Very SLOW Firefox - New Installation

A bit of background. I "collect" a certain brand and model of windows
computer and as they are the same models I copy the partition to a new
disk and then put it in the new computer. This then has my favourite
programs and Windows updates already installed etc.

However Firefox is being stubborn on the latest machine, it is extremely
slow, worse than dial up. Pages take about two minutes to appear and
that's just with text showing. I haven't timed it for loading a full page.

I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection but using Opera as a USB
installation but installing it completely in one folder on my "C" drive
works fine, no lag.

With the Firefox I did the standard install and it asked if I wanted to
refresh on start-up, I agreed but then without making any further
changes its super slow.

I have to have Firefox, as the Opera "single folder" installation cannot
be made a default browser and cannot open links directly from email
links etc.

However saying that, is there a means by which Firefox can officially be
installed completely into a single folder on the "C" drive without using
third party tools to achieve this ?

Michael
0
Michael
6/10/2018 4:44:03 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow