Revert From 56.0.2 to ESR Release

If I uninstal version 56.0.2 then install  ESR release with new profile
will it have security updates that the 56 version doesn't have ?

Unfortunately I need one of my computers to have an old version of
Firefox because I want to use an old type of extension for as long as
possible.

Thanks,

Michael
0
Michael
1/11/2018 6:19:08 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24305 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On 01/11/2018 07:19 PM, Michael wrote:
> If I uninstal version 56.0.2 then install  ESR release with new profile
> will it have security updates that the 56 version doesn't have ?
>
> Unfortunately I need one of my computers to have an old version of
> Firefox because I want to use an old type of extension for as long as
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

This is the plan:
August 28th – End of life for ESR 52 and release of ESR 60.2.0. No
further updates will be offered for ESR52 and an update to ESR 60.2.0
will be provided through the application update service

ESR52 will receive security updates until then.
0
Christian
1/11/2018 8:11:19 PM
In article <mailman.793.1515701535.2365.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   Christian Riechers <chriechers@netscape.net.invalid> wrote:
> On 01/11/2018 07:19 PM, Michael wrote:
> > If I uninstal version 56.0.2 then install  ESR release with new profile
> > will it have security updates that the 56 version doesn't have ?
> >
> > Unfortunately I need one of my computers to have an old version of
> > Firefox because I want to use an old type of extension for as long as
> > possible.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael

> This is the plan:
> August 28th � End of life for ESR 52 and release of ESR 60.2.0. No
> further updates will be offered for ESR52 and an update to ESR 60.2.0
> will be provided through the application update service

> ESR52 will receive security updates until then.

Is ESR 60 when the Firefox UI will become like that of 57?

Thanks
Dor

Ormail
1/11/2018 9:27:00 PM
On 1/11/18 4:27 PM, Ormail wrote:
> In article <mailman.793.1515701535.2365.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>     Christian Riechers <chriechers@netscape.net.invalid> wrote:
>> On 01/11/2018 07:19 PM, Michael wrote:
>>> If I uninstal version 56.0.2 then install  ESR release with new profile
>>> will it have security updates that the 56 version doesn't have ?
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I need one of my computers to have an old version of
>>> Firefox because I want to use an old type of extension for as long as
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Michael
>> This is the plan:
>> August 28th — End of life for ESR 52 and release of ESR 60.2.0. No
>> further updates will be offered for ESR52 and an update to ESR 60.2.0
>> will be provided through the application update service
>> ESR52 will receive security updates until then.
> Is ESR 60 when the Firefox UI will become like that of 57?
>
> Thanks
> Dor

Yes.

0
WaltS48
1/11/2018 10:04:55 PM
My bloviated meandering follows what Ormail graced us with on 1/11/2018
1:27 PM:
> In article <mailman.793.1515701535.2365.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>    Christian Riechers <chriechers@netscape.net.invalid> wrote:
>> On 01/11/2018 07:19 PM, Michael wrote:
>>> If I uninstal version 56.0.2 then install  ESR release with new profile
>>> will it have security updates that the 56 version doesn't have ?
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I need one of my computers to have an old version of
>>> Firefox because I want to use an old type of extension for as long as
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Michael
>
>> This is the plan:
>> August 28th � End of life for ESR 52 and release of ESR 60.2.0. No
>> further updates will be offered for ESR52 and an update to ESR 60.2.0
>> will be provided through the application update service
>
>> ESR52 will receive security updates until then.
>
> Is ESR 60 when the Firefox UI will become like that of 57?

For me it is when I turn off auto-update for Fx52.xESR so I can still
use the XUL-based extensions, knowingly foregoing future security updates.

--
Sailfish
Sailfish