Web Developer page and Firefox 57

How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded page
stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its opening
once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on subsequent openings
of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger

TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw

Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/14/2017 9:45:26 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23924 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 11/14/17 4:45 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded page
> stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its opening
> once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on subsequent openings
> of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger
>

> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw
>
> Dave Pyles

Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
number and update channel you are using.

The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
Options > General.

Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you have
learned more?

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
On 11/15/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/14/17 4:45 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
>> How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded
>> page stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its
>> opening once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on
>> subsequent openings of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
>> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger
>>

>> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw
>>
>> Dave Pyles
>
> Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
> this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
> number and update channel you are using.
>
> The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
> Options > General.
>
> Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you have
> learned more?

It's not set as my home page. I clicked every link on the page but it
continued to load with each subsequent reopening of Firefox. I removed
Web Developer and closed then reopened the browser and the page did not
load.  I re-downloaded and installed Web Developer and the page is back,
reloading with each reopening of the browser, so I think the problem in
in the extension.  I wrote to Chris Pederick, the extension author,
about the problem.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/15/2017 1:26:35 PM
On 11/15/2017 8:26 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/14/17 4:45 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
>>> How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded
>>> page stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its
>>> opening once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on
>>> subsequent openings of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger
>>>

>>> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw
>>>
>>> Dave Pyles
>>
>> Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
>> this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
>> number and update channel you are using.
>>
>> The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
>> Options > General.
>>
>> Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you have
>> learned more?
>>

> It's not set as my home page. I clicked every link on the page but it
> continued to load with each subsequent reopening of Firefox. I removed
> Web Developer and closed then reopened the browser and the page did not
> load.  I re-downloaded and installed Web Developer and the page is back,
> reloading with each reopening of the browser, so I think the problem in
> in the extension.  I wrote to Chris Pederick, the extension author,
> about the problem.
> Dave Pyles
It was a bug in the extension.  Here's the reply from Chris to my direct
email:

Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that just
went live:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/

Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/15/2017 5:58:54 PM
On 11/15/2017 8:26 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/14/17 4:45 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
>>> How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded
>>> page stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its
>>> opening once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on
>>> subsequent openings of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger
>>>

>>> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw
>>>
>>> Dave Pyles
>>
>> Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
>> this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
>> number and update channel you are using.
>>
>> The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
>> Options > General.
>>
>> Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you have
>> learned more?
>>

> It's not set as my home page. I clicked every link on the page but it
> continued to load with each subsequent reopening of Firefox. I removed
> Web Developer and closed then reopened the browser and the page did not
> load.  I re-downloaded and installed Web Developer and the page is back,
> reloading with each reopening of the browser, so I think the problem in
> in the extension.  I wrote to Chris Pederick, the extension author,
> about the problem.
> Dave Pyles
It was a bug in the extension.  Here's the reply from Chris to my direct
email:

Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that just
went live:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/

Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/15/2017 5:59:17 PM
On 11/15/2017 7:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/14/17 4:45 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
>> How can I stop Chris Pederick's Web Developer Installed or Upgraded
>> page stop loading each time I start Firefox 57.  I can understand its
>> opening once after the upgrade to 57 is installed but not on
>> subsequent openings of the browser.  Here's the URL that's opening:
>> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/?utm_source=firefox-dev-tools&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=betadoorhanger
>>

>> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/ydg5pybw
>>
>> Dave Pyles
>
> Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
> this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
> number and update channel you are using.
>
> The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
> Options > General.
>
> Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you have
> learned more?

It was a bug in the extension.  It's fixed now.  Here is the reply from
the extension author to my email:
Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that just
went live:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/

Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/15/2017 6:01:36 PM
On 11/15/17 12:58 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 8:26 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:

>>> Well, that is confusing, since the Web Developer version is 58.0b3 at
>>> this time. Check Help > Troubleshooting information for the version
>>> number and update channel you are using.
>>>
>>> The only thing I can think of is you have it set as your home page in
>>> Options > General.
>>>
>>> Clicking the Learn More button doesn't dismiss the page after you
>>> have learned more?
>>>

>> It's not set as my home page. I clicked every link on the page but it
>> continued to load with each subsequent reopening of Firefox. I removed
>> Web Developer and closed then reopened the browser and the page did
>> not load.  I re-downloaded and installed Web Developer and the page is
>> back, reloading with each reopening of the browser, so I think the
>> problem in in the extension.  I wrote to Chris Pederick, the extension
>> author, about the problem.
>> Dave Pyles
> It was a bug in the extension.  Here's the reply from Chris to my direct
> email:
>
> Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that just
> went live:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
>
> Dave Pyles

Awesome!

What does the extension add that isn't already in the native developers
tools or developer edition?

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 7:40:21 PM
On 11/15/2017 2:40 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/15/17 12:58 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:

>>> It's not set as my home page. I clicked every link on the page but it
>>> continued to load with each subsequent reopening of Firefox. I
>>> removed Web Developer and closed then reopened the browser and the
>>> page did not load.  I re-downloaded and installed Web Developer and
>>> the page is back, reloading with each reopening of the browser, so I
>>> think the problem in in the extension.  I wrote to Chris Pederick,
>>> the extension author, about the problem.
>>> Dave Pyles
>> It was a bug in the extension.  Here's the reply from Chris to my
>> direct email:
>>
>> Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that
>> just went live:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
>>
>> Dave Pyles
>
> Awesome!
>
> What does the extension add that isn't already in the native developers
> tools or developer edition?

Possibly nothing, but I have used the Web Developer Toolbar for years
because I like the convenience of the toolbar.  The new version doesn't
have the toolbar, though, but just a toolbar-like popup when one clicks
the the icon on the regular Firefox toolbar.  It's not nearly as
convenient, so I may find myself not using it as regularly.
Dave Pyles

0
Dave
11/15/2017 9:09:10 PM
On 11/15/17 4:09 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 2:40 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> It was a bug in the extension.  Here's the reply from Chris to my
>>> direct email:
>>>
>>> Sorry, this was a bug and should be fixed in the 2.0.1 release that
>>> just went live:
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
>>>
>>> Dave Pyles
>>
>> Awesome!
>>
>> What does the extension add that isn't already in the native
>> developers tools or developer edition?
>>
> Possibly nothing, but I have used the Web Developer Toolbar for years
> because I like the convenience of the toolbar.  The new version doesn't
> have the toolbar, though, but just a toolbar-like popup when one clicks
> the the icon on the regular Firefox toolbar.  It's not nearly as
> convenient, so I may find myself not using it as regularly.
> Dave Pyles

You mean the door hanger menu with Toggle Tools, Web Console, Inspector
and more in a list?

Click Toggle Tools or learn the key combination. I think Toggle Tools is
what you are looking for.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 10:56:52 PM
On 11/15/2017 5:56 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/15/17 4:09 PM, Dave Pyles wrote:

>>> Awesome!
>>>
>>> What does the extension add that isn't already in the native
>>> developers tools or developer edition?
>>>
>> Possibly nothing, but I have used the Web Developer Toolbar for years
>> because I like the convenience of the toolbar.  The new version
>> doesn't have the toolbar, though, but just a toolbar-like popup when
>> one clicks the the icon on the regular Firefox toolbar.  It's not
>> nearly as convenient, so I may find myself not using it as regularly.
>> Dave Pyles
>>

> You mean the door hanger menu with Toggle Tools, Web Console, Inspector
> and more in a list?
>
> Click Toggle Tools or learn the key combination. I think Toggle Tools is
> what you are looking for.

That's not what I'm looking for.  It's working fine for me now.  Thanks.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave