Scrolling with Mouse wheel Problems with Flash in Firefox (2.0.0.12 (Linux) + newest Adobe Flash Linux)

Hi,

I have the problem that when I use my mouse wheel to scroll down a
page and happen to have my cursor come over a flash object, the
scrolling stops.

Obviously the mouse wheel commands are sent to the Plugin, even though
I have never brought it to focus with a click. The windows version of
Firefox behaves different in this matter. It allows continues
scrolling without stop.

The stop is very unsettling, especially if you don't use a mouse
directly but an emulated mouse.

First of all:  I don't want to install a flash blocker but rather find
a solution than a workaround with "additional" work at hand.

I would like to know:

a) What's the reason for the different behavior between Windows and
Linux Version? Is it because of the Browser itself? Is it because of
the flash plugin? Is the plugin rendered differently? Is it a problem
with the window manager (which is set to click on focus in my case)?

b) Is there some known method to correct this Problem directly, with
an extension or even changing of the source code?

I am asking here in hopes somebody has developer knowledge about this
problem and is willing to share it. I've exhausted my methods of
browsing the web, this newsgroup (the topic was mention in one or two
spots only, never to be solved) and even starting to look at the
source code. Before I dive into it and spend days looking for the
problem and not even finding it, I hope somebody has detailed
information.

Thanks in advance,
~ tcmsurfer
1
tcm
2/15/2008 12:22:57 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23575 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

XForms 0.8.0.2 release not working on linux firefox 2.0.0.4
Hi, I just upgraded the xforms to 0.8.0.2 from 0.8.0.1 on firefox (linux) 2.0.0.4. All xhtml pages stopped rendering. Is this the issue with the new release or I should look something into my code. Thanx for help in advance. -regards, Piyush A problem also on Mac OS X version 0.8.0.2. It doesn't install not valid hash file (probably corrupted download). -261 On 5 Lug, 13:49, Piyush <piyush.sin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I just upgraded the xforms to 0.8.0.2 from 0.8.0.1 on firefox (linux) > 2.0.0.4. All xhtml pages stopped rendering. &g...

firefox 2.0.0.2 on linux
Name: mouthuy thierry Email: mouthuyatcppmdotin2p3.fr Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.2 on linux Comments: after upgrading to FF on FC6, all passwords were lost. Used saved password to recover. OK. After restarting FF, all password lost again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070220 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Problems with FireFox 2.0.0.6 + openSuSE Linux 10.2 acccess to Netscape mails
Name: Franz Bernasek Email: bernasekatlycosdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with FireFox 2.0.0.6 + openSuSE Linux 10.2 acccess to Netscape mails Comments: good Day, i have some problems since one day to access my netscape mail account with the Firefox 2.0.0.6 Browser under openSuSE 10.2 Linux, i have the problem tested with other browser such a seamonkey 1.1.4 Netscape Navigator Version 9.x under the same Operating System Environment no Problems with my Netscape mails, the big surprise is all other of my accounts so as lycos, fastmail and yahoo e-mail accounts c...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10
I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed. Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+----------- i | flash-player | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player | package | flash-player | Adobe...

Macromedia Flash Player on Firefox 2.0 under Linux
I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box for installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I can check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can determine what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there some way I can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.13, 3.0b5 - Sunbird 0.8
Name: Paul Pazdera Email: pazderaattelusdotnet Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.13, 3.0b5 - Sunbird 0.8 - Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 Comments: allow this option to show dates - thanks! Date representation to International Standard ISO 8601 YYYY.MM.DD or YYYMMDD e.g.: 2008.04.16 or 20080416 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 It isn't perhaps one of the most widely adopted of international standards, but for anyone working with date formats that need to be quickly parsed and sorted by computer, it's the best. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

problem building Firefox 2.0.0.12 on FreeBSD 7.0
I've previously build Firefox 2.0.0.12 on FreeBSD 6.1, and I'm now trying to build it on FreeBSD 7.0, but I'm running into a problem. The build fails with the following error: rm -f libxpcom.so.1.0 c++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -fshort-wchar -pipe -DDEBUG -D_DEBUG -DDEBUG_leighton -DTRACING -g -fPIC -shared -Wl,-h,libxpcom.so.1.0 -o libxpcom.so.1.0 nsXPComStub.o -L../../di...

Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7
Name: Pat Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7 Comments: Update history is only displaying updates from 2.0.0.7 and below. Check for upgrades is not finding any. Updates were set to automatically download and install. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-AU; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Firefox 1.5.0.12 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.12 and Firefox 2.0.0.4 are now =20 available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://=20 getfirefox.com. Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: We anticipate this to be the last release in the Firefox =20 1.5.0.x series. Mozilla typically maintains support for previous =20 releases for six months after a major release. Mozilla has previously =20= extended the planned end of life for the ...

Web resources about - Scrolling with Mouse wheel Problems with Flash in Firefox (2.0.0.12 (Linux) + newest Adobe Flash Linux) - mozilla.support.firefox

Scrolling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer displays , filmmaking , television production , and other kinetic displays, scrolling is sliding text, images or video across a monitor ...

Platform update: infinite scrolling, stream filters, user support, more
Facebook’s latest platform update includes infinite scrolling for the apps and games dashboard and API support for News Feed filters. The company ...

ScrollIt: display scrolling messages with emoticons on the App Store on iTunes
Get ScrollIt: display scrolling messages with emoticons on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Apple iPhone 5 scrolling glitch demo - YouTube
The iPhone 5 has for the most part proved that the hardware and software at work are robust and efficient. Sure Apple Maps has caused people ...

Google updates Chrome for Android with better scrolling, pinch-zooming, audio playback, and HTML5 support ...
Google just update its Chrome app for Android. The latest version hit Google Play on Wednesday afternoon and notably includes improved scrolling ...

Tweetbot for Mac updated with smoother scrolling, quick-reply via notifications
... out a notable update for their popular Tweetbot for Mac Twitter client . The update brings a number of fixing, and also adds smoother scrolling ...

Samsung Galaxy S IV to feature 'eye scrolling', report says
Samsung's next Galaxy smartphone might be controlled by nothing more than the user's eyes, according to a new report in advance of its March ...

One Hero Parallax Scrolling Cool
Parallax scrolling sites are the new (old) cool (and very annoying sites on mobile devices) but very few actually combine the tech of px scrolling ...

Silent Film Festival's Trailers Use Instagram Scrolling to Simulate Look of Old Movies - Adweek
... in practice. The flipbook-style fusion of old and new technologies is a cool concept (check out the trailers here, here and here), but scrolling ...