxatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close the main window of firefox without close the download window Comments: IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and after I open again THEN my pages opened when I closed was saved but IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and give opened the Download Window THEN when I open again the Main Window of Firefox without close the Download Window the pages isn't save Why does it happen? Thanks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3....

Firefox does not close after i close the window
Name: William Kearney Email: wjk69athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox does not close after i close the window Comments: Hi I have been using firefox for years now and have not had a problem like this but the past few months now I shut down firefox and come back however long later or even right away as I accidentally and absent mindlessly close it Lol, and get told I cant cause it still running in the back ground ?:s so what is the cause of this and is there a way I can fix that? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) ...

Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window
Name: Igor Email: igordotivanovatlistdotru Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window Comments: Sometimes after closing Firefox window by X button I find its process is still alive. So I can't run Firefox again without killing this process manually. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; ru; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 MRA 5.4 (build 02647) Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide o...

"top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives?
Hi Team, "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives? Thanks, Bhavesh. On 09-04-2008 14:27 CET, Bhavesh Kamani composed this enchanting statement: > Hi Team, > > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other > alternatives? > > Thanks, > > There may be window tabs open that need user confirmation for closure. File exit, may be? -- Kind regards, Melchert (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0) On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Melchert Fruitema <me...

Close one window both window close bug
Name: Arquib Ismail Email: arquibismail123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close one window both window close bug Comments: When i have 2 firefox windows open and i close one window by richtclicking on one firefox window on the taskbar and click close both windows close. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

i closed the downloads window and it closed firefox
Name: mario Product: Firefox Summary: i closed the downloads window and it closed firefox Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 for windows i closed the downloads window and it closed the whole program it also crashes way too often. Sometimes i double click the icon to launch firefox and it doesn't start, which happens after firefox crashed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze
Name: Sebastian Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze Comments: The problem stated above happend quite often after Firefox was running for some time 3-4 Hours. When restarting Firefox a message that firefox was already running popped of, and the process had to be stopped via task manager (ctrl alt del). Second thing I recognized was when starting 2-3 memory intense Flash-Applications in tabs firefox would freeze (games f...

continually has errors that close Firefox when more than one window is open at a time
Name: scott haney Email: shaneyatforestriverincdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: continually has errors that close Firefox when more than one window is open at a time Comments: Nearly every time I have more than one window open at a time (and even sometimes when only one window is open), Firefox tells me it has encountered an error and must close. Every time, I send the message to you to let you know what has happened. I have only had Firefox on my computer for less than 2 weeks and am just about ready to delete it and find a server that can handle my usage. Browser Detai...

When user close firefox, literally close firefox
Name: tommy Email: tommytong888athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: When user close firefox, literally close firefox Comments: The most annoying thing in firefox, is that when you close firefox, you can't reopen firefox right away. Firefox is a fast browser, however if you consider the time it takes for you to go to task manager each time to end process before you can start a new session with firefox, firefox is the slowest browser in the market. My suggestion is to have a feature where when user closes firefox, forcefully close firefox, I really don't care ab...

Closing View Source window closes Firefox
This happened to me many months ago and I was going to pursue it further, but it got buried in the chaff and I forgot about it. It happened to me again, today, though. I clicked on View - Source for a web page I'm looking at (a dynamic Php page that is on my hard drive, served through an Apache server running on my PC, if that is what matters) and when I click on the X in the top right corner of the View Source window - Firefox completely closes. This * very rarely* happens so I don't what could be triggering it. Has anyone else seen this happen? (This is in Fir...

i think you guys should allow firefox to save the tabs already opend after the firefox windows are all closed.
Name: alex merenkov Email: alexmerenkovatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: i think you guys should allow firefox to save the tabs already opend after the firefox windows are all closed. Comments: in opera 9.5 they allow you to save the pages already opend in the browser when you go to close the browser i think this shoudl be implemented into firefox as well, because sometimes i would like to close firefox completely but do not want to lose the pages ive already opend into tabs. usually i have to open up the task manager and kill firefox.exe in order for it to save the tab...

How do I keep firefox from shutting down when I close a window, with other windows open?
I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? ---> > I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and > firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no > warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple > tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? If you use the menu item File ->...

Web resources about - When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! - mozilla.support.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...