Safe Mode vs New Profile

What's the difference between safe-mode and a new virgin profile?

I'm experiencing an issue with a web page and it works if I start
firefox with --safe-mode
However if I create a new profile the problem is still there.

So why is safe mode better than a new profile.
0
Big
5/16/2018 1:02:30 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24232 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

On 05/15/2018 09:02 PM, Big Al wrote:
> What's the difference between safe-mode and a new virgin profile?
>
> I'm experiencing an issue with a web page and it works if I start
> firefox with --safe-mode
> However if I create a new profile the problem is still there.
>
> So why is safe mode better than a new profile.

When you create the new profile and start using it do you use it without
adding any extensions first.
Or do you add everything that you had in the old profile before using it?

--
Caver1
0
On 05/16/2018 09:10 AM, Caver1 wrote:
> On 05/15/2018 09:02 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> What's the difference between safe-mode and a new virgin profile?
>>
>> I'm experiencing an issue with a web page and it works if I start
>> firefox with --safe-mode
>> However if I create a new profile the problem is still there.
>>
>> So why is safe mode better than a new profile.
>>

> When you create the new profile and start using it do you use it without
> adding any extensions first.
> Or do you add everything that you had in the old profile before using it?

Just a virgin profile.   I don't add anything.  I wanted to see what a
vanilla version of FF does and how the developers want it to work before
I butcher it up with all my add-ons etc.
0
Big
5/16/2018 1:46:29 PM
On 2018-05-15 9:02 PM, Big Al wrote:
> What's the difference between safe-mode and a new virgin profile?
>
> I'm experiencing an issue with a web page and it works if I start
> firefox with --safe-mode
> However if I create a new profile the problem is still there.
>
> So why is safe mode better than a new profile.

Safe Mode temporarily disables and temporarily resets some stuff. Your
profile is where all of your personal data/settings are stored, so a new
profile is like started from scratch.

One thing disabled in Safe Mode, that is on by default is hardware
acceleration. To disable it manually, try the instructions at
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-extensions-themes-to-fix-problems#w_turn-off-hardware-acceleration>

If the problem still occurs,
We'll need to know which page you're having a problem with, what the
problem with the webpage is, and some more info about your Firefox
setup. Click the menu button, then click the Help icon [?] at the bottom
of the menu, and select Troubleshooting Information, then click [Copy
text to Clipboard]. Open a reply to this post, and go to Edit-->Paste to
paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

--
<http://ilias.ca/links>
Chris
On 05/16/2018 09:46 AM, Big Al wrote:
> On 05/16/2018 09:10 AM, Caver1 wrote:
>> On 05/15/2018 09:02 PM, Big Al wrote:
>>> What's the difference between safe-mode and a new virgin profile?
>>>
>>> I'm experiencing an issue with a web page and it works if I start
>>> firefox with --safe-mode
>>> However if I create a new profile the problem is still there.
>>>
>>> So why is safe mode better than a new profile.
>>>

>> When you create the new profile and start using it do you use it without
>> adding any extensions first.
>> Or do you add everything that you had in the old profile before using it?
>>
> Just a virgin profile.   I don't add anything.  I wanted to see what a
> vanilla version of FF does and how the developers want it to work before
> I butcher it up with all my add-ons etc.

Sorry I read the subject about new profile and missed where you stated
virgin profile in the message.
That makes no sense to me.
As Chris asked what web page?

--