Profile migration help

I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
Thanks!
0
Sam
11/7/2017 9:19:58 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23913 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

--------------5D4D919C153E4975A75545C3

On 07/11/2017 21:19, Sam Courtney wrote:
> I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
> I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
> Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
> Thanks!

Can you tell us what is your Operating system and whether you have
applied all the available updates?

On a Windows System, all you need to do is to copy the Entire Profile
Folder located at these two locations:

<C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local>   The folder is called Mozilla
<C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming>    The folder is called Mozilla

After you have moved these two folders, you can launch Firefox and
Volila, all your bookmarks will be there.

You need to change the <username> to your real profile name. e.g Sam-
Courtney.  No angle brackets.

Good luck.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------5D4D919C153E4975A75545C3

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.2067.1510095750.16833.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
Thanks!
</pre>
    Can you tell us what is your Operating system and whether you have
    applied all the available updates?<br>
    On a Windows System, all you need to do is to copy the Entire
    Profile Folder located at these two locations:<br>
    &lt;C:\Users\&lt;username&gt;\AppData\Local&gt;   The folder is
    called Mozilla<br>
    &lt;C:\Users\&lt;username&gt;\AppData\Roaming&gt;    The folder is
    called Mozilla<br>
    After you have moved these two folders, you can launch Firefox and
    Volila, all your bookmarks will be there.<br>
    You need to change the &lt;username&gt; to your real profile name.
    e.g Sam- Courtney.  No angle brackets.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------5D4D919C153E4975A75545C3--
0
Good
11/7/2017 11:25:53 PM
On 11/7/17 4:19 PM, Sam Courtney wrote:
> I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
> I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
> Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
> Thanks!

Is there not a bookmarkbackups folder in your copied profile folder?
If there is go to, in your new install, Menu>Bookmarks>Show All
Bookmarks>click on Import and Backup>Restore>Choose File and point to
the lastest backup in the old profile.

--
Caver1
0
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:02:38 PM UTC-6, Sam Courtney wrote:
> I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
> I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
> Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
> Thanks!

I don't have a backup file - never did one.

Do I have to get the Roaming folder as well as the Local folder?

I'm using Win 10 - FF 56.02

I do not find a places.sqlite file when I search my folders.
Nor do I find logins.json file for PWs.

Thanks for any help!
0
Sam
11/8/2017 2:43:10 AM
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:02:38 PM UTC-6, Sam Courtney wrote:
> I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
> I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
> Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
> Thanks!

OK - I found the files I need under the Roaming folder - so do I need both local and roaming to get all of the proper content?
Thanks again - somehow I missed this in all my research!!
0
Sam
--------------040400050100080603040403

On 08/11/2017 03:12, Sam Courtney wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:02:38 PM UTC-6, Sam Courtney wrote:
>> I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
>> I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
>> Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
>> Thanks!
> OK - I found the files I need under the Roaming folder - so do I need both local and roaming to get all of the proper content?

Yes

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------040400050100080603040403

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.2070.1510114715.16833.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:02:38 PM UTC-6, Sam Courtney wrote:
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">I do not have any of the stated files in my profile to migrate to a new installation.
I have followed all of the support steps - I have copied the entire profile folder and file content but the files stated for my bookmarks are not in the content I have from my previous install so I cannot migrate to a new install.
Can anyone help me with this - I have been working on this for 2 weeks.
Thanks!
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
OK - I found the files I need under the Roaming folder - so do I need both local and roaming to get all of the proper content?
</pre>
    Yes<br>