Weird scrolling problem in Mozilla Firefox - Esp. on eBay

This weird scrolling problem has actually been occurring on my PC, which is=
 an HP Pavilion p7-1155 that runs on Windows 7, for years, but lately it ha=
s often become so bad that I decided it's finally time to fix it for good. =
 That is, some evenings when I'm using Mozilla Firefox (currently using ver=
sion 50.1.0), to scroll down the pages of search results on eBay, esp. when=
 I've had it set to list the maximum of 200 items per page, the scrolling i=
s extremely difficult, troublesome, & slow - not at all smooth & fast.  It'=
s very stiff & herky-jerky.  But if I change the setting to fewer items per=
 page, such as 100 or 50, then there's some improvement - the fewer items p=
er page the better.

What could possibly cause this, and what can I do about it?  Any attempt or=
 effort to help in any way whatsoever will be greatly well-appreciated.  Th=
anks.
0
Lee
1/4/2017 5:05:09 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23534 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 2017-01-04 12:05, Lee wrote:
> This weird scrolling problem has actually been occurring on my PC, which is an HP Pavilion p7-1155 that runs on Windows 7, for years, but lately it has often become so bad that I decided it's finally time to fix it for good.  That is, some evenings when I'm using Mozilla Firefox (currently using version 50.1.0), to scroll down the pages of search results on eBay, esp. when I've had it set to list the maximum of 200 items per page, the scrolling is extremely difficult, troublesome, & slow - not at all smooth & fast.  It's very stiff & herky-jerky.  But if I change the setting to fewer items per page, such as 100 or 50, then there's some improvement - the fewer items per page the better.
>
> What could possibly cause this, and what can I do about it?  Any attempt or effort to help in any way whatsoever will be greatly well-appreciated.  Thanks.

The browser is downloading the page, 200 items take more RAM than 50 or
100. Since eBay includes graphics, there's a lot of data to be handling
in real time.

You say this has been happening "for years", which suggests
a) you have a slow machine with insufficient RAM; and/or
b) the hard drive is low on space, which means the page file has to be
purged while it is being rewritten; and/or
c) you have too many tabs open, which means the browser is using a large
amount of RAM (see b).

If you can, add RAM to your machine. It should have 4GB if possible.
Everything will run faster.

Also, clean up your machine. The Windows utility for this is adequate,
but 3rd party ones like CCleaner are better.

HTH

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 01/04/2017 12:05 PM, Lee wrote:
> This weird scrolling problem has actually been occurring on my PC, which is an HP Pavilion p7-1155 that runs on Windows 7, for years, but lately it has often become so bad that I decided it's finally time to fix it for good.  That is, some evenings when I'm using Mozilla Firefox (currently using version 50.1.0), to scroll down the pages of search results on eBay, esp. when I've had it set to list the maximum of 200 items per page, the scrolling is extremely difficult, troublesome, & slow - not at all smooth & fast.  It's very stiff & herky-jerky.  But if I change the setting to fewer items per page, such as 100 or 50, then there's some improvement - the fewer items per page the better.
>
> What could possibly cause this, and what can I do about it?  Any attempt or effort to help in any way whatsoever will be greatly well-appreciated.  Thanks.

What is your internet speed?
I just move to a new place and went from 75/75 speed to 20/20.   It's
not bad but when I do list store searches and say show all results, yes,
it's jerky.   I'm using Chrome and Chrome may be loading as I scroll
rather than all at once, I don't know, but I just know that with the
slower speed I've just started seeing things like this pop up.    Not
that I didn't expect it.

0
Big
--------------010405000505030108050406

On 04/01/2017 17:05, Lee wrote:
> This weird scrolling problem has actually been occurring on my PC, which is an HP Pavilion p7-1155 that runs on Windows 7, for years, but lately it has often become so bad that I decided it's finally time to fix it for good.  That is, some evenings when I'm using Mozilla Firefox (currently using version 50.1.0), to scroll down the pages of search results on eBay, esp. when I've had it set to list the maximum of 200 items per page, the scrolling is extremely difficult, troublesome, & slow - not at all smooth & fast.  It's very stiff & herky-jerky.  But if I change the setting to fewer items per page, such as 100 or 50, then there's some improvement - the fewer items per page the better.
>
> What could possibly cause this, and what can I do about it?  Any attempt or effort to help in any way whatsoever will be greatly well-appreciated.  Thanks.
Have you tried some other browsers to test your theory that scrolling is
weird?

Internet Explorer
Google Chrome
Safari

You may not have installed Chrome or Safari but try Internet Explorer.

My hunch feeling is that Ebay website is poorly designed and images
should always load in the background but the entire page, that is mainly
text, should load instantly and images as and when scrolling takes
place.  I have never used eBay website so I can't test anything here.

--

If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this article:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters>

With over 400 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------010405000505030108050406

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.1151.1483550900.19728.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">This weird scrolling problem has actually been occurring on my PC, which is an HP Pavilion p7-1155 that runs on Windows 7, for years, but lately it has often become so bad that I decided it's finally time to fix it for good.  That is, some evenings when I'm using Mozilla Firefox (currently using version 50.1.0), to scroll down the pages of search results on eBay, esp. when I've had it set to list the maximum of 200 items per page, the scrolling is extremely difficult, troublesome, &amp; slow - not at all smooth &amp; fast.  It's very stiff &amp; herky-jerky.  But if I change the setting to fewer items per page, such as 100 or 50, then there's some improvement - the fewer items per page the better.

What could possibly cause this, and what can I do about it?  Any attempt or effort to help in any way whatsoever will be greatly well-appreciated.  Thanks.
</pre>
        browsers to test your theory that scrolling is weird?  <br>
        Internet Explorer<br>
        Google Chrome<br>
        Safari<br>
        You may not have installed Chrome or Safari but try Internet
        Explorer.<br>
    My hunch feeling is that Ebay website is poorly designed and images
    should always load in the background but the entire page, that is
    mainly text, should load instantly and images as and when scrolling
    takes place.  I have never used eBay website so I can't test
    anything here.<br>
        If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this
        article:<br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters">&lt;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters&gt;</a><br>
        In step 7 select "Delete"<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 400 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------010405000505030108050406--
0
Good