Scrolling to top and bottom of page

Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
uploaded image." The two add-ons are

* Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
to work now.

* Go to Top of Page Button.

Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

--
Thank you,
Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> Wrote in message:
> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
>
> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>
> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

I don't know why those don't work, but if or when you have a
 version of Firefox that supports webextensions my two work on
 desktop - despite 'Android' in the name:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/android_scroll_top/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/android_scroll_bottom/
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
0
On 4/14/2018 1:01 AM, Dave Royal wrote:
> Jo-Anne <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> Wrote in message:
>> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
>> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
>> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
>> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
>> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
>> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>>
>> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
>> to work now.
>>
>> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>>
>> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
>> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)
>>

> I don't know why those don't work, but if or when you have a
>   version of Firefox that supports webextensions my two work on
>   desktop - despite 'Android' in the name:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/android_scroll_top/
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/android_scroll_bottom/

Thank you, Dave! They work perfectly.

--
Jo-Anne
0
On 4/13/2018 10:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:
> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
>
> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>
> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

I have been wishing for these for years.  I have added them to FF59.0.2
(64-bit) on Windows 10 fully updated, and they work great.

Thank you for pointing  them out.    I wish FF would come with them by
default.
0
Keith
4/14/2018 11:28:04 AM
On 04/13/2018 10:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:
> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
>
> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>
> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

It's odd that you can't get Scroll to Top to work as it still works in
FF 59.02 for me.

--
Caver1
0
On 4/14/18 10:19 AM, Caver1 wrote:
> On 04/13/2018 10:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:
>> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
>> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
>> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
>> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
>> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
>> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>>
>> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
>> to work now.
>>
>> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>>
>> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
>> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)
>>

> It's odd that you can't get Scroll to Top to work as it still works in
> FF 59.02 for me.

The Home key on my keyboard works for me, so does enabling "Use
autoscrolling".

Options/Preferences > General, scroll down to the Browsing section.

Never tried the "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"
feature.

--
GO PENS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
wrote:

>Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
>that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
>is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
>installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
>available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
>uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
>* Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
>to work now.
>
>* Go to Top of Page Button.
>
>Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
>the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

You might want try the extension Gesturefy, which I use and like  a
lot.

0
Ken
4/14/2018 3:49:29 PM
On 4/13/2018 at 10:51 PM, Jo-Anne created this epitome of digital genius:
> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
>
> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>
> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

No add-ons needed.  With focus on the web page, CTRL+HOME goes to top of
age, CTRL+END goes to bottom.

--
Ed Mullen
https://edmullen.net/

0
Ed
4/14/2018 4:29:10 PM
On 04/13/2018 07:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:

> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
> * Go to Top of Page Button.

  What is wrong with ctrl+home and ctrl+end?

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com

On 14/04/2018 17:29, Ed Mullen wrote:

> No add-ons needed.  With focus on the web page, CTRL+HOME goes to top
> of age, CTRL+END goes to bottom.

I just use "Home" and "End" keys respectively to do the same!!

windows 10 Prof here!!

--------------26ACC5545F272BFB2E926A67

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:mailman.395.1523737180.2177.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"><br>
      No add-ons needed.  With focus on the web page, CTRL+HOME goes to
      top of age, CTRL+END goes to bottom.
    I just use "Home" and "End" keys respectively to do the same!!<br>
    windows 10 Prof here!!<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------26ACC5545F272BFB2E926A67--
0
Good
4/14/2018 8:33:26 PM
On 4/13/2018 9:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:
> Another problem I've encountered since updating to the latest Firefox is
> that an add-on I've used for quite a while no longer works, although it
> is supposed to. And a similar add-on also doesn't work. They say they're
> installed, but in one of them, when I finish choosing the options
> available and click on "Preview," I get the error message "Error loading
> uploaded image." The two add-ons are
>
> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
> to work now.
>
> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>
> Any idea of what I can do to make either one of them work? (I'd prefer
> the first one, which is flexible and has worked perfectly in the past.)

Thank you all for your suggestions. For those who mention Home and End
or CTRL-HOME and CTRL-END, the point is that when I'm using the mouse,
it's a distraction to go back to the keyboard and then to locate HOME
and END.

--
Jo-Anne
0
Guy <Hello.World@example.com> writes:
>On 14/04/2018 17:29, Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>  No add-ons needed.� With focus on the web page, CTRL+HOME goes to
>  top of age, CTRL+END goes to bottom.
>

>I just use "Home" and "End" keys respectively to do the same!!
>
>windows 10 Prof here!!

Same here, in Windows 7-32 and Firefox 27.0.1!

Having said that, I understand Jo-Ann wanting a mouse solution, as she's
using the mouse anyway; I get equally irritated when people give me a
mouse solution when I'm using the keyboard (such as moving between
text-entry fields when entering text into them, for which of course tab
is the means - and enter rather than clicking OK when you've filled in
all you want to).

Advertising is legalized lying. - H.G. Wells
On 04/14/2018 02:28 PM, James Moe wrote:
> On 04/13/2018 07:51 PM, Jo-Anne wrote:
>
>> * Scroll To Top. This is the one I've used for a long time but can't get
>> to work now.
>> * Go to Top of Page Button.
>>
>    What is wrong with ctrl+home and ctrl+end?

Some people are so used to using the mouse they may forget about keys.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"File Linking Error. Your mistake is now in every file."
0
Mark
4/15/2018 5:02:08 PM
On 04/14/2018 05:14 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

[snip]

> Having said that, I understand Jo-Ann wanting a mouse solution, as she's
> using the mouse anyway; I get equally irritated when people give me a
> mouse solution when I'm using the keyboard (such as moving between
> text-entry fields when entering text into them, for which of course tab
> is the means - and enter rather than clicking OK when you've filled in
> all you want to).

Yes, its easier to keep using the same input device (mouse or keyboard).

These (ways to select a field) are different. Clicking can select any
field (saving you the trouble of figuring out which is selected now).

Tab steps through them. That is usually in left-to-right order, which is
probably what you want while filling out a form.

So, I'd click to select the first field, then TAB through them.