Tabs back on TOP, Legacy extensions disabled. 57.0a1 (2017-08-09) (64-bit).

My Tabs are back on top because the "Legacy" extensions "Classic Theme
Restorer" and "Tabs on Bottom" are now forced to be disabled in V57.0a1
from 2017-08-09 (64-bit). Does anyone know of a way to get the tabs back
on the bottom, or if the developers will be adding this option?

The configuration variable "Browser.tabs.onTop" is set to "false".

Thank you.

John Hardy

---

John
8/9/2017 5:10:56 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23873 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 8/9/17 1:10 PM, John Hardy wrote:
> My Tabs are back on top because the "Legacy" extensions "Classic Theme
> Restorer" and "Tabs on Bottom" are now forced to be disabled in V57.0a1
> from 2017-08-09 (64-bit). Does anyone know of a way to get the tabs back
> on the bottom, or if the developers will be adding this option?
>
> The configuration variable "Browser.tabs.onTop" is set to "false".
>
> Thank you.
>
> John Hardy

Why are you using Nightly if you don't want the changes?

AIUI, Nightly (and only Nightly) users will be able to toggle
"extensions.legacy.enabled" to allow Legacy extensions to be enabled.
That doesn't mean they will work.

The pref is set to true by default in my Linux Nightly.

Nightly Tester Tools doesn't show my Titlebar customization, but I can
still "Insert Build ID into Textbox". So it is partially broken.

YMMV

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
   John Hardy <johnhardy@johnhardyco.com> wrote:
> My Tabs are back on top because the "Legacy" extensions "Classic Theme
> Restorer" and "Tabs on Bottom" are now forced to be disabled in V57.0a1
> from 2017-08-09 (64-bit). Does anyone know of a way to get the tabs back
> on the bottom, or if the developers will be adding this option?

> The configuration variable "Browser.tabs.onTop" is set to "false".

> Thank you.

> John Hardy

When 57 is released into the BWW in November we are all sexpleted.

With 55 the paving slab is creeping in to place, I only lost a few addons
when that dropped in, but I won't be losing anymore when 56 and 57 arrive
as I've taken the ESR route.

As if I haven't got enough to do without all this rubbish happening...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
On 8/9/17 12:27 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/9/17 1:10 PM, John Hardy wrote:
>> My Tabs are back on top because the "Legacy" extensions "Classic Theme
>> Restorer" and "Tabs on Bottom" are now forced to be disabled in
>> V57.0a1 from 2017-08-09 (64-bit). Does anyone know of a way to get the
>> tabs back on the bottom, or if the developers will be adding this option?
>>
>> The configuration variable "Browser.tabs.onTop" is set to "false".
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> John Hardy
>>

> Why are you using Nightly if you don't want the changes?
>
> AIUI, Nightly (and only Nightly) users will be able to toggle
> "extensions.legacy.enabled" to allow Legacy extensions to be enabled.
> That doesn't mean they will work.
>
> The pref is set to true by default in my Linux Nightly.
>
> Nightly Tester Tools doesn't show my Titlebar customization, but I can
> still "Insert Build ID into Textbox". So it is partially broken.
>
> YMMV

I simply want the best browser AND Tabs On Bottom. I hope those two
goals are not mutually exclusive. Surely "Tabs on Bottom" is not that
difficult to accomplish. Perhaps a new extension will show up if the
Mozilla developers don't directly provide the option.

Thank you.

John Hardy

---

John
8/9/2017 6:05:09 PM
In article
<mailman.1819.1502301941.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   John Hardy <johnhardy@johnhardyco.com> wrote:

[Snippy]
> I simply want the best browser AND Tabs On Bottom. I hope those two
> goals are not mutually exclusive. Surely "Tabs on Bottom" is not that
> difficult to accomplish. Perhaps a new extension will show up if the
> Mozilla developers don't directly provide the option.

> Thank you.

> John Hardy

As 57 is not that far away now, are there any images available that give
an overview of how the 57 thing will present itself?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
On 8/9/17 3:25 PM, Dave Symes wrote:
> In article
> <mailman.1819.1502301941.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>     John Hardy <johnhardy@johnhardyco.com> wrote:
>
> [Snippy]
>> I simply want the best browser AND Tabs On Bottom. I hope those two
>> goals are not mutually exclusive. Surely "Tabs on Bottom" is not that
>> difficult to accomplish. Perhaps a new extension will show up if the
>> Mozilla developers don't directly provide the option.
>
>> Thank you.
>
>> John Hardy
>
> As 57 is not that far away now, are there any images available that give
> an overview of how the 57 thing will present itself?
>
> Dave

You want an overview? Start reading.

Photon Engineering Newsletters #1-4. Starting from the bottom of the page.

<https://dolske.wordpress.com/2017/05/>

Newsletters 5,6 and 7.

<https://dolske.wordpress.com/2017/06/>

8 and 9

<https://dolske.wordpress.com/2017/07/>

and up to date with newsletters #10 and 11.

<https://dolske.wordpress.com/2017/08/>

Then there are the Quantum Engineering Newsletters.

<https://ehsanakhgari.org/blog/2017-08-04/quantum-flow-engineering-newsletter-18>

You can search for newsletters 1 to 17.

Happy reading!