Problem with erasing history

Is there a setting where I can have my history erased after closing the
browser that will NOT close open tabs? Using the
Options>Privacy>History>Custom settings allows for me to clear history
on close but it also closes my open tabs, which I don't want to happen.

TIA

--
Sailfish
Sailfish

Sailfish wrote:
> Is there a setting where I can have my history erased after closing the
> browser that will NOT close open tabs? Using the
> Options>Privacy>History>Custom settings allows for me to clear history
> on close but it also closes my open tabs, which I don't want to happen.
>
> TIA

Where do you think the tabs get their data?  You guessed it - from history.

0
EE
7/12/2018 6:36:33 PM
My bloviated meandering follows what EE graced us with on 7/12/2018
11:36 AM:
> Sailfish wrote:
>> Is there a setting where I can have my history erased after closing
>> the browser that will NOT close open tabs? Using the
>> Options>Privacy>History>Custom settings allows for me to clear history
>> on close but it also closes my open tabs, which I don't want to happen.
>>
>> TIA
>>
> Where do you think the tabs get their data?  You guessed it - from history.

If so, that logic is more than a bit oxymoron-ish. A tab is an open
document and not "history" until one closes it. For example, a single
tab isn't considered "history", why should multiple ones be so?

--
Sailfish
Sailfish