Show all Bookmarks show "Other Bookmarks" folder by default?

When viewing all of the bookmarks, why does Firefox v5x always go here?
Why don't they go to the main "Bookmark Menu" instead? It is annoying to
see in one. I see this in both Debian oldstable (Jessie) and Mac OS
Sierra v10.12.6. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Stir up an ant's nest." --unknown
this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |          If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
     \ _ /              Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
      ( )
0
Ant
4/3/2018 12:36:50 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24199 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

On 04/02/2018 08:36 PM, Ant wrote:
> When viewing all of the bookmarks, why does Firefox v5x always go here?
> Why don't they go to the main "Bookmark Menu" instead? It is annoying to
> see in one. I see this in both Debian oldstable (Jessie) and Mac OS
> Sierra v10.12.6. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I always thought it was a feature.   Drop all you bookmarks in the
'Other' folder while you rushing around browsing and then at your
leisure you come back later and categorize them into proper folders via
the manager.

I'm not sure if it was chrome of old firefox, but that feature used to
drop into 'Unsorted'.   Which as far as a name goes, that's a bit more
appropriate.    But at least Chrome now remembers the last folder and
keeps using it.   I'd like that in Firefox rather the having to click
the drilldown to find your last few folders you sorted into.

0
Big
4/3/2018 1:10:37 PM
Big Al wrote:
> On 04/02/2018 08:36 PM, Ant wrote:
>> When viewing all of the bookmarks, why does Firefox v5x always go
>> here? Why don't they go to the main "Bookmark Menu" instead? It is
>> annoying to see in one. I see this in both Debian oldstable (Jessie)
>> and Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I always thought it was a feature.�� Drop all you bookmarks in the
> 'Other' folder while you rushing around browsing and then at your
> leisure you come back later and categorize them into proper folders via
> the manager.
>
> I'm not sure if it was chrome of old firefox, but that feature used to
> drop into 'Unsorted'.�� Which as far as a name goes, that's a bit more
> appropriate.��� But at least Chrome now remembers the last folder and
> keeps using it.�� I'd like that in Firefox rather the having to click
> the drilldown to find your last few folders you sorted into.

I think it is easier just to put the bookmarks into the folder where
they should go right from the start.  Then there is no sorting out to do
later.

0
EE
4/3/2018 4:31:53 PM
Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> Wrote in message:
> I always thought it was a feature.   Drop all you bookmarks in the
> 'Other' folder while you rushing around browsing and then at your
> leisure you come back later and categorize them into proper folders via
> the manager.

That's what I do - file or discard. I think that the present
 behaviour is fine. It even has a filing tray icon which suggests
 that's what the designers had in mind.

An option to start in mobile bookmarks would be nice, but it's
 only a click away.
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
0
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 17:36:50 -0700, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

>When viewing all of the bookmarks, why does Firefox v5x always go here?
>Why don't they go to the main "Bookmark Menu" instead? It is annoying to
>see in one. I see this in both Debian oldstable (Jessie) and Mac OS
>Sierra v10.12.6. :(
>
>Thank you in advance. :)

Try this.  It lets you decide what the default Bookmarks folder is.  I
like it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/default-bookmark-folder/

DC
0
DennyCrane
4/5/2018 9:33:55 PM
On 04/03/2018 02:20 PM, Dave Royal wrote:
> Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> Wrote in message:
>> I always thought it was a feature.   Drop all you bookmarks in the
>> 'Other' folder while you rushing around browsing and then at your
>> leisure you come back later and categorize them into proper folders via
>> the manager.
>>
> That's what I do - file or discard. I think that the present
>   behaviour is fine. It even has a filing tray icon which suggests
>   that's what the designers had in mind.
>
> An option to start in mobile bookmarks would be nice, but it's
>   only a click away.

And if you put one bookmark in "Travel Ideas" then the next bookmark is
just a drilldown click below that since it remembers your last bookmark
folders.
0
Big