Support for XPCOM extensions in letest Firefox

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D010B0.D96E7E10

Hello.

I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox.

However, I then show this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5

Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox?

(I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology
was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?)

Now, the alternative for XPCOM seems to be NPAPI, but I know that Chrome is
dropping support for it.

Do you support NPAPI instead?

If yes, will you continue to support it?

I need to access cryptographic tokens from the browser somehow, in order to
digitally sign data.

As far as I saw, JS (e.g. WebCryptoAPI) cannot help.

I was hoping for XPCOM or NPAPI, but those seem being dropped too.

What is my alternative?

Best Regards,

Kostas

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D010B0.D96E7E10

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
..MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEL link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for =
lang=3DEN-US>However, I then show this:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US><a =
href=3D"http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-o=
n-ff-3-5">http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support=
lang=3DEN-US>Does this mean that my extension will not work in the =
lang=3DEN-US>(I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often =
if this technology was abandoned, but anyway&#8230; Perhaps there are =
lang=3DEN-US>Now, the alternative for XPCOM seems to be NPAPI, but I =
know that Chrome is dropping support for it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Do you support NPAPI =
yes, will you continue to support it?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>I need to access cryptographic =
tokens from the browser somehow, in order to digitally sign =
far as I saw, JS (e.g. WebCryptoAPI) cannot =
hoping for XPCOM or NPAPI, but those seem being dropped =
lang=3DEN-US>Best Regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D010B0.D96E7E10--

0
Kostas
12/5/2014 3:28:11 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23876 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

This group is for user support.
Try mozilla.dev.tech.plugins
< https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/>
Good luck.
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
0

Support for XPCOM extensions in latest Firefox
Hello. I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox. However, I then show this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5 Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox? (I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?) Now, the alternative for XPCOM seems to be NPAPI, but I know that Chrome is dropping support for it. Do you support NPAPI instead? If yes, will you continue to support it? ...

not support all the firefox extensions
Name: vikram Email: vikram2k_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: not support all the firefox extensions Comments: not support all the firefox extensions. like duim show and many more.anyway it is best the old firefox Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Firefox support
I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions: 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on? Thanks again for your time and knowledge 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF. 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does an...

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox support should be ...
-- i think -- Firefox support should last 5 years to 7 years for Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x ...

Support Firefox
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Support Firefox Comments: In US, online banks can be accessed by using firefox, which is not the case in China since in China banks usually issue a plug-in which is a pre-requsite and is only compatible with IE. I believe this problem hinders the more poluparization of FIREFOX in China. But in US, this is hardly a problem, I prefer Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

why not support firefox
Name: Email: michelwongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why not support firefox Comments: Dear Sirs I notice that many China website e.g. http://v.163.com/tvlist/borpage_81.html not support firefox but only IE. The box said : "您现在使用浏览器(如FireFox)无法正常观看,请使用 IE(Internet Explorer)浏览器打开此页面!". This is only 1 example, but there are many more cases like this from China sites. Another 1 is CCTV(http://vod.cctv.com/podcast/index), but after I ungrade to 3.5.3 recently, CCTV China pop-up a small box asking me to plugin, after that I can view it. Please improv...

Firefox Support?
Hopefully someone will answer this. I have seen several posts asking about Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses. I see that support should be there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school district. I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client. We are still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed. Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support for other browsers? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 ...

Firefox support
There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. >>> Mike<curt@fordhamprep.org> 4/14/2005 10:55 AM >>> There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC Michael Fraser wrote: > No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. > > I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. > >...

FIrefox support
I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support. Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links. On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? : > I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here ...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

Extension Support for Higher FireFox versions
Name: jeff holicky Email: wholinetatsentdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Extension Support for Higher FireFox versions Comments: Dunno if there is a tool out there (checked a few weeks ago didn't see anything) - I have say 10+ extensions. Now for me to go out to every single extension just to see if all the extensions are updated for 2.0 is quite a time waster - just makes it that much more a pain to upgrade. It would be nice when I click extensions to see everything there TODAY but also have it say "Latest support: 1.5". So if it said that I have to wait...

IDM extension is no longer supported in firefox
Name: Email: booboo_girl21athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: IDM extension is no longer supported in firefox Comments: I have already posted a comment earlier about my dissatisfaction of firefox blocking the IDM extension completely. It seems every time Firefox releases a new version there are a lot of problems. I remained version 2 for many years before switching to version 3.6 because I had encounter so many problems when I install the new version. I have been using the IDM program for many years and I have not had any issues with it. I don't understand this bu...

Web resources about - Support for XPCOM extensions in letest Firefox - mozilla.support.firefox

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Feds defend request for right-to-die time extension
The Liberal government is telling the Supreme Court of Canada that those pushing for speedy implementation of right-to-die policies are naive ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
... if you’re unfamiliar: The updated Skype app for iPhone and iPad is available on the App Store. Filed under: Apps Tagged: App Store , extension ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... launch on iOS. Obscura 2.0 sees the addition of a couple of notable features and the introduction of a new pricing model. Photos edit extension ...

HC.Gov extension to 12/17
... in comments over the past day about what to do if you were stuck in Healthcare.gov . I thought there was a good chance of a 1 to 3 day extension ...

AVG force-installed vulnerable 'broken' Chrome extension
Google Security Research has criticized AVG for "force installing" AVG Web Tuneup, a Chrome extension which could be exploited to reveal "browsing ...

Essential Google Chrome extension lets you block all Donald Trump news stories
When Donald Trump first got in the presidential race, I was positively giddy with excitement about the potential comedy he'd bring . Since then, ...

Sunedison Inc: Can ITC Extension Drive Growth for the Solar Industry?
Industry experts remain divided on the impact of the extension in solar investment tax credit on the solar energy market.

This Chrome extension highlihts weak phrases in your emails to make you sound more confident
“ Just Not Sorry ” is a Google Chrome extension that stops you from casually undermining yourself in emails. It identifies words and phrases ...