Problem displaying a website -- part 2

Back in April, I posted a message about a problem I was having
displaying a web page.  I took the liberty of quoting the original
post below for reference.  I finally figured out what the problem is
in loading the website.  It's Norton Internet Security's pop-up
blocker.  I really don't want to disable it.  I can set permissions to
allow the site to load, but I need to know what to set (also how to
set it).  Anyone have any experiences or ideas?  Thanks in advance.
jmccay

On Apr 8, 3:13 pm, "jmccay" <joemc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble view the website http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/ on
> a Win XP system.  I can view the web page in an old version of Mozilla
> (the last one I believe).  I can view it using IE, and I can view it
> with IE Tab when I switch to IE as the rendering engine.  All I get
> using Firefox 2.0.0.3 is a blue bar at the top with selections for RSS
> and a choice between two renderings.  Other have been able to see the
> site without any problems using Firefox 2.0.0.3.  I think it is
> something I may have set or a file I may have deleted that is causing
> this problem.  I regularly shred some files and my cache using a
> shredder for security reason (or just paranoia).  How can I get view
> this website?  What do I need to do to fix this problem.  I tried
> reinstalling Firefox 2.0.0.3 over my current directory.  I have the
> following addons:
>
> Color Tabs, Forecastfox, IE Tab, and NoScript
>
>    I have tried turning them off and loading the page, but that didn't
> work.  Any ideas?  I have had problems with other sites, but usually
> when it happens it's just things not lining up properly.
> jmccay

0
jmccay
7/3/2007 12:58:36 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24293 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

"jmccay"
> Norton Internet Security's pop-up
> blocker.  I really don't want to disable it.  I can set permissions to
> allow the site to load, but I need to know what to set (also how to
> set it).

does this help
 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#Norton_Internet_Security

0
David

Problem with Firefox 2 displaying pictures on websites
Name: Joshua Wong Email: josian782003_at_yahoo.com.sg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 2 displaying pictures on websites Comments: I had just upgraded to Firefox 2 but when i'm at my home page (Yahoo), the . The pictures cannot be displayed at all. What happened. Please address my issue asap. Thank you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

firefox 2 problem #2
Name: Josef Knoke Email: knoxxatemaildotde Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2 problem Comments: All my bookmarks are gone, though it is reported this would not happen! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/2.0 ...

firefox 2 problems #2
Name: dustin cochran Email: dus10_07athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2 problems Comments: i downloaded firefox 2.0 as soon as it was released and now have installed the 2.0.0.1 upgrade. it freezes constantly. especially on myspace at least 4 or more times daily i go to one of my friends myspace page and firefox freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+delete to go to the windows task manager and end the firefox task and restart firefox. its getting to be a reason to go back to ie. there shouldnt be any reason to go back to ie becuase firefox 1.5 was great. this probl...

Problem with Firefox 2 #2
Name: Don Chase Email: dgc49atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 2 Comments: I have downloaded Bete 4 of Firefox 3 to check for a problem I have been having with Firefox 2 (latest release as of March 19, 2008). I am a subscriber to The Weather Underground weather service and have a personal blog there. Many of us exchange videos from YouTube on the WU blogs. I've noticed when using Firefox 2 that after a while, Firefox takes over all of my CPU activity, even when I am not doing anything or downloading anything. After watching for when this happens a...

Problem with Firefox 2 #2
Name: Brian West Email: brigil9attiscalidotco.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 2 Comments: I have been using Firefox for several years with complete satisfaction. Two days ago I downloaded and installed the latest version. Now, when I am browsing I keep getting the message that I have three tabs open when only one is open; if a click Close Firefox itself closes. In other words I cannot close a single page to go back to the one previous, It is very annoying. Solution please. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/...

problem in browsing the framed website with firefox #2
Name: James Zhu Email: zxnreg_at_163.com Product: Firefox Summary: problem in browsing the framed website with firefox Comments: Please use firefox and IE to browse the site www.addbead.com. You can find the problem. Is it a bug? Waiting for your reply! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; zh-CN; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 ...

How to support ASP.NET 2.0 website with IE7 and Firefox
I developed Application using ASP.NET 2.0 (C#). When I open Application in IE7 and in firefox, I am getting problems.How to support in IE7. Need Help. Thanks, ASP.NET_Dev Hi,     The problem u r facing is a common one .. where most of the web developers are facing. Here i have given u a link, just check it. There the solution was given. U have to identify the client side browser and then ur page has to be rendered ....      http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/browsercaps.asp?df=100&forumid=56854&exp=0&select=1076643     ...

problems with firefox 2.0 #2
Name: jennifer flak Email: romancereader2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems with firefox 2.0 Comments: I have been using firefox for over a year now and I love it, so when I saw that you had a new upgrade I downloaded it right a way. As soon as I pulled up a browser page I started having problems with it. I couldn't get tabs to close, tabs popped up with no action on my part and the auto complete for the words in search engines and in the address bar wouldn't work. I was disappointed in this version and I hope you can fix it. I ended up deleting this ...

Firefox 2.0.2 problems
I have been having problems to read Danish newspapers online in that Firefox stalls and I am asked to send Microsoft an error message before restarting Firefox in a new session or restoring the page. I have checked for virus etc but all seems well except this problem. user@domain.invalid wrote: > I have been having problems to read Danish newspapers online in that > Firefox stalls and I am asked to send Microsoft an error message > before restarting Firefox in a new session or restoring the page. > > I have checked for virus etc but all seems well except this prob...

Firefox 2 Beta 2 problem
Name: Patrick Moore Email: pmooreatsnetdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 2 Beta 2 problem Comments: My website now requires that I use the horizontal scroll bars to view it. See: http://www.mtlski.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Problem with FIREFOX 2.0 #2
Name: D. Baldwin Email: GSAC3_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with FIREFOX 2.0 Comments: I am finding that FIREFOX 2.0 frequently hangs when re-loading a page or switching between between viewed pages via the back button. I have not had this problem with earlier versions of FIREFOX. I am running WINDOWS-XP an a DELL XPS M1710. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Firefox 3.0 beta 2 has problem displaying the following page
Name: DW Email: dwmatrixatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 beta 2 has problem displaying the following page Comments: https://utilities.cityofmesa.org/eservices/p_template?page_name=UWBPHIST This is a bill summary page, all the info were scrambled and unreadable. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Bugzilla-4.2 homepage display problem on Firefox-11.0
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms080905030206050305090505 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------090907000801020704010002" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090907000801020704010002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Using the approved bzr procedures I upgraded from Bugzilla-4.0.4 to=20 Bugzilla-4.2 with no apparent conflicts or errors being thrown. I then=20 ran 'checksetup.pl' which produced the expe...

Problems with displaying devnagari characters on Mac with Firefox 2.0.0.4 ...
Folks, I am going nuts with this. I have an HTML page with some devnagari characters in it. They are expressed as HTML entities like this: &#x0915; &#x0947; &#x0926; &#x093e; &#x930; &#x092e; &#x094d; &#x0939; &#x0938; &#x0935; &#x0921;& #x0947 The problem is on my MacBookPro this does not display at all. All the devnagari characters are shown as '?'s! Safari, on the other hand, displays it nicely and correctly. The ordeal is expressed along with some images at: http://bloggerkedar.blogspot.com/2007/07/problem-with-display...

ASP.NET 2.0 Menu with Multiview Display problem in Firefox & Safari
Hi everyone I am using Menu with Multiview in ASP.NET 2.0 to get tab view. It works fine in IE but not in Firefox or Safari. The contents of each tab are going out of its tab area. You can get an idea by opening the following example in IE and Firefox http://blogs.vbcity.com/mcintyre/archive/2006/11/07/6773.aspx  Snapshots of IE 7.0.5730.11 view(Correct Display)    Snapshot of Firefox 2.0.0.13 view (Incorrect Display) Any replies will be welcomed Thanks Maqsood Hi dr_maq, It is very strange to me. I am not sure it is a display issue or a standard...

Web resources about - Problem displaying a website -- part 2 - mozilla.support.firefox

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...