Profiling firefox plugin

When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?
0
salilsurendran
10/12/2017 9:15:02 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23873 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 10/12/17 5:15 PM, salilsurendran@gmail.com wrote:
> When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?

What version of Firefox on what platform? Windows, Mac, Linux?

What web site?

You can restart in Safe Mode and see if that helps.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-hangs-or-not-responding>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
10/12/2017 11:01:38 PM
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT), salilsurendran@gmail.com
wrote:

>When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns =
into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of =
the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out =
which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?=20

Turn them off, one at a time, until the problem goes away. When it
does, you will have found the problem.
0
Ken
10/12/2017 11:42:42 PM
In message
<mailman.1253.1507851796.16833.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Ken
Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:
>On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT), salilsurendran@gmail.com
>wrote:
>
>>When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns
>>into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of
>>the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out
>>which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?
>

>Turn them off, one at a time, until the problem goes away. When it
>does, you will have found the problem.

A binary search (turning on/off half of them) is quicker than one at a
time (-:

I like to think of her as Mary Poppins's evil twin - Michelle Gomez, on the
character "Missy" (female version of the Master?) she plays in Doctor Who
[RT 2017/6/24-30]
In article
   Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT), salilsurendran@gmail.com
> wrote:

> >When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns
> >into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of
> >the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out
> >which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?

> Turn them off, one at a time, until the problem goes away. When it
> does, you will have found the problem.

Turn them *all* off. Run Firefox. Is it now okay?

Then apply the 50% rule to turn 'em back on... and so on... until the
errant item is revealed, it involves a lot Less steps.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
<G6JPG-255@255soft.uk> wrote:

>In message=20
><mailman.1253.1507851796.16833.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Ken=20
>Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:
>>On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT), salilsurendran@gmail.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>>When I use firefox it slows down every 10 seconds and my mouse turns=20
>>>into an hourglass. I have tried closing and restarting firefox. One of=
=20
>>>the plugins is causing this problem. Any profiler that will figure out=
=20
>>>which plugin is consuming Firefox resources?
>>

>>Turn them off, one at a time, until the problem goes away. When it
>>does, you will have found the problem.
>
>A binary search (turning on/off half of them) is quicker than one at a=20
>time (-:

Yes, your suggestion is better than mine.

0
Ken