Quicktime Error #0 - please help!

Hi,

I'm having problems with Quicktime when visiting some web sites (i.e.

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/Asteroide/index.html).

When I visit the above site, for example, I get the following message
box:

Title bar: QuickTime Unavailable.
Messge:
QuickTime failed to initialize. Error # 0.
Please make sure Quicktime is properly installed on this computer.

After I hit OK on the above message box, I get another one:

Title bar: Illegal Operation in Plug-in
Message:
The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised
to restart Firefox.
<checkbox> Don't show this message again during this session.

Firefox version: 2.0.0.3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309
Firefox/2.0.0.3

Quicktime version: 7.1.6 (downloaded and installed today - for the
umpteenth time).

Things I've tried:

1. Remove and install quicktime.
2. Remove Firefox, Remove Quicktime, Install Quicktime, Install
Firefox (in that exact order).

I'm considering installing IE7, but I really REALLY like firefox. If
someone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Alex

PS: To email me directly, remove the animal from my email address
above.
I have already tried completely uninstalling quicktime and then
reinstalling it again (from a file downloaded from apple).

0
blackbluecat
6/4/2007 4:35:51 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23957 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

blackbluecat@bigfoot.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with Quicktime when visiting some web sites (i.e.
>

> http://www.angelfire.com/sd/Asteroide/index.html).

Do you have adblock plus extension installed? if so then disable it or
simply start firefox in safe mode and check that webpage again .
"To start firefox in safe mode : close firefox. goto start > programs >
firefox [ safe mode ]"
0
Nir
6/4/2007 5:13:59 PM
Hi Nir,

The ONLY add-on that's currently installed (was installed by firefox's
own install program) is Talkback ver 2.0.0.2.

I started Firefox in safe mode (without checking any of the boxes in
the dialog that came up before actually starting the browser) and I'm
still getting the same error message.

I have a feeling that it's somehow related to the fact that that web
site tries to play background music (in a .wav file).

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Alex

On Jun 4, 1:13 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> blackblue...@bigfoot.com wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm having problems with Quicktime when visiting some web sites (i.e.
>
> >http://www.angelfire.com/sd/Asteroide/index.html).
>
> Do you have adblock plus extension installed? if so then disable it or
> simply start firefox in safe mode and check that webpage again .
> "To start firefox in safe mode : close firefox. goto start > programs >
> firefox [ safe mode ]"

0
blackbluecat
6/4/2007 6:35:17 PM
blackbluecat@bigfoot.com wrote:

> I have a feeling that it's somehow related to the fact that that web
>  site tries to play background music (in a .wav file).

Open the Quicktime Settings window from within the Quicktime Player
("Edit -> Preferences -> Quicktime Preferences") or by double-clicking
"Quicktime" in the Windows Control Panel.
Go to the Browser tab and click the MIME Settings button.
Uncheck 'wav' filetype
0
Nir
6/4/2007 7:19:07 PM
blackbluecat@bigfoot.com wrote:
> Hi Nir,
>
> The ONLY add-on that's currently installed (was installed by firefox's
> own install program) is Talkback ver 2.0.0.2.
>
> I started Firefox in safe mode (without checking any of the boxes in
> the dialog that came up before actually starting the browser) and I'm
> still getting the same error message.
>
> I have a feeling that it's somehow related to the fact that that web
> site tries to play background music (in a .wav file).
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alex
>
> On Jun 4, 1:13 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> blackblue...@bigfoot.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm having problems with Quicktime when visiting some web sites (i.e.
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/sd/Asteroide/index.html).
>> Do you have adblock plus extension installed? if so then disable it or
>> simply start firefox in safe mode and check that webpage again .
>> "To start firefox in safe mode : close firefox. goto start > programs >
>> firefox [ safe mode ]"

Quicktime has no problem with .wav files (at least on a mac)

Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9                Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.8
Phillip
6/4/2007 7:47:41 PM
On Jun 4, 3:19 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Open the Quicktime Settings window from within the Quicktime Player
> ("Edit -> Preferences -> Quicktime Preferences") or by double-clicking
> "Quicktime" in the Windows Control Panel.
> Go to the Browser tab and click the MIME Settings button.
> Uncheck 'wav' filetype

Hi Nir,

Did what you asked for.

Now firefox shows a yellow bar at the top of the browsing area stating
that "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
page." and a button on the upper right corner (also on this yellow
bar) with the caption "Install Missing Plugins...".

When I click on the button, the Plugin Finder Service comes up
indicating that "Apple Quicktime" is an available plugin (for
installation, I guess).

When I hit the "Next" button on the Plugin Finder Service I get a "No
plugins were installed." message on the top of this window, then Apple
Quicktime listed as Not Available and a button captioned "Manual
Install".

Clicking on this button takes me to Apple's web site, where I can
download quicktime from.

But I already have quicktime installed, it's marked NOT to open wav
files, and in Firefox I have Windows Media Player as the program to
use to open .wav files.

Firefox just refuses to use Windows Media Player.

Again, thanks for your determination with this. Other ideas?

Alex

0
blackbluecat
6/4/2007 8:02:36 PM
> Quicktime has no problem with .wav files (at least on a mac)
>
> --
> Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
> If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com
>                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
> Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9                Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.8

Hi Philip,

Thanks. I don't think that it has a problem with Wav files on a PC (I
forgot to mention that I'm on a machine running xp pro sp2, pentium 4
with HyperThreading, 1GB Ram), but somehow the combination of Firefox
AND Quicktime isn't working for me.

Thanks for your input!

Alex

0
blackbluecat

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and placed it instead of previous one firefox 2.0.0.14 but when I tried to start it it reported error. I have Mandriva 10.1 [root@localhost root]# cd /
Name: Milic Zivan Email: blagdotvetaratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and placed it instead of previous one firefox 2.0.0.14 but when I tried to start it it reported error. I have Mandriva 10.1 [root@localhost root]# cd /usr/local [root@localhost local]# cd firefox [root@localhost firefox]# ./firefox ./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [root@localhost firefox]# Comments: Dear Sirs, I just downloaded new firefox 3.0 and place...

New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1
Name: Robert Schlentz Email: approachatminndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1 Comments: I just finished loading Firefox 3.0.1 The error console had these warnings Each of the errors occurred several times. Warning: Unknown property 'align'. Declaration dropped. Source File: http://www.tc-ieee.org/ Line: 0 Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. Source File: http://www.mozilla.com/includes/yui/2.5.1/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css Line: 7 Warning: ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9/2.0.0.1 Update
We are still triaging bugs, but have made good progress this week. However, we still have many bugs that need patches and many more that need to be triaged and either approved for quick fixes or pushed out to the next release(s). If we hope to ship before the holidays, we need to have RC1 build in hand in about a week... *So let's try to hit our new code freeze date: Thursday 11/30 If you are a blocker bug owner, please try to get your patches in and request for approval asap! We will be granting checkin approval daily, so be ready to land when given the a= :-) * Fo...

Firefox Help as Firefox-->1.0...
It was suggested to me by fantasai that I post some info on Firefox Help to n.p.m.documentation (and I figure n.p.m.l10n wouldn't hurt, either, as a heads-up for changes that localizers will be working through ;-) ). I originally made the post to aviary@m.o, not thinking that it would be useful here as well. As of a couple weeks ago, aviary@m.o is world-readable, but given that it hasn't really been publicized as such I should have remembered that here would be the ideal place to post. Anyways, the state of (built-in) Firefox Help is as follows (slightly edited from original so as t...

Support for Firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Kathe Naples Email: knaplesattullydotk12dotnydotus Product: Firefox Summary: Support for Firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I am writing to ask that you consider supporting Firefox 2.0.0.20 for those of us who are not able to upgrade. I maintain an elementary school computer lab and it is likely that we will not be fiscally able to upgrade our iMacs from OS 10.2.8 in the near future. Thank you for your time. Kathe Naples Computer Lab Teaching Assistant Tully Elementary School Tully, NY 13159 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:...

Error in Firefox 2.0.0.4
Name: Edwin Rivera Email: edwinriatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Error in Firefox 2.0.0.4 Comments: I installed the recent version of Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 and when treatment to enter the application gives me followin error. "The program must close to allow to previus installation attempt to completes. Please restart." I follow the instructions and with himself not to access the applications. Thank Edwin Rivera Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1) ...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Error building firefox 2.0.0.3
I'm trying to build ff using mozconfig from http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Configuring_Build_Options, .. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/ff-opt-static ac_add_options --enable-optimize ac_add_options --disable-debug ac_add_options --enable-static ac_add_options --disable-shared ac_add_options --disable-tests mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser on a ubuntu-7.04 system and got the build enviornment using sudo apt-get build-dep mozilla-firefox The full log is at http://www.saville.com/mozilla/mlog-20070525 from: make -...

Help Req: "Fatal error: Error 0:
Hi All, Running Sybase SQL Anywhere v. 5.5.05 Build #2778 Was running fine, then all of a sudden it bombed out and now when I try to start my database I get "Fatal error: error 0" just after the "Checkpoint log..." stage, and the database closes. Help!? :) Regards, Lucien. If you are still wrestling with this, you may just be running out of disk space here. This will quite likely be the case of your temporary directory but any directory where the dbspace and log files exist can also be the case. "Lucien Wells" <lucien@timebilling.com....

Errors on starting Firefox 2.0.0.14
Name: Edward Westerdahl Email: obionellcatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Errors on starting Firefox 2.0.0.14 Comments: I have three errors that pop up in separate windows after starting Firefox, and before Firefox opens. These popups tell me that this 'whatever' cannot open and there is an error in 'chrome.' I also cannot open any e-mail in my inbox in Gmail. Maybe these are connected. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

error in the homepage of firefox 2.0.0.2 FR
Name: sarboni thomas Email: max-katpostdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: error in the homepage of firefox 2.0.0.2 FR Comments: On the default homepage of the lastest version of firefox in french (2.0.0.2), we can read "Bienvenue dans Firefox 1.0, le nouveau navigateur facile à utiliser de Mozilla". This is ridiculous and i suggest to you to change this as soon as possible. Firefox is the best browser ! Thanx to you for you work ! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

2.0.0.13 error message and crashes
Hi there, I have installed the 2.0.0.13 update, and it worked fine at first (though some sites did look different - different text on some sites). Went to open it this morning and I get a message saying... nVidia OpenGL driver Driver component sizes mis-match Retry to keep going Cancel to exit. If you press retry the error just come up again. IE is working fine but I want my firefox! Help! Thanks :) ...

Error With the New 2.0.0.4 Firefox Release
Name: Liam McCamley Email: lmm300atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Error With the New 2.0.0.4 Firefox Release Comments: To Whom It May Concern: I have been an avid supporter and user of Firefox for several years now and had minimal problems across the board. The purpose of this email is to point out a strange, and what appears to be, minor issue with the installation log for updates in Firefox. I installed the new 2.0.0.4 update and when I went into Tools > Options > Advanced Settings > Update Tab and looked at the show update history, it displayed the new u...

Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support
Name: Cindy Connery Email: cinconatVerizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support Comments: Since the release of your 3.0.1 update, I have to log in to every single site and reset my settings every time I open Firefox. I have been through all of your support (which I feel is strongly lacking), including live chat and still cannot find a solution. I have seen this problem and similar ones, but none of the fixes work for me. I was excited to see an update today only to find nothing's changed for me. You REALLY need better support Browser De...

Web resources about - Quicktime Error #0 - please help! - mozilla.support.firefox

QuickTime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuickTime is an extensible multimedia framework developed by Apple Inc. , capable of handling various formats of digital video , picture, sound, ...

QuickTime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuickTime is an extensible multimedia framework developed by Apple Inc. , capable of handling various formats of digital video , picture, sound, ...

Open source QuickTime component Perian closing its doors soon
Dubbed the “swiss-army knife for QuickTime,” open source QuickTime component Perian is finally closing down shop. The team of the 6 year-old ...

Missed The Big Event? Watch The QuickTime Stream Now Via Apple's Site
... rock and roll, but we like it” event yesterday, or if you just want to witness the fun all over again, Apple has posted a link to the QuickTime ...

Apple - QuickTime - Download and watch videos, movies, and TV shows.
Download QuickTime 7 Player free for PC and Mac. Start watching videos, movies, and TV shows. Quicktime 7 takes advantage of the H.264 video ...

About the security content of QuickTime 7.7.4
Learn about the security content of QuickTime 7.7.4.

Apple to make QuickTime even more consumer-friendly in 10.6
... X Snow Leopard includes a new YouTube sharing … In addition to a MobileMe sharing feature that cropped up last month in beta versions of QuickTime ...

Mac hacked through QuickTime flaw
Hack-a-Mac contest winner exploited a zero-day bug in QuickTime that could also expose Windows users. A CNET article by Joris Evers, Staff Writer, ...

Apple QuickTime update for Windows only; Macs already secure
Apple's security and OS updates included the latest version of QuickTime, which Apple has just made available for Windows PCs.