Video

I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected" and
a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get the
same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can anything
be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest version of DirectX.
0
Martin

Martin Edwards wrote:

> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected" and
> a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get the
> same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can anything
> be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest version of DirectX.
Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it out?  Thanks

--
Computer Points to Ponder #5:  If a food processor slices and dices
food, what does a word processor do?
Martin Edwards wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>
>>Martin Edwards wrote:
>>

>>>I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>>>and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>>>the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>>>anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>>>version of DirectX.
>>
>>Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it out?  Thanks
>>

> No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
then read the previous postings within this newsgroup.  Its been
discussed many times.

--
Computer Points to Ponder #7: Why do most software developers call
bugs they can't fix, features?
gwtc wrote:

> Martin Edwards wrote:
>

>>gwtc wrote:

>>>Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it out?  Thanks
>>>

>>No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
>
> then read the previous postings within this newsgroup.  Its been
> discussed many times.

also, check your clock.  You're way off.

--
Computer Points to Ponder #7: Why do most software developers call
bugs they can't fix, features?
0
gwtc
6/13/2006 6:50:10 PM
gwtc wrote:
> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>> and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>> the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>> anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>> version of DirectX.
>
> Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it out?  Thanks

No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
0
Martin
6/14/2006 2:46:53 AM

Martin Edwards wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
> > gwtc wrote:

> >> then read the previous postings within this newsgroup.  Its been
> >> discussed many times.
> >>
> > also, check your clock.  You're way off.
> >
> I'm not: I'm in England.  Thanks for your help.  This is the kind of
> thing that makes Usenet worthwhile.

Then your location is way off <g>
For times to show correctly on usenet/email, each computer must have two
things set correctly, the time for where it is, and WHERE it is! Otherwise
the computer cant calculate what 'time zone' you are in, and apply the proper
'offset'
For example, even tho you are in England, the 'offset' you computer is using
says it thinks its in New York or Chicago - so the 'times' showing are really
OFF!

Check your computers time AND where it thinks it is!

0
MC
6/14/2006 6:58:10 PM
_Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 10:40 PM:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>> also, check your clock.  You're way off.
>
> I'm not: I'm in England.  Thanks for your help.  This is the kind of
> thing that makes Usenet worthwhile.

The time stamp on your post is:
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:40:36 -0700

That "-0700" mean you're seven hours behind Greenwich time. Now, I
/know/ England's not /that/ big. :-) Check your computer's time zone
setting.

BTW, this isn't usenet.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 10:40 PM:
>> gwtc wrote:
>>
>>> also, check your clock.  You're way off.
>>
>> I'm not: I'm in England.  Thanks for your help.  This is the kind of
>> thing that makes Usenet worthwhile.
>
> The time stamp on your post is:
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:40:36 -0700
>
> That "-0700" mean you're seven hours behind Greenwich time. Now, I
> /know/ England's not /that/ big. :-) Check your computer's time zone
> setting.
>
> BTW, this isn't usenet.
Hint:
Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
good results....
0
Ron
6/15/2006 2:14:59 AM
gwtc wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>> Martin Edwards wrote:

>>> No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
>>

>> then read the previous postings within this newsgroup.  Its been
>> discussed many times.
>>
> also, check your clock.  You're way off.

I'm not: I'm in England.  Thanks for your help.  This is the kind of
thing that makes Usenet worthwhile.
0
Martin
6/15/2006 2:40:36 AM
_Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Hint:
>> Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
>> good results....
>
> And now my query?

If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You don't
need to ask again.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Mozilla links <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
6/15/2006 9:22:34 PM

Chris Ilias wrote:

> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:
> > Ron Hunter wrote:
> >> Hint:
> >> Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
> >> good results....
> >
> > And now my query?
>
> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You don't
> need to ask again.

I, for one, would appreciatte a url it occurs on, just to be certain we are
speaking of the same video file.

0
gerald
6/15/2006 9:33:18 PM
On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
Edwards to generate the following:? :

> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
> and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
> the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
> anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
> version of DirectX.

there is a registry patch for this problem...
PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...

reg
0
squaredancer
6/15/2006 10:14:27 PM
squaredancer wrote:
> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
> Edwards to generate the following:? :
>
>> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>> and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>> the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>> anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>> version of DirectX.
>
> there is a registry patch for this problem...
> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>
> reg
Get the Media Player Connectivity Pluggin. Works Great. Sounds like Tony
the Tiger.
0
caver1
6/15/2006 10:41:01 PM
Martin Edwards <buzzard554@fastmail.co.uk> wrote in

> gwtc wrote:
>> Martin Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device
>>> detected" and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already
>>> have it.  If I get the same URL up with the player, I get
>>> "Class not recognized".  Can anything be done about this? I
>>> am on W98SE, but have the latest version of DirectX.
>>
>> Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it
>> out?  Thanks
>>
> No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.

Well, since it doesn't "always" happen for everyone everywhere,
you need to provide an URL.  Without an URL, your question can
not be answered.

But CNN does cause problems.  No solution posted here has allowed
me to view CNN video.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

The problem with troubleshooting is that real trouble shoots
back.
0
Christopher
6/15/2006 11:35:57 PM
squaredancer wrote:

> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
> Edwards to generate the following:? :
>

>>I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>>and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>>the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>>anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>>version of DirectX.
>

> there is a registry patch for this problem...
> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>
> reg
Dan isn't at his usual computer so I doubt he has that info

--
Computer Points to Ponder #9: Why do they call it a hard disk if its
damaged with the slightest impact?
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:
>
>>Ron Hunter wrote:
>>
>>>Hint:
>>>Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
>>>good results....
>>
>>And now my query?
>

> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You don't
> need to ask again.
I think he had every right to ask that question.  After all the thread
ventured onto his clock problem and hasn't come back.

btw: his time is still off.

--
Computer Points to Ponder #9: Why do they call it a hard disk if its
damaged with the slightest impact?
0
gwtc
6/15/2006 11:46:59 PM
gwtc wrote:
> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
>> Edwards to generate the following:? :
>>

>>> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>>> and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>>> the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>>> anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>>> version of DirectX.
>>

>> there is a registry patch for this problem...
>> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>>
>> reg
> Dan isn't at his usual computer so I doubt he has that info

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg

Only the first and fifth lines need be saved to a file.

The regedit the file.

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/16/2006 12:11:26 AM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 10:40 PM:

>>> I'm not: I'm in England.  Thanks for your help.  This is the kind of
>>> thing that makes Usenet worthwhile.
>>

>> The time stamp on your post is:
>> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:40:36 -0700
>>
>> That "-0700" mean you're seven hours behind Greenwich time. Now, I
>> /know/ England's not /that/ big. :-) Check your computer's time zone
>> setting.
>>
>> BTW, this isn't usenet.
>
> Hint:
> Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
> good results....

And now my query?
0
Martin
6/16/2006 2:29:16 AM
_gwtc_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 7:46 PM:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You
>> don't need to ask again.
> I think he had every right to ask that question.

Of course, but having a right does not equal having a need.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Mozilla links <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
6/16/2006 2:55:46 AM
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:
>
>> Ron Hunter wrote:
>>
>>> Hint:
>>> Set the time zone, then the time.  doing it the other way doesn't get
>>> good results....
>>

>> And now my query?
>

> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You don't
> need to ask again.

Oooooooooooooooooooh!
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:04:54 PM
gerald peskett wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>>_Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:

>>>And now my query?
>>
>>If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You don't
>>need to ask again.
>>

> I, for one, would appreciatte a url it occurs on, just to be certain we are
> speaking of the same video file.

It happens all the time: it doesn't work at all.
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:05:39 PM
gwtc wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> _Martin Edwards_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 10:29 PM:

>>> And now my query?
>>

>> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You
>> don't need to ask again.
>
> I think he had every right to ask that question.  After all the thread
> ventured onto his clock problem and hasn't come back.
>
> btw: his time is still off.

I think it's on now.
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:06:12 PM
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _gwtc_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 7:46 PM:
>
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>>> If someone is going to answer your question, they will do so. You
>>> don't need to ask again.
>>
>> I think he had every right to ask that question.
>

> Of course, but having a right does not equal having a need.

Need is subjective.
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:06:43 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> Martin Edwards <buzzard554@fastmail.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>gwtc wrote:

>>>Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it
>>>out?  Thanks
>>>

>>No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
>

> Well, since it doesn't "always" happen for everyone everywhere,
> you need to provide an URL.  Without an URL, your question can
> not be answered.
>
> But CNN does cause problems.  No solution posted here has allowed
> me to view CNN video.

Thanks for that.  I'll try to find one tomorrow.  The ones I just tried
do not open at all.
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:13:18 PM
caver1 wrote:
> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
>> Edwards to generate the following:? :
>>
>>> I have T1.0.6.  If I click a video page, I get "No device detected"
>>> and a link for Windows Media Player, but I already have it.  If I get
>>> the same URL up with the player, I get "Class not recognized".  Can
>>> anything be done about this? I am on W98SE, but have the latest
>>> version of DirectX.
>>

>> there is a registry patch for this problem...
>> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>>
>> reg
>
> Get the Media Player Connectivity Pluggin. Works Great. Sounds like Tony
> the Tiger.

Thanks. Where do yo get it?
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:14:17 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
>>> Edwards to generate the following:? :

>>> there is a registry patch for this problem...
>>> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>>>
>>> reg
>>
>> Dan isn't at his usual computer so I doubt he has that info
>>
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg
>
> Only the first and fifth lines need be saved to a file.
>
> The regedit the file.

Thanks.  The page is over my head in tech terms.  Is there one which
tells you what to do?
0
Martin
6/17/2006 2:16:25 PM
Martin Edwards wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> Dan isn't at his usual computer so I doubt he has that info
>>>
>> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg
>>
>> Only the first and fifth lines need be saved to a file.
>>
>> The regedit the file.
>>
> Thanks.  The page is over my head in tech terms.  Is there one which
> tells you what to do?

Copy and paste the displayed information to a new file.  (Optional) Edit
the file to include only the first and fifth text lines. close the file.

Start>>Run  regedit filename

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/17/2006 10:25:13 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg
>>>
>>> Only the first and fifth lines need be saved to a file.
>>>
>>> The regedit the file.
>>>
>> Thanks.  The page is over my head in tech terms.  Is there one which
>> tells you what to do?
>

> Copy and paste the displayed information to a new file.  (Optional) Edit
> the file to include only the first and fifth text lines. close the file.
>
> Start>>Run  regedit filename

Martin
6/18/2006 2:17:12 PM
Martin Edwards wrote:
> caver1 wrote:
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 11.06.2006 05:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Martin
>>> Edwards to generate the following:? :

>>> there is a registry patch for this problem...
>>> PING Dan - he has it listed somewhere...
>>>
>>> reg
>>
>> Get the Media Player Connectivity Pluggin. Works Great. Sounds like
>> Tony the Tiger.
>
> Thanks. Where do yo get it?
in to FF click on tools,extensions, then when that opens up click on get
more extensions. Or do a google search or go to FF's site and look under
extensions.
One thing I have found out is that occasionally when in CNN and I click
on a video clip it still tells me I need a pluggin. so I just close that
and try again and it works fine. The only place I have trouble with
still is Msnbc.
0
caver1
6/18/2006 2:25:35 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg
>>>
>>> Only the first and fifth lines need be saved to a file.
>>>
>>> The regedit the file.
>>>
>> Thanks.  The page is over my head in tech terms.  Is there one which
>> tells you what to do?
>

> Copy and paste the displayed information to a new file.  (Optional) Edit
> the file to include only the first and fifth text lines. close the file.
>
> Start>>Run  regedit filename

Sorry to  be such a goop, but I entered the address as C:\My Documents.
  How do I get the proper path?
0
Martin
6/18/2006 2:25:57 PM
caver1 wrote:

> The only place I have trouble with
> still is Msnbc.
that a look at the letters again.  Its MS thats operating the NBC
site.  Thats the Hint -- MS as in Microsoft.  Thats why it works
better in IE than FF.

--
Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Crack open your briefcase
or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"
Martin Edwards wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> Martin Edwards wrote:

>>> Thanks.  The page is over my head in tech terms.  Is there one which
>>> tells you what to do?
>>

>> Copy and paste the displayed information to a new file.  (Optional)
>> Edit the file to include only the first and fifth text lines. close
>> the file.
>>
>> Start>>Run  regedit filename
>>
> Sorry to  be such a goop, but I entered the address as C:\My Documents.
>  How do I get the proper path?

What is the filename in C:\My Documents?  If you don't remember, use
windows Explorer to look at C:\My Documents

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/18/2006 8:01:18 PM
Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> Copy and paste the displayed information to a new file.  (Optional)
>>> Edit the file to include only the first and fifth text lines. close
>>> the file.
>>>
>>> Start>>Run  regedit filename
>>>
>> Sorry to  be such a goop, but I entered the address as C:\My
>> Documents.  How do I get the proper path?
>

> What is the filename in C:\My Documents?  If you don't remember, use
> windows Explorer to look at C:\My Documents

Thanks.  I did work it out eventually and put the two lines in the
registry.  I still get the same problem with  CNN but I haven't tried
one of the suggestions above yet.  I'll report back.
0
Martin
6/20/2006 6:09:33 PM
Martin Edwards wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>
>> Martin Edwards wrote:

>>> Sorry to  be such a goop, but I entered the address as C:\My
>>> Documents.  How do I get the proper path?
>>

>> What is the filename in C:\My Documents?  If you don't remember, use
>> windows Explorer to look at C:\My Documents
>>
> Thanks.  I did work it out eventually and put the two lines in the
> registry.  I still get the same problem with  CNN but I haven't tried
> one of the suggestions above yet.  I'll report back.

Thanks to all who tried to help.  I've got a six year old computer and
I'll just have to accept that I'm not going to have video till I change it.
0
Martin
6/21/2006 6:03:51 PM
Martin Edwards wrote:

> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>>Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>>What is the filename in C:\My Documents?  If you don't remember, use
>>>windows Explorer to look at C:\My Documents
>>>

>>Thanks.  I did work it out eventually and put the two lines in the
>>registry.  I still get the same problem with  CNN but I haven't tried
>>one of the suggestions above yet.  I'll report back.
>

> Thanks to all who tried to help.  I've got a six year old computer and
> I'll just have to accept that I'm not going to have video till I change it.
hey, my computer is older than that, and I'm still using win98, and I
have no problems whatsoever.

--
I just got my new FREE Sun t-shirt today, and the saying on it says:
"The average human uses only 10% of his brainpower.  Find nine other
Martin Edwards wrote:
> Martin Edwards wrote:
>> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> What is the filename in C:\My Documents?  If you don't remember, use
>>> windows Explorer to look at C:\My Documents
>>>
>> Thanks.  I did work it out eventually and put the two lines in the
>> registry.  I still get the same problem with  CNN but I haven't tried
>> one of the suggestions above yet.  I'll report back.
>
> Thanks to all who tried to help.  I've got a six year old computer and
> I'll just have to accept that I'm not going to have video till I change it.

Have you tried updating your video driver?

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
*Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
6/21/2006 7:04:10 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> Martin Edwards <buzzard554@fastmail.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> Can you provide a link or two, so someone can go check it
>>> out?  Thanks
>>>
>> No, I mean it always happens.  CNN or whatever.
>
> Well, since it doesn't "always" happen for everyone everywhere,
> you need to provide an URL.  Without an URL, your question can
> not be answered.
>
> But CNN does cause problems.  No solution posted here has allowed
> me to view CNN video.

I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were set.
0
Alan
6/21/2006 11:29:08 PM
Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in

> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
> play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
> for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
> set.

Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video
simply won't play in the popup.

And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
YES, I installed the Activex plugin.

Video won't play.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

My favorite food is squirrel, but I want to fight with glory.
0
Christopher
6/22/2006 3:39:42 AM

Christopher Jahn wrote:

> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>
> > I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
> > play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
> > for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
> > set.
>
> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video
> simply won't play in the popup.
>
> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>
> Video won't play.

Exactly what do you mean..
'All the correct plugins'?
Which ones? And more exactly, which one is enabled?

And what occurs when you try to play a video, do you get an error message
(and if so, what's it say?), what happens?

0
MC
6/22/2006 10:36:56 AM
On 22.06.2006 05:39 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Christopher
Jahn to generate the following:? :

>Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>

>>I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
>>play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
>>for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
>>set.
>>

>Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video
>simply won't play in the popup.
>
>And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>
>Video won't play.

..... send Bill Gates a blank cheque - and get *FREE* CNN-access  *lol*

reg
0
squaredancer
6/22/2006 11:17:59 AM
"MC (temp) Dan (no email)" <nonfunctional@nowhere.org> wrote in

> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>>
>> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>>
>> > I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos
>> > to play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow
>> > popups for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the
>> > preferences were set.
>>
>> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The
>> video simply won't play in the popup.
>>
>> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>
>> Video won't play.
>>

> Exactly what do you mean..
> 'All the correct plugins'?

Every plugin ever listed on this forum, mozillazine, and the
various help site.  According to everything you've ever posted, I
should be able to view CNN video.  But I can't.

> Which ones? And more exactly, which one is enabled?

"All of them."  I have all the plugins for WMP, and they are all
enabled.

> And what occurs when you try to play a video, do you get an
> error message (and if so, what's it say?), what happens?

On THIS computer, it tells me I don't have WMP installed.  On the
other, the player appears, but video won't play.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Anything I do is purely coincidental.
0
Christopher
6/22/2006 12:09:17 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
>> play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
>> for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
>> set.
>
> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video
> simply won't play in the popup.
>
> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>
> Video won't play.

  I have found that with Media Player Connectivity pluggin when I first
click on the video link in CNN I still get the you need to get a pluggin
popup. If I close that popup and reclick on the video link then I get
the set edition popup then MPC opens I click on that then WPM opens and
the video plays. Then everything works fine for that session. The next
session I have to do the same thing again.
Have you tried this?
0
caver1
6/22/2006 12:32:43 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
>> play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
>> for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
>> set.
>
> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video
> simply won't play in the popup.
>
> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>
> Video won't play.

As an aside:  CNN no longer requires ActiveX to play videos using
WMP.

Final set of advice:

Launch Firefox in SafeMode. Clear the cache and delete all
cookies. Allow CNN.com popups.  Revisit CNN and launch video. Set
preferences when asked and see if video plays.  If it does, then
your problem is probably an extension or theme you have
installed.  If it doesn't play, I am stumped and recommend that
you install the Firefox extension called Media Player Connectivity.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=446

This extension identifies all the media players you have
installed.  When you visit a site and attempt to play videos, it
should launch the video in the external player rather than
embedded in Firefox.

0
Alan
6/22/2006 5:10:14 PM
Alan wrote:
> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
>>> play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
>>> for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
>>> set.
>>
>> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video simply
>> won't play in the popup.
>>
>> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>
>> Video won't play.
>>
> As an aside:  CNN no longer requires ActiveX to play videos using WMP.
>
> Final set of advice:
>
> Launch Firefox in SafeMode. Clear the cache and delete all cookies.
> Allow CNN.com popups.  Revisit CNN and launch video. Set preferences
> when asked and see if video plays.  If it does, then your problem is
> probably an extension or theme you have installed.  If it doesn't play,
> I am stumped and recommend that you install the Firefox extension called
> Media Player Connectivity.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=446
>
> This extension identifies all the media players you have installed.
> When you visit a site and attempt to play videos, it should launch the
> video in the external player rather than embedded in Firefox.

I know I said final set of advice, but I just remembered what I
had to do to get videos to play at netscape.com.  I set the
useragent string to Opera 8.5 via the useragent switcher firefox
extension. I have not tried this with CNN.
0
Alan
6/22/2006 5:29:10 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" <nonfunctional@nowhere.org> wrote in
>

>>Christopher Jahn wrote:
>>
>>>Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in

>>>Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The
>>>video simply won't play in the popup.
>>>
>>>And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>>>YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>>>YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>>
>>>Video won't play.
>>>

>>Exactly what do you mean..
>>'All the correct plugins'?
>

> Every plugin ever listed on this forum, mozillazine, and the
> various help site.  According to everything you've ever posted, I
> should be able to view CNN video.  But I can't.
>

>>Which ones? And more exactly, which one is enabled?
>

> "All of them."  I have all the plugins for WMP, and they are all
> enabled.
>

>>And what occurs when you try to play a video, do you get an
>>error message (and if so, what's it say?), what happens?
>

> On THIS computer, it tells me I don't have WMP installed.  On the
> other, the player appears, but video won't play.

In my case, some sites tell me the player is not installed, on others I
can play the clip but only get sound.
0
Martin
6/22/2006 6:30:20 PM
caver1 wrote:
> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>
>> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos to
>>> play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow popups
>>> for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the preferences were
>>> set.
>>

>> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The video simply
>> won't play in the popup.
>>
>> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>
>> Video won't play.
>>
>  I have found that with Media Player Connectivity pluggin when I first
> click on the video link in CNN I still get the you need to get a pluggin
> popup. If I close that popup and reclick on the video link then I get
> the set edition popup then MPC opens I click on that then WPM opens and
> the video plays. Then everything works fine for that session. The next
> session I have to do the same thing again.
> Have you tried this?

I just keep getting the plug-in warning.
0
Martin
6/22/2006 6:34:21 PM

Martin Edwards wrote:

> Christopher Jahn wrote:
> > "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" <nonfunctional@nowhere.org> wrote in

> >>Exactly what do you mean..
> >>'All the correct plugins'?
> >

> > Every plugin ever listed on this forum, mozillazine, and the
> > various help site.  According to everything you've ever posted, I
> > should be able to view CNN video.  But I can't.
> >

> >>Which ones? And more exactly, which one is enabled?
> >

> > "All of them."  I have all the plugins for WMP, and they are all
> > enabled.
> >

> >>And what occurs when you try to play a video, do you get an
> >>error message (and if so, what's it say?), what happens?
> >

> > On THIS computer, it tells me I don't have WMP installed.  On the
> > other, the player appears, but video won't play.
> >

> In my case, some sites tell me the player is not installed, on others I
> can play the clip but only get sound.

Your problem, and Chris's problem should be treated seperately, as they dont
exhibit the same. In your case, do you have the latest versions for the
plugins? I think you mentioned in connnection with another problem that your
system was old, and your plug ins might need updating to play the 'newer'
versions of some types.

0
MC
6/22/2006 10:12:45 PM
caver1 <dlarrabe@columbus.rr.com> wrote in

> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos
>>> to play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow
>>> popups for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the
>>> preferences were set.
>>
>> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The
>> video simply won't play in the popup.
>>
>> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>
>> Video won't play.
>>
>   I have found that with Media Player Connectivity pluggin
>   when I first
> click on the video link in CNN I still get the you need to get
> a pluggin popup. If I close that popup and reclick on the
> video link then I get the set edition popup then MPC opens I
> click on that then WPM opens and the video plays. Then
> everything works fine for that session. The next session I
> have to do the same thing again. Have you tried this?

Yes.  No joy.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Bad things come to those who wait too.
0
Christopher
6/23/2006 10:14:12 PM

> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>> Alan <tempuser@vacationmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I am not familiar with all that you tried to get CNN videos
>>> to play.  All I had to do to get them to play was to allow
>>> popups for cnn.com.  That allowed a popup where the
>>> preferences were set.
>>
>> Popups pop up fine.  The player springs up just fine. The
>> video simply won't play in the popup.
>>
>> And YES, I have ALL the CORRECT plugins.
>> YES, I have all the correct registry entries.
>> YES, I installed the Activex plugin.
>>
>> Video won't play.
>>
> As an aside:  CNN no longer requires ActiveX to play videos
> using WMP.
>
> Final set of advice:
>
> Launch Firefox in SafeMode. Clear the cache and delete all
> cookies. Allow CNN.com popups.  Revisit CNN and launch video.
> Set preferences when asked and see if video plays.  If it
> does, then your problem is probably an extension or theme you
> have installed.

ah HA.  That did it.  So now I know where to start.

Danke schoen.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum: I think I think, therefore I
think I am.
0
Christopher
6/23/2006 10:16:23 PM
MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>>Christopher Jahn wrote:
>>
>>>"MC (temp) Dan (no email)" <nonfunctional@nowhere.org> wrote in

>>>Every plugin ever listed on this forum, mozillazine, and the
>>>various help site.  According to everything you've ever posted, I
>>>should be able to view CNN video.  But I can't.

>>>"All of them."  I have all the plugins for WMP, and they are all
>>>enabled.

>>>On THIS computer, it tells me I don't have WMP installed.  On the
>>>other, the player appears, but video won't play.
>>>

>>In my case, some sites tell me the player is not installed, on others I
>>can play the clip but only get sound.
>

> Your problem, and Chris's problem should be treated seperately, as they dont
> exhibit the same. In your case, do you have the latest versions for the
> plugins? I think you mentioned in connnection with another problem that your
> system was old, and your plug ins might need updating to play the 'newer'
> versions of some types.

I only just dowloaded them.
0
Martin
6/24/2006 3:20:26 PM

Martin Edwards wrote:

> MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:
> >
> > Martin Edwards wrote:

> >>In my case, some sites tell me the player is not installed, on others I
> >>can play the clip but only get sound.
> >

> > Your problem, and Chris's problem should be treated seperately, as they dont
> > exhibit the same. In your case, do you have the latest versions for the
> > plugins? I think you mentioned in connnection with another problem that your
> > system was old, and your plug ins might need updating to play the 'newer'
> > versions of some types.
> >

> I only just dowloaded them.

Please install, and then tell us the results. Can you now play some videos?

0
MC
6/25/2006 12:01:13 AM
MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>>MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

>>>Your problem, and Chris's problem should be treated seperately, as they dont
>>>exhibit the same. In your case, do you have the latest versions for the
>>>plugins? I think you mentioned in connnection with another problem that your
>>>system was old, and your plug ins might need updating to play the 'newer'
>>>versions of some types.
>>>

>>I only just dowloaded them.
>

> Please install, and then tell us the results. Can you now play some videos?

Gimme a break.
0
Martin
6/25/2006 8:42:05 AM

Martin Edwards wrote:

> MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:
> >
> > Martin Edwards wrote:

> >>I only just dowloaded them.
> >

> > Please install, and then tell us the results. Can you now play some videos?
> >

> Gimme a break.

Fine, let us know the results you get from installing the new versions then

0
MC
6/25/2006 8:30:28 PM
MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

> Martin Edwards wrote:
>
>>MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

>>>Please install, and then tell us the results. Can you now play some videos?
>>>

>>Gimme a break.
>

> Fine, let us know the results you get from installing the new versions then

Upside of newsgroups: you often get good advice.
Downside: you have to put up with smartass American schoolkids.
0
Martin
6/26/2006 6:50:55 PM

> Upside of newsgroups: you often get good advice.
> Downside: you have to put up with smartass American schoolkids.

I can agree to that, as well as having to endure some maladjusted types
from GB.<G>

0
John

Video not supported on my Firefox
First off, I am a complete & utter newbie & non-geek. Seriously, I'm not understanding 1/2 of what I'm reading around here. But am trying... That's my little disclaimer. When I try to watch videos I'm getting an error message: "Video is currently supported on the folowing browsers: IE 6,7 for Windows, Firefox 1.5, 2, 3 for Windows, Firefox 1.5, 2, 3 for Mac and Safari 2 & 3 for Mac. Do I need some kind of plug-in or whatnot? I've heard of an app called "Wine" that's supposed to let you use Windows apps in a Linux environment. Wh...

Firefox does Not Support Videos under windows7
hi, i installed firefox 8 under windowsXP first, it works. now it dit the same under windows7 on my notebook. but trying to run vidoes it does not work. having a look in the application part of definitions much less applications are shown. what dit i wrong. IE in windows7 works too. I need some help! have a nice day, karl On 04.12.2011 17:20 UK Time, Ksteinsky wrote: > hi, > i installed firefox 8 under windowsXP first, it works. now it dit the > same under windows7 on my notebook. but trying to run vidoes it does not > work. having a look in the application part o...

Firefox, HTML5 video and support.
I asked this question directly to the Mozilla people, but I do not know if they are in on a weekend. I have a launch coming up tomorrow and I need to know what I am doing wrong in HTML5 code for video support. The particular web page is here: http://www.readingsbykaren.com/new/ The video, 640x480 is on the bottom of the page. I looked at a Firefox welcome video and it suggests that they support .webm but I thought they supported .ogg. If you look at the code, I start out with .mp4 video because I understand that it must be first for mobile browsers and that does work, I have c...

native HTML5 video support in Firefox
My Firefox 6.02 fails to play native HTML5 sound. I tried it on this video: 'HTML5 Video Player | VideoJS' (http://videojs.com/) Works fine in Windows, natively played by Firefox (right clicking shows the HTML5 video dialog). In Linux Firefox the video plays OK, but without sound. I stripped my Firefox from other media plug-ins, so there is no conflict possible. How to enable native sound? Or is this a bug I should report? -- comunica2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I just tried it. Works great. The sound is impressi...

Firefox Support Video Contest
We've formalized the video contest ideas a bit further this week and have created a wiki page explaining the ideas: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/VideoContest Feedback (here) is much appreciated! ...

Why does Firefox require Javascript to be on for html5 <video> support?
Both the most recent versions of Firefox and Opera support <video> of html5 for .ogv video. However, if you turn Javascript off, Firefox will not display the video, but Opera will. Of course html5 support is changing from day to day on various browsers. Sometimes Javascript on the client computer is required, but not very often. You very often can use a server side script such as php instead of Javascript. It can not be turned off and often has many other advantages. If Opera can support <video> without script being on, why can not Firefox also do so? On 10-09-21 2:40 AM,...

Firefox In Motion
Check it out, from the SpreadFirefox Marketing Team: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8a2rm_firefox-in-motion -- Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion www.ufaq.org Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support ...

no video with Firefox
http://telematin.france2.fr/?page=chronique&id_article=47260 Chrome and IE display the video embedded in the above page, but I can't see it neither with Firefox nor with Opera. Thanks for any suggestion. Am 16.06.2013 13:03, schrieb Momo: > http://telematin.france2.fr/?page=chronique&id_article=47260 > Chrome and IE display the video embedded in the above page, but I can't see it neither with Firefox nor with Opera. > Thanks for any suggestion. > No problems (FF 21.0, NoScript disabled, ABP enabled). On 2013/6/16 7:03 AM, Momo wrote: > http://telema...

Firefox Support?
Hopefully someone will answer this. I have seen several posts asking about Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses. I see that support should be there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school district. I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client. We are still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed. Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support for other browsers? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 ...

firefox video
Did everyone see the brief video of the red pandas twins at the zoo in Australia. It was on the CNN page a few days ago. /Alan Holley/ said: > Did everyone see the brief video of the red pandas twins at the zoo in > Australia. It was on the CNN page a few days ago. http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=red+panda&fr=my-myy&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8 On 17.04.2008 23:58, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Alan Holley to generate the following:? : > Did everyone see the brief video of the red pandas twins at the zoo in > Australia. It was on the C...

FIrefox support
I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support. Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links. On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? : > I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here ...

Videos in FireFox
Name: mark Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: Videos in FireFox Comments: Every time I view a video on a WEB page, I get an error regarding the DLL for Windows Media Player. I then must close out Firefox, bring up task manager then stop the process. I can't find a fix for the DLL problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Firefox support
There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. >>> Mike<curt@fordhamprep.org> 4/14/2005 10:55 AM >>> There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC Michael Fraser wrote: > No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. > > I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. > >...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Flash video window handle not destroyed when video is closed in Firefox
Hello, I have an application that uses Flash video window handles to determine whether the window exists or not. (Using IsWindow() API, wherein i pass the handle of the window). In case of this website: - http://news.tbs.co.jp/, when I play one flash content i get a handle which i save in my application. When on the same page i click on another flash content, the previous window handle is not destroyed and IsWindow() API returns non-zero. For every content that is cliked a new window opens but previous window is not destroyed, they are destroyed only when we close Firefox. This is n...

Web resources about - Video - mozilla.support.firefox

Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For films or movies, see Film . For other uses, see Video (disambiguation) . developed for cathode ray tube (CRT) television systems, but several ...

What Happens When Real Sports Money Moves Into Video Game Sports?
... the League of Legends Championship Series. When the new season begins Saturday in the world's most prominent venue for competitive video gaming, ...

Mercedes gets the 2017 E-Class on video
Filed under: Videos , Mercedes-Benz , Sedan , Hybrid , Luxury Mercedes uploads official B-roll of the 2017 E-Class, showcasing the design details ...

Video Of The Week: The Internet Of Moving Things
Here’s a short TV news report on our portfolio company Veniam and their technology that powers an “Internet of moving things.

More Fed Confessionals; Funny Oil Videos; In Search of Bullard; Inflation Expectations
... price of oil was good for the economy, San Francisco Fed president John Williams now admits " We Got It Wrong ". Click on the link for a video ...

No wonder Taylor Swift has #1 Instagram account — she's a genius at making cat videos
Taylor Swift is legitimately good at cat videos. The 26-year-old is the most-followed person on Instagram . Central to that success are her ...

Battle lines drawn for GOP candidates ahead of Iowa caucuses - Videos - CBS News
The Republican presidential nomination is growing increasingly more fractured as the primary race becomes more urgent. The first-in-the-nation ...

Did Obama Admin Speak To Sailors Before Video Apology? Congress Wants Answers
Did Obama Admin Speak To Sailors Before Video Apology?

Videos Appear To Show Tony Stewart Getting In Face Of Heckler
Multiple videos have turned up showing a guy arguing with NASCAR star Tony Stewart in the stands at the Chili Bowl. Witnesses on Twitter say ...