Tabs on top saves screen space on Win 7 but not Win XP

I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop
(Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work
computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional").
The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs
to use the same vertical space as the new
Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but
on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I
don't recover any vertical space.  Is this an
OS limitation of XP?  Or can I somehow get the
space back.

By the way I really like the new look which seems
to do a good job of getting more screen space for
browsing.  The new widescreen monitors are fine for
watching movies but waste a lot of area on the top
and bottom for various bars.  I guess it's just
a matter of time until the computer apps all
realize where the space is and move the bars
to the left and right of the screen instead...

-- Gabor
0
gabor

On 11-03-24 10:40 AM, gabor wrote:
> I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop
> (Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work
> computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional").
> The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs
> to use the same vertical space as the new
> Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but
> on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I
> don't recover any vertical space.  Is this an
> OS limitation of XP?  Or can I somehow get the
> space back.

Tabs go beside the Firefox button when you have the Firefox window
maximized.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7
Using tmaskedit for socsec input. On win xp clicking in component highlights entire 9 char, in win7 enviornment only 1st 3 light up. Usiing delphi 2010 with advantage 11.1 db. ...

Firefox 2.0 tabs fail to open or toggle between tabs when clicked on (Win XP).
Name: Joe Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0 tabs fail to open or toggle between tabs when clicked on (Win XP). Comments: Firefox 2.0 tabs fail to open or toggle between tabs when clicked on (Windows XP). All tabs within the Firefox 2.0 window will fail to toggle requiring the use of the drop down list of tabs to open or toggle between each tab. This problem happens consistently with Firefox 2.0 but never occurred with Firefox 1.5. Thanks for your help! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

FF on Win 7 reverts to XP tabbing of open windows
See Subject. This morning I needed help from HP tech support from a remote connection. My problem was solved, but when I restored FF, the FF icon at the bottom of the desktop showed a list rather than a fleet of individual windows that were open. How do I fix this? It's like I have XP, I know I don't, but I have to otherwise Alt-tab. W. eWatson has written on 8/11/2010 4:07 PM: > See Subject. This morning I needed help from HP tech support from a > remote connection. My problem was solved, but when I restored FF, the FF > icon at the bottom of the desktop showed...

Have migration knowledge... win, win, win!
Submit your Unicode Migration Stories for the Delphi and C++Builder Migration Best Practices Cookbook RAD Studio 2009 empowered you, the Delphi and C++Builder developer, to deliver first class, Unicode-enabled applications to your customers. While this important development is opening new markets for your software, in some cases it may have presented a challenge for some existing applications and development techniques, especially where code has included explicit assumptions about the size of strings. We want to aid those developers faced with the task of migrating existing a...

Have migration knowledge... win, win, win!
Submit your Unicode Migration Stories for the Delphi and C++Builder Migration Best Practices Cookbook RAD Studio 2009 empowered you, the Delphi and C++Builder developer, to deliver first class, Unicode-enabled applications to your customers. While this important development is opening new markets for your software, in some cases it may have presented a challenge for some existing applications and development techniques, especially where code has included explicit assumptions about the size of strings. We want to aid those developers faced with the task of migrating existing a...

Migrating profiles from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro Firefox 19.0
I'm trying to migrate firefox profile data from an Win XP to a new computer with Win 7 Pro. I tried to copy the profile data from what was saved on a flash-drive from c:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles To C:\users\me\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles I do the copy With Firefox 19.0 closed. When I open Firefox, none of the desired bookmarks are present. What am I missing? Thanks, Bill Bill Stanton <graeaglebill@gmail.com> wrote in news:tfednblEt9-yirHMnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@mozilla.org: >I'm trying to migrate firefox profil...

Win 2000 vs Win XP
I am having a problem with a policy that effects win2k and winxp. I have replaced the shell with naldesk.exe and created a application that is a shortcut to a local app. When the app tries to print from win XP it prints fine when it tries to print from Win2K it cannot see the printer. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:50:13 GMT, Sorrento wrote: > When the app tries to print from win XP it prints > fine when it tries to print from Win2K it cannot see the printer. are you using secure / unsecure system? -- Marcus Breiden Please change -- to - to mail me. The content of this...

win 98 -> win xp
hi, when we changed the o.s from win 98 -> win xp for the clients we run in some problem : 1. when we try 2 write in date or time field the cursor blink for 1 sec and then p.b app. fall and shut down. 2. the font we used is tahoma and because of the changed it become very small what might be the problem ? thank u ...

Win 7 support
Name: taoxv88@gmail.com Email: taoxv88atgmaildotcom Product: Namoroka Summary: Win 7 support Comments: I really like how you hav eit so that each tab shows up as a different window now just like IE8 in win 7 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b2pre) Gecko/20091103 Namoroka/3.6b2pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Why no more Save As under Win 7?
I recently bought a new PC for home and migrated all my apps and settings/profiles to Win 7 64. One thing I noticed was that the Save As function is gone when I try to save web sites. Is there a way to bring that function/feature back? - Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote: > I recently bought a new PC for home and migrated all my apps and > settings/profiles to Win 7 64. One thing I noticed was that the Save > As function is gone when I try to save web sites. Is there a way to > bring that function/feature back? It's there here... Though s...

Win 7 and XP
I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated fine. When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions. Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into it. Both bootini files only show its own OS. Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup. Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions. I cant see my earlier post? "Steve" <Me@excite.com> wrote in message news:Xns9C...

XP or Win 7?
How many of you have upgraded to Win 7 from XP? I decided it was time and bought me a 3 user home upgrade of Win7 since I was reloading by good ole trusty Dell desktop, my notebook came with Vista but downgraded to XP so I might put it on there. Is it me but for work related stuff for those who HAVE to stay with a MS Win workstation solution, I'm not seeing the reason to upgrade at work other than the fact that MS is ending support for XP? Support for XP is not being discontinued. Only for SP2 not SP3. SP3 Support is continuing for a while yet. Win7 should be a l...

Firefox with Win 7
Name: Pedro Ribeiro Email: pedrolr2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox with Win 7 Comments: Hi I'm experiencing lots of consistency problems with Firefox working with OS WIN7. Firefox blocks and I'm forced to start it with Crtl+Alt+Delete Task Manager. Is there any reason for it? Any upgrade available? Thanks pedro Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you w...