rom the Global Relay Archive -------<br /> From: Hp &lt;ferd@farkel.net&gt;=
zilla.org&gt;<br /> Sent: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:30:18 -0700<br /> Subject: I =
can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. 'Cause I try and I try and I try =
<pre class=3D"gr-maex-body-pre">I have fiddled out for days tinkering with =
the setting in about:config
trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache.  I have NOT found the=20
trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently.

Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a=20
knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?

I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT=20
too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)

Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern=20
matters

Using   about:cache

Information about the Cache Service
Memory cache device
Number of entries:  722
Maximum storage size:  30720 KiB
Storage in use:  7331 KiB
Inactive storage:  7331 KiB

Offline cache device
Number of entries:  0
Maximum storage size:  512000 KiB
Storage in use:  0 KiB
Cache Directory:  C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local=20
Settings\Application=20
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache

Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache=20
folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links

Using  about:cache?device=3Dmemory

Information about the Cache Service

Memory cache device
Number of entries:  722
Maximum storage size:  30720 KiB
Storage in use:  7331 KiB
Inactive storage:  7331 KiB

using   about:cache?device=3Ddisk

Information about the Cache Service

No Other response on the screen for this attempt

Using   browser.cache

browser.cache.check_doc_frequency;  3
browser.cache.compression_level;  0
browser.cache.disk.capacity;   1048576
browser.cache.disk.enable;   true
browser.cache.disk.max_entry_size;  151200
browser.cache.disk.parent_directory;  e:\cache
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled;  true
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run; false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value; 194560
browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl;   true
browser.cache.memory.enable;   true
browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size;  5120
browser.cache.offline.capacity;   512000
browser.cache.offline.enable;   true

As far as I know I have FF set to clear cache upon a complete exit, I=20
didn't think that meant Don't Cache at all.

The folder specified in the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory entry is=20
a drive that sees no other use so I was hoping that would speed up the=20
cache-ing process.

I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays=20
EMPTY.........
The drive is accessible all the time.
</pre>=
1
sr
6/1/2012 4:42:41 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 2012-06-01 09:42, sr@archiverdemo.com wrote:
> please com e see me about htis
>
> ------- Original Message from the Global Relay Archive -------

I had to set the capacity of the offline cache to 0 to get the disk
cache to work.  The caches now work as I expected.

1
EE

Web resources about - Re: I can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. ' Cause I try and I try and I try and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache. - mozilla.support.firefox