So where is 57

UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.

Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.

Why?

Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.

Nope! Still 56.0.2

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0

On 11/14/2017 2:42 AM, Dave Symes wrote:
> UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.
>
> Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.
>
> Why?
>
> Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.
>
> Nope! Still 56.0.2
>
> Dave

Mine updated.  I'm gonna miss the bottombar toolbar and tabmix plus.
Dave Pyles
0
Dave
11/14/2017 5:04:59 PM
On 11/14/17 2:42 AM, Dave Symes wrote:
> UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.
>
> Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.
>
> Why?
>
> Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.
>
> Nope! Still 56.0.2
>
> Dave

Powered up my Win10 notebook about an hour ago, launched 56.0.2, clicked
Help > About Firefox and was updated to 57.0.

All the Web Extensions I installed in 56.0. are working, removed the
Legacy extension.

Now waiting for the 57.0 update to be available from Ubuntu.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/14/2017 5:24:28 PM
On 11/14/2017 12:24 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/14/17 2:42 AM, Dave Symes wrote:
>> UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.
>>
>> Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.
>>
>> Nope! Still 56.0.2
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Powered up my Win10 notebook about an hour ago, launched 56.0.2, clicked
> Help > About Firefox and was updated to 57.0.
>
> All the Web Extensions I installed in 56.0. are working, removed the
> Legacy extension.
>
> Now waiting for the 57.0 update to be available from Ubuntu.

Walt:   I've frozen my 56.0.2 so it won't update in Linux mint.   But
I'd like to install 57 maybe side by side to look at it.   I'm not a
firefox user, I've ditched it years ago for Chrome, but might go back if
my reasons change.   But how would I load it in Linux as not to screw up
the current setup?  If I were in Windows, I'd know how.

PS.  I don't like in Linux that Firefox won't run without the Linux
Window border at least at the top.  In Windows the window frame is
missing, but in Linux version 56 at least and olders have always let
linux engine maintain the top border.  I don't want that top window
frame border.  The other side and bottom are missing, why can't they do
one more edge.    And of course the speed.  I hear it's better.

Thanks for any feedback.   I see you're still waiting for your Ubuntu.

0
Big
11/14/2017 6:27:22 PM
On 11/14/17 1:27 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 11/14/2017 12:24 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/14/17 2:42 AM, Dave Symes wrote:
>>> UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.
>>>
>>> Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.
>>>
>>> Why?
>>>
>>> Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.
>>>
>>> Nope! Still 56.0.2
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Powered up my Win10 notebook about an hour ago, launched 56.0.2,
>> clicked Help > About Firefox and was updated to 57.0.
>>
>> All the Web Extensions I installed in 56.0. are working, removed the
>> Legacy extension.
>>
>> Now waiting for the 57.0 update to be available from Ubuntu.
>>
> Walt:   I've frozen my 56.0.2 so it won't update in Linux mint.   But
> I'd like to install 57 maybe side by side to look at it.   I'm not a
> firefox user, I've ditched it years ago for Chrome, but might go back if
> my reasons change.   But how would I load it in Linux as not to screw up
> the current setup?  If I were in Windows, I'd know how.

Well, I would download the 64-bit Linux version from

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/>

to my Downloads folder.

Then create a new folder in Home. I use one I named Apps.

Cut and paste the downloaded file into that new folder.

Open the folder, right click on the file, and select Extract Here.

It will be extracted into a firefox folder.

Then open a Terminal and type the path to the executable file. I used
Apps/firefox/firefox -p so it launches the profile manager.

Create a new profile and click the Start Firefox button.

Firefox will open and then I pinned it to the launcher so I don't have
to use the terminal each time I want to launch Firefox.

<snip>

> Thanks for any feedback.   I see you're still waiting for your Ubuntu.

Your welcome.

Not really concerned about the Ubuntu version. I currently use Firefox
Nightly, which is now version 59.0a1 since yesterday.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/14/2017 6:53:31 PM
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:04:59 -0500, Dave Pyles wrote:

> On 11/14/2017 2:42 AM, Dave Symes wrote:
>> UK time it's now 7:45 ish on the 14th November 2017.
>>
>> Firefox 56.0.2 has still not updated to 57.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Hangonamo, I'll have one last check before I post this.
>>
>> Nope! Still 56.0.2
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Mine updated.  I'm gonna miss the bottombar toolbar and tabmix plus.
> Dave Pyles

Me too for both :(
--
Jim S
0
On 11/14/2017 01:53 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/14/17 1:27 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> Powered up my Win10 notebook about an hour ago, launched 56.0.2,
>>> clicked Help > About Firefox and was updated to 57.0.
>>>
>>> All the Web Extensions I installed in 56.0. are working, removed the
>>> Legacy extension.
>>>
>>> Now waiting for the 57.0 update to be available from Ubuntu.
>>>
>> Walt:   I've frozen my 56.0.2 so it won't update in Linux mint.   But
>> I'd like to install 57 maybe side by side to look at it.   I'm not a
>> firefox user, I've ditched it years ago for Chrome, but might go back
>> if my reasons change.   But how would I load it in Linux as not to
>> screw up the current setup?  If I were in Windows, I'd know how.
>
> Well, I would download the 64-bit Linux version from
>
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/>
>
> to my Downloads folder.
>
> Then create a new folder in Home. I use one I named Apps.
>
> Cut and paste the downloaded file into that new folder.
>
> Open the folder, right click on the file, and select Extract Here.
>
> It will be extracted into a firefox folder.
>
> Then open a Terminal and type the path to the executable file. I used
> Apps/firefox/firefox -p so it launches the profile manager.
>
> Create a new profile and click the Start Firefox button.
>
> Firefox will open and then I pinned it to the launcher so I don't have
> to use the terminal each time I want to launch Firefox.
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks for any feedback.   I see you're still waiting for your Ubuntu.
>>

> Your welcome.
>
> Not really concerned about the Ubuntu version. I currently use Firefox
> Nightly, which is now version 59.0a1 since yesterday.

Thanks.  Ironically I got an email just after posting, and it was from
Mozilla about the new version.  They gave directions to download the
tarball and I did and see that it's "portable".   If that's the term.
But yes, I will leave it where it is and make a new profile.   Thanks.
Seems simple.
0
Big
11/14/2017 7:21:41 PM
On 11/14/2017 02:21 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 11/14/2017 01:53 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Walt:   I've frozen my 56.0.2 so it won't update in Linux mint.   But
>>> I'd like to install 57 maybe side by side to look at it.   I'm not a
>>> firefox user, I've ditched it years ago for Chrome, but might go back
>>> if my reasons change.   But how would I load it in Linux as not to
>>> screw up the current setup?  If I were in Windows, I'd know how.
>>
>> Well, I would download the 64-bit Linux version from
>>
>> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/>
>>
>> to my Downloads folder.
>>
>> Then create a new folder in Home. I use one I named Apps.
>>
>> Cut and paste the downloaded file into that new folder.
>>
>> Open the folder, right click on the file, and select Extract Here.
>>
>> It will be extracted into a firefox folder.
>>
>> Then open a Terminal and type the path to the executable file. I used
>> Apps/firefox/firefox -p so it launches the profile manager.
>>
>> Create a new profile and click the Start Firefox button.
>>
>> Firefox will open and then I pinned it to the launcher so I don't have
>> to use the terminal each time I want to launch Firefox.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Thanks for any feedback.   I see you're still waiting for your Ubuntu.
>>>

>> Your welcome.
>>
>> Not really concerned about the Ubuntu version. I currently use Firefox
>> Nightly, which is now version 59.0a1 since yesterday.
>>
> Thanks.  Ironically I got an email just after posting, and it was from
> Mozilla about the new version.  They gave directions to download the
> tarball and I did and see that it's "portable".   If that's the term.
> But yes, I will leave it where it is and make a new profile.   Thanks.
> Seems simple.

Hey it works.  (Surprise surprise, duh!).   Great and thanks.   I'm
playing with the add-ons and the speed.    Oh goodie! A new toy!

0
Big