Problems with security certificates in firefox...

Whenever I got to a website with a security certificate, firefox tells
me that the certificate is not valid, but when I look at the
certificate, it is still valid.

I am not sure what to do at this point, I am using firefox 3.6.12.
0
Morgan
12/5/2010 1:52:25 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23575 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Dec 5, 7:52=A0am, Morgan Davies <morgan.dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever I got to a website with a security certificate, firefox tells
> me that the certificate is not valid, but when I look at the
> certificate, it is still valid.
>
> I am not sure what to do at this point, I am using firefox 3.6.12.

Ok I figured out what went wrong.

Somehow, the date on my computer got changed to some time in 2002. I
changed it back to the current date and all is working as it should be.
0
Morgan

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors
Name: jeff Email: bank6666atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors Comments: Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Remove all firefox certificate authorities from firefox
I'd like to remove all ca's from a profile in firefox and then enable each one I need by and (case by case), how can I do that (without interfering with other profiles I use for general browsing) and without having to do it by hand? thei're many! Any advice? Aquarina wrote: > I'd like to remove all ca's from a profile in firefox and then enable > each one I need by and (case by case), how can I do that (without > interfering with other profiles I use for general browsing) and without > having to do it by hand? thei're many! > Any advice? ...

Firefox and security certificates
Secure data transmission on the internet relies on encryption and security certificates. Mozilla has revised the way Firefox 3 handles certificates, but not always for the better. A few modifications will sort things out - and give you more security. http://www.h-online.com/security/The-right-way-to-handle-encryption-with-Firefox-3--/features/112797 -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Firefox Security problem
Name: erwu Email: erwuatgo2dotpl Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Security problem Comments: www.hsqvyrpzeh.info/?ubbdoe.jpg this Virus sends this link by polish communicator called "Gadu gadu" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 ...

Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?)
Name: HY Tan Email: elfelleatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?) Comments: http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-vs-Chrome-1-0-vs-Opera-9-62-vs-Firefox-3-0-4-vs-Safari-3-2-vs-Password-Security-100103.shtml Above link is not based on 3.1b2 results but hope firefox can pass all security tests to make it the leading secure browser. Speed is one area but Security is another key area where it will attract more people to switch to most secure browsers with the less loopholes :) Browser De...

Problem with importing Certificate into Firefox Keystore with JSS - Cast problem
Hi there, i have a little problem. i want to add a certificate t the Firefox keystore this way: X509Certificate certificate = (X509Certificate) CertificateFactory.getInstance("X.509").generateCertificate(new FileInputStream("src//Sohrabi.cer")); cm.importCertToPerm(certificate, "testdummystuff"); but i have a problem with the casting of the Certificate. the importCertToPerm need a Certificate of Instance: org.mozilla.jss.crypto.X509Certificate but my created certificate is of instance: java.security.cert.X509Certificate. When i try to cast it to ...

Animation Problem in firefox 1* and firefox 2*
Name: alejandro Email: alejodotjmatgmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Animation Problem in firefox 1* and firefox 2* Comments: Hello i from Colombia i am a web developer i work with javascript and php and i know web 2.0, i have 3 years experience. Animation using Firefox 1*, firefox 2* is so slow besides when i push the event button several times it works fine but the animation does not work properly. This happen with this libraries script.aculo.us (http://script.aculo.us/) with framework prototype (http://www.prototypejs.org/) and yui (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/...

firefox 3 beta and firefox 2 problem
Name: Nick Jansen Email: kaspyrdotjansenatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: firefox 3 beta and firefox 2 problem Comments: After installing firefox 3 beta on windows vista home premium, I lost the back and forward buttons on the navigation toolbar and I can't get them back. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

firefox still has problems (firefox 2 & 3)
Name: iuri Email: iuri_vieiraathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: firefox still has problems (firefox 2 & 3) Comments: 1-On my university site, i can´t access my schedule page using the dropdown menu, nothing happens. 2-On the main page i have some options aligned in horizontal, like: abc def ghi jkl But when i point with the mouse they get highlighted, but they move out of position, and if i run over all those option with the mouse, they go vertical, and get like this: abc def ghi jkl overlapping whatever was there first! I can send som...

firefox certificate expiry problem
I play one of those fox sports fantasy games, but lately I can't log in to the fox sports login windows live page and firefox is telling me the page's certificate expired. How do I fix it? -- <---=��-Dilbert Firestorm-��=---> Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!! dilbert firestorm wrote: > I play one of those fox sports fantasy games, but lately I can't log in to the > fox sports login windows live page and firefox is telling me the page's > certificate expired. How do I fix it? > The problem is at the other end, fox sport hasn...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

firefox / secure connexion problem
I am writing with what might be a problem to many firefox users here are the symptoms doctor!: two weeks ago i noticed that i couldn't log on to my ebay account. At first i thought it was a ebay problem.the i tried with IE and noticed it was working but i kept thinking it was a temporary ebay/firefox compatibilty problem Than last week i could not log anymore to my gmail account or my banking online site , to generalize everything that uses secure session. i have been looking on the forum and found some directive such as: clear the cache , the cookies, check some se...

Web resources about - Problems with security certificates in firefox... - mozilla.support.firefox

Wildcard certificate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In addition, wildcards themselves can have subjectAltName extensions, including other wildcards. For example: The wildcard certificate *.wikipedia.org ...

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Parents of newborn children have been mailed birth certificates for other peoples' babies in a mix-up described as a major privacy breach.

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Human error has led to nine parents being sent&nbsp;birth certificates for other peoples' babies, in what has been described&nbsp;as a major ...

Doctor-assisted dying should be listed on death certificates: law professor
Provincial and territorial death certificates should indicate when a patient's life was ended with the help of a doctor, says an analysis published ...

December Patch Tuesday avalanche of patches includes leaked Xbox certificate
... of a security fumble by Microsoft's internal IT team—the inadvertent disclosure of the private encryption keys for a wildcard SSL/TLS certificate. ...

Xbox Live certificate keys exposed according to Microsoft
... necessarily mean you've been hacked, but the possibility is there. In a new security bulletin the company claims that the SSL/TLS digital certificate ...

Protecting your site for free with Let's Encrypt SSL certificates and acmetool
... has been more elevated lately, due to their opening up their service as a public beta. If you don't know what Let's Encrypt is, it's a Certificate ...

China's Use of Derivatives to Hide Capital Flight Comes Unglued; Reserves Fall by Record Amount; "Worthless" ...
... for a while, using swap derivatives. Things looked better, until December and January, when suddenly they didn't. About Those "Worthless" Certificates ...

MSNBC's Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump about Obama's birth certificate after the debate
... , MSNBC host Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump over the real-estate mogul's past questioning of President Barack Obama's birth certificate. ...

Google to revoke trust in a Symantec root certificate
Very soon, the Android OS, Chrome browser and other Google products will stop trusting all digital certificates that are linked to a 20-year-old ...