stuck on looking up www.google.com????

received notice that firefox had updates and when I started to do
my firefox is now doing NOTHING!!!!
I can not get into it!!!

can someone help??

thanks
Marty

0
Martin

Martin L Domenech wrote:
> received notice that firefox had updates and when I started to do
> my firefox is now doing NOTHING!!!!
> I can not get into it!!!
>
> can someone help??
>
> thanks
> Marty

What OS?  What version of FF?  If you are on windows, use the Task
Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) to end any instance(s) of FF that may be running.
  Then Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Safe Mode.

Does FF run Ok?

Irwin

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

About Profiles -
http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About%20Profiles.html
Irwin

http://www.google.com/firefox
I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google, the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't found anything. In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing in Firefox. ...

Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Goog
Name: Charles Douglass Garnett III Email: cgarnettatstudentdotumassdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Google website. Comments: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink t...

abuot this address :http://www.google.com/firefox
Name: mohsen Email: mohsenadcatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: abuot this address :http://www.google.com/firefox Comments: hello ,please go to http://www.google.com/firefox and press right click or open that menu,then click on ' switch page direction '. oh,you can see that page Commix. /thanks a lot and good by./ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish t...

Additional Link For Gmail On www.google.com/firefox
Name: craig barone Email: craig_baroneatlycosdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Additional Link For Gmail On www.google.com/firefox Comments: A 5th link next to Maps for Gmail on the Mozilla Firefox Start Page would be a helpful addition at least for me. Regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

http://www.google.com/firefox -- default search
Name: Noble Steed Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.google.com/firefox -- default search Comments: I love Firefox. Its the only browser I use. The one annoying thing about using the default google search area in the upper right hand corner of Firefox is that it doesn't have the gmail link on its page (http://www.google.com/firefox). It has all other default hyperlinks that the normal google page has except for this one. Please put it in there. Sure I could add gmail to my toolbar bookmarks but its full and I like the space for other sites that I frequent. Th...

Firefox from google.com to google.nl
I have always used Google.com to search, it came installed as default search engine when installing Firefox. I added some search engines a few months ago, all was well. And NOW I suddenly notice that I am searching using google.nl. Not that I think .nl is bad, but it's not something I changed myself and I want things to stay put where I want them to be. I never searched in Dutch specifically. Never went to the dutch google site by choice. I am appalled! In the History, I can see that before yesterday, all the search pages were served by from google.com, and for late last night, I ...

A Forget between Google Firefox?Client & Google (default : google.com (.fr for me))
Name: Artet Jah Fakoly Email: mek_vincentathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: A Forget between Google Firefox?Client & Google (default : google.com (.fr for me)) Comments: y0 Paillete or Paille! Like i say in the summary I dont understand why with http://www.google.fr/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official the option "outils linguistiques" in french sorry, dont appear, you see !!! I explain we have options shit "recherche avancée" in french sorry, and "préférences" in french always sorry but no &q...

missin links on "http://www.google.com/firefox"
Name: cool_ice Email: kkdevtaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: missin links on "http://www.google.com/firefox" Comments: The default home page "http://www.google.com/firefox" has links to all the Google services except for "GMAIL", this link is missing since long ago, any particular reasons for the missing link couldn't be found on Internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of ...

"Language Tools" link @ http://www.google.com/firefox page
Name: Daniel Gasparotto Email: danieldotgasparottoatgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: "Language Tools" link @ http://www.google.com/firefox page Comments: Could you please add the "Language Tools" link next to the search bar of http://www.google.com/firefox ? in www.google.com/ we see Advanced Search | Preferences | **Language Tools** but in www.google.com/firefox there's only Advanced Search | Preferences why???? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 F...

google.com redirected to google.co.in in Firefox
Okay, since I don't know why this is happening I thought I better ask around. Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening? I'm using English Window XP and region is Australia. Language in Firefox is EN-US <Just checked what's happening in IE> Hmm, in IE www.google.com is showed in Swedish(which is okay since I am swedish), but this would suggest is not a browser issue and something else? How does Firefox(and IE) decide which google page to show? Martin In...

Firefox using google brings up an error in my website that is not brought up using other browsers. My website is www.biblemetaphors.com. Where can I find help to fix this problem. The problem is in th
Name: Donald R. Strombeck Email: dstrombeck_at_sbcglobal.net Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox using google brings up an error in my website that is not brought up using other browsers. My website is www.biblemetaphors.com. Where can I find help to fix this problem. The problem is in the number 2 item on teaching evolution. The error consists of a series of vertical arrows that should appear in a figure two-thirds to three-fourths of the way down the page. Thanks for any help. Don Strombeck Comments: Firefox using google brings up an error in my website that is not brought up usi...

default google search engine points NOT to www.google.com
hi there, (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 ID:2006011112) I try to figure out a strange problem. my default search engine (the one located in "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\google.src") is according to the google.src file pointing correctly to www.google.com. fine... however, doing a search in the searchbar with google as searchengine selected, will point me either to www.google.fr or http://www.google.co.il i am somewhat puzzled. how does this happen? any hint is appreciated ...

http://www.m-firefox.com/uk/
Name: Girindor Email: robindotstapleatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.m-firefox.com/uk/ - fake firefox site? Comments: Could someone look in to whether this is legal? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

When I click a google link it sends me to http://www.google.com/webhp
Name: Email: AaronVillaroyaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: When I click a google link it sends me to http://www.google.com/webhp Comments: On several occasions, when i search for items on google, and I click on some of the links, it sometimes directs me to weird site and then redirects to http://www.google.com/webhp. I hit the back button and click the link again and it goes to the linked site Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendri...

Web resources about - stuck on looking up www.google.com???? - mozilla.support.firefox

Donald Trump Continues To Lead The Race Nationally: Latest Poll Shows GOP Nomination Is Trump’s To Lose ...
If there is one man who would come out smiling after viewing the latest Fox News poll results, it will be Donald Trump. The Republican front-runner ...

CES 2016: Fashion meets function in smartwatches, fitness trackers and other wearables
Everything from smartwatches, to connected bracelets, tech accessories and athletic wear are getting a fashion boost as manufacturers try to ...

NFL talking to Apple and Google about streaming London games
The NFL's streaming test of a London game between the Lions and Chiefs went rather smashingly last year, so it's planning on doing even more ...

Kanye Announces SWISH Release Date
It looks like Yeezy Season is going to be arriving in the dead of Winter this time around. After a string of new releases over the past few weeks ...

Islamic State claims Libyan police centre bombing
Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a suicide truck bombing on a Libyan police training centre on Thursday that killed at least 47 people, ...

What Didn’t Make It Into The Force Awakens
While it may be an exaggeration to say the The Force Awakens was thirty years in the making, it was a long and involved process, beginning the ...

Drug kingpin 'El Chapo' to return to prison he escaped from, Mexico says
CNN Drug kingpin 'El Chapo' to return to prison he escaped from, Mexico says CNN (CNN) After six months on the run, Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin ...

North Korea says South’s propaganda broadcasts can push rivals to brink of war
South Korea's loudspeaker broadcasts aimed at North Korea push the rivals to the "brink of war," a top North Korean official has told a propaganda ...

Robust Hiring in December Caps Solid Year for U.S. Jobs
As the economy added 292,000 jobs last month, the question is whether overall growth will remain strong enough to keep hiring steady.

Golden Globes weekend kicks off with Chateau Marmont bash
Guests included Brie Larson, Rami Malek, Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren.