Problem loading Flash CS5.5 AS 3.0 MP3 Player in Firefox

I posted this in Firefox support.mozilla.com/questions/856237 and was
told to post it in an add-on forum instead. I was told that was not
the right place either. Hopefully this is.

I created a MP3 Player in Flash CS5.5 using Action Script 3.0. It uses
SharedObject to save the volume and stop/pause settings so the client
will only have to set the volume/stop/pause once, not every time a
page is loaded/refreshed. I use SWFObject 2.0 to embed the player in
my web page. I am not sure where the problem is located, but IE 9 and
8 work as I expect them to. Firefox does not. In Firefox, when I press
pause, then play, the track shows it is reloading even though the song
is already loaded. Also, I cannot press any of the buttons on the
player until the load is finished (100%). If I do press them before it
is 100% loaded, none of them work until I do a refresh and then wait
again for a reload. In IE9 and IE8, when I press pause and then play,
the song starts where it left off. You may see the HTML code in my web
site, it is on the home page of letsdancevacations that is a dot com
site. I cannot find the answer. Please is there anyone that can help?
When I am in CS5.5 and select Publish Preview;HTML... it brings up the
player in Firefox and it does not initiate a reload on pause/play. The
problem appears to be stemming from the reload when the player is
started on my Web Page. In the Publish Preview it comes up with the
song loaded and does not reload on pause/play and stop/play. Could
this be an interface between my web host and Firefox? I have ruled out
SWFObject because I created a testFlash.htm page that does not use
SWFObject. It was copied from the HTML code that was generated in the
Publish Preview. If the MP3 player works on Firefox when it is
published as a test in CS5.5, but does not work when published on a
web page, what in the world can be the cause???? I also put the files
on my desktop, ran the player in Firefox from there and everything
works fine. My web host said it was an action script problem first,
but I did not understand how that could be if it works fine from my
desktop. Now they say it is a problem with Firefox. Are there any
settings for Firefox that are used when something is executed from the
Internet published page vs from my desktop?
0
Jenny
8/9/2011 10:09:22 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Problems opening Firefox, tried loading 3.5.3, and 3.0
Name: Joy Email: JConradsonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems opening Firefox, tried loading 3.5.3, and 3.0 Comments: Tried opening my computer with 3.5.3, and then tried with 3.014 or the version before 3.5.3, and Mozilla Firefox doesn't open. I don't know what to do! I like using Mozilla Firefox better than Internet Explorer. I have taken 3.5.3 off my computer and put the 3.014 version on my computer, but every time I try to load the system says not responding, and has to close. Please send me an email as what I should do, I don't kno...

Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Karyl Severson Email: karyldotseversonatbredbanddotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: Hi, there - I have installed and re-installed Adobe Flash Player for Mac, and have installed both Firefox 3.0 and now 3.1 Beta, but websites requiring Flash no longer work. It is not an extreme problem as I can use Safari on my Mac, but I prefer the normal robustness of Firefox. Thanks very much. Karyl Severson Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9....

No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10
I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed. Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... S | Name | Summary | Type --+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+----------- i | flash-player | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player | package | flash-player | Adobe...

Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5
Name: DHIEGO RODRIGUES Email: arcanjodhathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5 Comments: O navegador foi o pior dos firefox que eu já experimentei, está travando, ficou mais lento não tem temas que funcionam. Se a versão nova está tão ruim o que houve para vocês liberarem? Confio no seu navegador há 05 (cinco) anos só utilizo o firefox por favor corrijam os problemas não gosto do explorer a pesar de ter o explorer 8 instalado sempre preferi o firefox e com o tema aero fox...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.5 crashes with flash player 10.0.32.18 (suse 10.3)
Hi I was using firefox 3.5.3 with flash player 9 (some version - not sure) and it was working fine. Today when youtube got opened it prompted me to upgrade flash to 10.0.32.18, i did so by installing ".rpm" using "rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-10.0.32.18-release.i386.rpm ". But after that whenever any flash embed sits (eg: youtube) opened, firefox is crashing. Please let me know what is the issue. I have mozilla-nss-3.11.7-15 mozilla-xulrunner181-1.8.1.4-30 mozilla-nspr-4.6.7-20 beagle-firefox-0.2.18-30 with openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64). Thanks, ShekarKCB -- ...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

Adobe Flash Player problem with Firefox 3.0
Name: Jezreel Trepanier Email: jezreeltrepanierathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player problem with Firefox 3.0 Comments: Hello, I am trying to view videos on youtube with Firefox version 3.0 - it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player, or that I have javascript turned off. I have javascript turned on (upon checking) and I have just installed AFP, yet I continue to get the same message each time the browser restarts, so I am unable to view videos on youtube. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Problems downloading Adobe Flash Player on Firefox 3.0
Name: kevin marcelli Email: kevmar100athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems downloading Adobe Flash Player on Firefox 3.0 Comments: I keep getting the message, The following applications need to be closed before the Adobe Flash Player Plugin can be installed. Firefox. I have no clue how to download this program and spent hours and getting no where. Please help. Thank you. Kevin Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no e...

No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5
Name: John Anderson Email: johnandersonattelusplanetdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5 Comments: I have d/l 3.5, which is non-functional (issues mainly with boomarks and refresh), among others. I am currently a fully functional Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) user and would be happy there if the download speed was as fast as it is said 3.5 is. 3.0.13 is a little slow getting going on startup. I have tried, without success, to use MozBackup to bring my bookmarks from 3.0.13 into 3.5. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

Firefox 3.0.1 flash problems
It takes forever for any youtube or flash video to load in firefox. I have installed the latest adobe flash software. Is there anything else I can do? ...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Firefox 1.5.0.11 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 are now =20 available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://=20 getfirefox.com. Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to =20 Firefox 2. Firefox 1.5.0.11 is available for download from http://=20 www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html...

Web resources about - Problem loading Flash CS5.5 AS 3.0 MP3 Player in Firefox - mozilla.support.firefox

2016 BMW M3 and M4 recalled for driveshaft problem
... Recalls , Coupe , Sedan , Performance BMW will recall just 42 examples of the 2016 M3 and M4 in the US to check for a possible driveshaft problem. ...

Problem with metrics and referee directions
Vox has a brief little informer on the relative risk of injury in high school sports. I think it is useful, but reading the definition of injury ...

Microsoft has an emoji problem
Microsoft increasingly has an emoji problem as the company's Windows 10 operating system lacks the latest set of characters. Emoji are, essentially, ...

The junk problem is bigger than oil
Some have written off the high-yield concerns as a mere effect of crude oil's slide. But that analysis appears to be badly off base.

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... will best take advantage of the year ahead. Whether you have or not, I invite you to take a few seconds right now to think about what problems ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...

Poll: Americans Have 99 Problems, And Terrorism Is No. 1
The number shot up from just 3 percent to 16 percent from November to December

Culture: The observer bias problem, and why you should care
... the same type of mistakes in drawing conclusions about what we observe with Islamic fundamentalism. As I wrote here , I believe that the problem ...